Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    One round results and fifty round battles - both were/are undesirable. Balancing such a strategic game is not an easy task; although it may be required in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    maybe we could all have a second free respec to correct the mistakes most of us made
    I too feel like it.. but there culd be so many possible combinations of race-specialty-attributes-weapons-skills-strategies that every time there could be a build with different outcome than we expected and we might feel like if we could respec once again.

However, I would sincerely request Nate to please let unlearning not too hard for us; so that we may be able to experiment with different skill sets in addition to fight strategies and gear; this may ultimately add to replayability of the game.

Regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-19-2013 at 02:56 AM.

I've just flipped the switch on a bug fix and balance tweak update. Please see below for some of the more notable balance tweaks:

- Defense has been scaled back a little bit making those builds a little more vulnerable and reducing the ability for a gladiator to stand around and do nothing until their opponent passes out. Defensive minded gladiators can still employ this technique, it's just a little harder to pull off than before.

- When the crowd and Enforcer get angry the average damage they deal has been increased slightly.

- The deterioration seen from low health and low endurance has had a "floor" put in place. Once a gladiator passes the floor no additional deterioration in ability occurs. This floor is still pretty low so expect to continue seeing penalties for low health and endurance.

- Increased damage gained from strength and agility have been increased slightly.

- Cool downs on some skills have been adjusted to achieve a better balance among specialties.

The next update which will be ready in the near future will likely see unlearning re-enabled with a new system in place, so for those wishing to modify their builds you'll be able to do so at that time.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

All these are so welcome changes.. Thanks much, Nate.

Not quite sure how slight these adjustments are exactly but the Rages seem to punch through heavy armour + defensive strategy much easier now.

Good job Nate, balance between gladiator types seems much better now and tanks are no more invulnerable even if they stay tough to beat...

I've challenged Prinny, the current leading tank of Primus, at least a dozen times with my good old Theatrics Slim to test the rebalancing and I can see a clear difference now, I still lose often but nowI can at least hit him a few times and I have even won a few of the fights after some strats/weapons/achievements changes ! (sorry Prinny for the intensive challenges, I really needed to check against the best to evaluate the changes...)
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    Good job Nate, balance between gladiator types seems much better now and tanks are no more invulnerable even if they stay tough to beat...

I've challenged Prinny, the current leading tank of Primus, at least a dozen times with my good old Theatrics Slim to test the rebalancing and I can see a clear difference now, I still lose often but nowI can at least hit him a few times and I have even won a few of the fights after some strats/weapons/achievements changes ! (sorry Prinny for the intensive challenges, I really needed to check against the best to evaluate the changes...)
    Sorry? Im rather thankfull! Prinny can retire for sure now before the next BG match!
    Scratch that he's retired now!
    My whole other stable fought his last fights as a a farewell gift to him

His replacement is a Theatrics by the name of Amon Djinn, his stats are 83-83-90-72-82-74-67 and you can guess by his stats what type of glad he will become
    Last edited by Prinny; 01-22-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Well Prin, i would have say...theatrics...blades...or exotic?

As far as the update goes, my boys seemed to do ok while i was away, but it all sounds great!
    Last edited by sevenseas; 01-22-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

My ragers are proving that they are ragers and the wars are living up up to their descipline in battles. Zuko the rager is 45-0-6 in pit fights today and Arthas my war glad has won, without requiring to tank, the 7th battle royale after the update.

Good to see the glads are running quite predictably now..

speeeeed raaaaaage!!!!!!!

<3 the changes to agility and counter attack. speed rage is viable again
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Nate did not announced it yet on the forum, but I've noticed that the "Unlearn" buttons are back on the skill tree... However it is currently "greyed" and cannot be clicked... Same cost as before so far, sadly, despise the collective demand to change it...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss