Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Changing specialties has never been allowed
    Yeah that's understandable because then it will demand for change in skill tree once again else the outcome would be too weird. For example if a rage with 90-100 points in rage tree changes to war he would be able to wear heavy armor or wield a shield while still retaining the devastating aggressive rage skills, perhaps making him too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    It is far more likely your recent losses are due to the fact that rage gladiators need to modify their strategies to compensate for the new update's changes than it is due to his stats
    Although during the respec I humbly feel we should have allowed to change the specialty. Now the attributes can push the skill effects beyond normal skill limits. If attribute were not that important then HOL slaves would have no significance.

For example the rage tree now has many skills requiring strength+size+chi. I have a few rages with size in 50s and I had purchased them solely based on their basic strength+chi. Now I suppose even with solid fight strategies they are still going to stay relatively less competitive than they could have been. I am also finding it difficult to train these skills because of now-low strength+size+chi combination. I suppose if the skills selected and slave attributes are in proper unison, they supplement each other so much that a common fight strategy may also work with them.

Yesterday Blind Bandit won the pit fight in first place, 60-0-10, with just one and unchaged fight strategy.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-17-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kastiel View Post
    Thanks Nate, I wonder if anyone can go full heavy armor in offensive WAR ? I mean it seems impossible since full heavy armor means red encumbrance and 1/1 activity ? I am with 70% medium armor and still yellow but atleast he is not passing out lol
    Belca is at 32/33% encumbrance depending on me giving him a 2 Handed Maul or 2 Hammers. He's currently rocking 125 Size and 156 Strength.
    I doubt any normal slaves will be able to achieve it without some medium and even light armour pieces though

Aspiring Master
    yea I was talking about normal slaves not hol things

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarion199 View Post
    Yeah that's understandable because then it will demand for change in skill tree once again else the outcome would be too weird. For example if a rage with 90-100 points in rage tree changes to war he would be able to wear heavy armor or wield a shield while still retaining the devastating aggressive rage skills, perhaps making him too strong.
    Chaning the skill tree isnt needed, idd say you lose all your trained skills and need to restart all over again respec style.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarion199 View Post
    Although during the respec I humbly feel we should have allowed to change the specialty. Now the attributes can push the skill effects beyond normal skill limits. If attribute were not that important then HOL slaves would have no significance.

For example the rage tree now has many skills requiring strength+size+chi. I have a few rages with size in 50s and I had purchased them solely based on their basic strength+chi. Now I suppose even with solid fight strategies they are still going to stay relatively less competitive than they could have been. I am also finding it difficult to train these skills because of now-low strength+size+chi combination. I suppose if the skills selected and slave attributes are in proper unison, they supplement each other so much that a common fight strategy may also work with them.

Yesterday Blind Bandit won the pit fight in first place, 60-0-10, with just one and unchaged fight strategy.
    I run a 47 size rage, he's ranked 23rd at this moment, after respec he's only been doing better and better and his winrate is rising to the point that i might be able to retire him in a month or so for a HOL slave.
    STR and CHI are easilly stacked with the right light armour so bad starting attributes can be changed with these. also while attributes do influence the skills slightly the effect it has doesn't have an BAM IN YOUR FACE effect unless you only focus on 2 or 3 attributes and train your skills around those which means your skills will work together using the same stats. (which is something I highly recommend)
    The skills have a base value, having a 10 in the skill still means it's awesome, having attributes that go well with it only increases it's awesomeness.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    I run a 47 size rage, he's ranked 23rd at this moment, after respec he's only been doing better and better
    Guess what if he had size 100

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    First of all, try to search in the slave market for a better glad, 56 size didn't really cut it for war gladiators before and with the new weight changes even less.
    Some attributes sometimes matter more than the others.. depending upon race, speciality and the like.

Blind Bandit is a two-handed dunder with mediocre presence. Guess what..she is ready to be hit first and she will fight to death. As such presence doesn't matter much to her. She would be happy if 20-30 of her presence goes to her size and I promise she will fight even better.

Arthas is level 50 my oldest junk war glad I had retained as old memories; and after respec got 50 skill only. But in pit fights he has beaten siam, solstice, almighty power, prey etc (of course he also gets beaten but he is too incomplete yet). Guess what he may do when he will have 100 skills. I just want him as an experiment but he will be happy if say 30 of his chi goes to his size..and when he learns Death from Above...

