Thread: Music Thread

Music Thread

What are the musical fancies of my fellow managers? Do you listen to pop like a lemming, or do you listen to blues like a relaxed old man? Are you someone who is of more refined taste and listen to classical or jazz? Are you one who likes to party to some rock or metal? Or you prefer something heavier and listen to death metal? Are you munching pills faster than Pac Man and more of a techno/trance kinda person? Or do you just go full retard and listen to dubstep?

---

I myself am a fairly large fan of melodic death metal because it's nice and heavy but as the name suggests, also has some lovely melodies that I can just lose myself into. Insomnium is my fav band, and an awesome example of the genre IMO. Shoutouts also go to Be'lakor, Before the Dawn, Dawn of Solace and Mors Principum Est. Those are the bands I'm listening to ATM anyway. Links take you to what I think is a good example of each band's stuff.

Oh, I also like late 90's/early 00's trance but it's so hard finding stuff remotely like it these days that I've given up
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-08-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I mainly listen to Death Metal and Folk Metal. Favourite bands are Amon Amarth, Tyr, Behemoth, Keep of Kalessin, Ex Deo and Ensiferum.

I also like a lot of local bands, since Romania has a decent metal scene, I listen to things like Bucovina, Loudrage and Syn Ze Sase Tri(I apreciate Black Metal as well).

I've always liked music threads :P

Woo Viking Metal! I listened to Amon Amarth almost exclusively for 2009.

This year has been Insomnium with a splash of Fleshgod Apocalypse because their drummer is a GOD, and also because they have orchestrals. I need more music with that kinda stuff.

edit: I think Keep of Kalessin and Ex Deo will be added to my playlists... much winning there. Chorus for "I, Caligvla" sounds awesome!
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

wow i havent heard of any of those bands, but i have heard of Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, The eagles, the Beatles...Stone temple pilots, sound garden, and anything by Deep Purple...And Deep Purple has the coolest 70's rock song next to Stairway to heaven, Smoke on the water, the wall, Free Bird (and a bunch of others) called Demon's Eye from their FireBall Album, as a matter of fact, I will make Demon's Eye my stables Anthem. Groovy!
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I have a buddy that is all about the Death Metal, but it's a bit to intense for my taste. I'm a bit more widespread in my flavor of music. I like classical at times..turn it up loud and it is pretty deep if you give it a chance.
    But day to day I'm tuning to Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Alice in Chains, Tool, Godsmack, Soundgarden, Black Label Soc., Van Halen (there newest album was pretty damn good). Of course the classic rock bands of Zepplin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Journey among others are always not to far away on the playlist.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Well you can pretty much put me in the same category as Kaos. I grew up listening to Elton John, Pink Floyd, Genesis, etc.... I mainly listened to Pantera in high school and still sneak some in when the wifey and kiddos are not around. My all time favorite concert that I attended was when the Sanitarium tour (Metallica) came to town with Linkin Park, or when Metallica came to town and played with Godsmack. My wife being from Mexico loves her cumbias and especially her Tejano music (that girl could not get enough of Emilio, even after he crashed his bus) So all in all I listen to just about everything, except hardcore rap. Could never get into that, ironic thing is that an old high school teammate of mine is now a rap music producer and promoter. And I try to help get the word out for him from time to time here in Houston.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

I am a Metalhead too, with a taste most for Heavy Metal and Gothic Metal...

My favorite bands are Savatage, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Evanescence and Within Temptation.

I also have a old fondness for classic Hard Rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and AC/DC...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Grew up listening to pretty much anything that came by on the radio of my fathers car which had a fairly wide range of pop, rock, rap, trance and metal. at some point i switched more to the rock and metal side increasing the heavyness of the sound as months flew by ending up with trash metal that now that I think back was actually just that, Trash.

Now im into anything Japanese, J-pop, J-rock, J-rap, J-metal and any of those annoyingly hyperactive japanese song that tend to spawn from anime each season along with tons and tons of Nightcore.

My stables current anthem would be Whisper Of Hell with Laharl having his own theme song
    Last edited by Prinny; 01-10-2013 at 03:44 AM.

My stable's anthem would be : SAVATAGE "Hall of the Mountain King"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdGD3Ukb3Q0
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

I generally prefer metal, including Death and Thrash metal.