Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I made some screenshots.

BA fail.jpg

BA resisted.jpg

How can I make the picture bigger? It seems small... hope you can see it, when you click on it.

In the first picture there was damage, no resist and the prone status didn't appear in the details.
    The second picture shows the BA resisted (in purple text).

It isn't a big problem for me, becouse only one of my gladiators use it, but thought it is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogornomus View Post
    I made some screenshots.

BA fail.jpg

BA resisted.jpg

How can I make the picture bigger? It seems small... hope you can see it, when you click on it.

In the first picture there was damage, no resist and the prone status didn't appear in the details.

It isn't a big problem for me, becouse only one of my gladiators use it, but thought it is important.
    You could do what I normally do when i want to post a picture.
    Upload it to www.tinypic.com and copy paste the url for forums in your post

Quote Originally Posted by Ogornomus View Post
    I made some screenshots.

BA fail.jpg

BA resisted.jpg

Interesting, I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    BA got excessively downgraded in the update : not only the knockdown is often resisted now but it also does not cause damage anymore... That's just too much and making the skill not worth it anymore...
    The changes to Barreling attack were to bring the skill inline with everything else. Before the update the chance to knock someone down was the same at skill level 1 or 10, only the frequency as which you attempted the skill changed. Now the chance to actually knock them down is tied to your skill level and attributes. If you see it is resisted a large part of that is because your gladiator actually failed to execute the skill properly. If you aren't finding much success with it, focus on the key attributes and expect it to be resisted sometimes as getting knocked down has much more severe consequences now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Fresh Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    The changes to Barreling attack were to bring the skill inline with everything else. Before the update the chance to knock someone down was the same at skill level 1 or 10, only the frequency as which you attempted the skill changed. Now the chance to actually knock them down is tied to your skill level and attributes. If you see it is resisted a large part of that is because your gladiator actually failed to execute the skill properly. If you aren't finding much success with it, focus on the key attributes and expect it to be resisted sometimes as getting knocked down has much more severe consequences now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    I get the idea that the Knockdown effect can be resisted but does that also tie into the fact that Barreling attack does no damage at all? Even if the other guy resisted the knockdown, he still get a maul/sword/axe/etc to the face.

Here you can see that Barreling attack does damage to my gladiator and she ends up in a prone state afterward:
    MESSERSCHMIDT attempts to squash her enemy with her RUNE-POUNDED BATTLE FLAIL.
    MESSERSCHMIDT tries to knock CLEOME down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    The blow to CLEOME's side lands with cyclopean force! (+200 Damage)

Here you can see that the effect of Barreling attack of my gladiator is resisted and it does no damage:
    MELILOTUS conservatively circles around his enemy.
    MELILOTUS nearly falls as he attacks with his RUNE-POUNDED HAND AXE.
    MELILOTUS tries to knock GUTSANDGOO down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    Resisted Knock Down Effect!

Here you can see that I was able to hit the guy with Barreling attack and he ended up in a prone state but I didn't do any damage at all:
    R O U N D 7
    MELILOTUS circles GLAIVE like a starved vulture, looking for an opening.
    MELILOTUS nearly falls as he attacks with his DRACONIC FLAIL.
    MELILOTUS tries to knock GLAIVE down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    GLAIVE drops to one knee after the shot!
    R O U N D 8
    The Enforcer quickly throws MELILOTUS a FLAIL from off the arena wall!
    GLAIVE gets stepped on as he tries to stand!

It doesn't look right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iczer View Post
    I get the idea that the Knockdown effect can be resisted but does that also tie into the fact that Barreling attack does no damage at all? Even if the other guy resisted the knockdown, he still get a maul/sword/axe/etc to the face.
    I agree with you but as Nate stated being knocked down has gotten more severe effects (although I haven't really looked into it I know my 2 Hander does so little that the crowd starts to get mad at him after 3 rounds lol) There are several skills that appear like that there's also War Cry which is able to do damage and an effect or just the effect.