- I do not say attributes matter greatly; but they do.
    - In pit fights when glads fight with grey weapons, base attributes and their combinations make a greater difference.
    - Why do some of us say they want to unlearn skills now? Why not just adjust fight strategy and make up for the losses..
    - Why do some people say their HOL slave is going to be a trug or so? Because race does matter. To a little extent maybe, but it does.
    - Why were race bonuses for elaar and trug changed even if they don't really make a huge difference? Trugs, for example, could have retained low stamina penalty anyway. Stamina can easily be stacked using gear.
    - Why were slashing/ bashing/ lunging given slight edge over a particular armor type? To make a difference.
    - Why do newbies ask what speciality a promising slave for sale in the market should have; and the experienced ones advise them of a particular speciality and weapon selection? Because speciality and weapon selection based on their attribute matters.
    - Why do some people say they were able to beat HOL slaves? Because fight strategy matters.
    - Why do some glads dominate blood games so well? Because achievement slots too matter. Remove them and tell how they performed.
    - Why do some people want the blacksmith to be improved; or spend hundreds of trophies to see just one right gear? Because gear selection matters.

This is a great game in which so many things matter.. just in bits individually but together they may give rise to a great build. Everything is linked to each other so well that few seemingly trivial things here and there can collectively make a difference between gladiators as 'good' and 'great'.

As such I feel we should have control over everything that matters.

Regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-18-2013 at 01:01 AM.

I'm struggling trying to make up or down out of this new update, I may even have to walk away from the game for a while and take a break. Glads with knives are hitting 4 times harder than my 2Hders, my speed glads are getting out swung by 2Hnders, and it seems the more i mess with the strats and such...the worse they seem to do. I'm not having good luck so far with this
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

of course i didn't build my glads exactly the way i wanted to yet either, so nothing is set in stone at the moment. But boy the game has a totally different feel, and it seems a real challenge my lie ahead for some of us....At least i see others having the same issues, and it's not just me... The new engine is still very young so i'll shut up and keep trying...good luck to everyone.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Aspiring Master
    It seems size is the most important stat for war glads, even with 70% medium equipment my war passes out too much and isnt war supposed to wear full heavy ? before the update that was possible but now I need 80+ size and 70% stamina to atleast wear 2-3 heavy pieces ... and my rage glad struggles with exhaustion even with 2-5 activity and bloodlust :sigh: what is the meaning of rage with low bloodlust ? I have 4 glads and 2 of them are completely useless because of their stats are wrong for their specialty's, rage have high str and int, war haves high str and very low int ... and thats why they dont activate skills and they can only be used as punch bags now

Hang in there 7Cs, we're all going through the same learning curve. I've got a decent handle on rage glads at this point, but I think I've just about eked out every ounce of ability for 'ol Thunder Lips at this point. She's my starting gladiator and has the starting stats to prove it!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

isnt war supposed to wear full heavy ?
    No. They have the ability to wear heavy armor, it's not a requirement. I'm seeing quite a few war glads wearing light and medium now and I think that is actually a good thing as it opens up even more builds running around.

now I need 80+ size and 70% stamina to atleast wear 2-3 heavy pieces
    Doubtful, but more size and stamina won't hurt. It's pretty obvious at this point that if you truly want to be a hulking beast in a tin can that honor will be reserved for only the biggest and strongest war glads and I think this is a good thing as it makes it a specific build type instead of all war glads being it. They'll also suffer the consequences for their decision to walk around in a trash can!

and my rage glad struggles with exhaustion even with 2-5 activity and bloodlust :sigh: what is the meaning of rage with low bloodlust ?
    Are you trying to berserk all the time? Stop. Start using bash and kill shot more often. Use your triggers to be smart about when you switch, don't stay in berserk the entire fight. What's the use of a low blood lust? It's useful because you won't use as much endurance and pass out, it's useful because it will help you be more accurate with your hits. Again, just like the hulking tin can war build, if you want a screaming rage who fights constantly in a blind frenzy then you'll need to build one with that in mind and it will require top stats to pull it off. Again, this is a good thing. Now instead of one type of rage gladiator we'll have many types.

I have 4 glads and 2 of them are completely useless because of their stats are wrong for their specialty's, rage have high str and int, war haves high str and very low int ... and thats why they dont activate skills and they can only be used as punch bags now
    I doubt they are completely useless, you need to start finding what works for your gladiators instead of trying to force old habits onto them. It's not going to happen right away, it's going to take some time and you'll rack up some losses along the way, just like everyone else. Trust me, I feel your pain, but I think if you start trying to enjoy the learning process instead of fuming about it, you'll have a lot more fun.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 01-18-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris