Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Axe is not an axe

Just unlocked my armoury 3/6 and got a new 2H weapon - Great Axe. But when I went into battle, I didn't have an axe, I had some kind of flail, which was just silly, because my style was chosen as Slash.

So yeah, what the actual fuck?

Gonna test it out again, in case this is not a constant bug.

Nope, apparently was a one time thing.

Are you fighting in the black market pit fights? If so click on the question mark and you'll see why you didn't have an axe. You probably didn't have all the same armor either.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

That son of a bitch! How does anyone even get to 50-0 with random weps, that just don't go with their fighting style?

Since you are running a 2H glad you'll want to set their style to bash for now while fighting in the pit fights. All 2H weapons can bash, even a great sword. Think of it like swinging a huge 6' long metal baseball bat that happens to have an edge on it. After your glad levels up more he'll unlock some new fighting styles like berserk and kill shot that work with all weapon types and you don't have to worry as much.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 12-24-2012 at 09:04 AM.

So wait, are you saying that I won't get a penalty for bashing with a 2H sword or are you saying that the penalty is so small, I shouldn't even bother at such a low level?

I'm saying 2H swords can bash. If you raise a giant sword over your head and swing it down you are really bashing with it, not slashing. A slash is trying to run as much of the blade across something whereas a bash is just trying to smash into something with as much speed and strength resulting in a crunch. Things are a lot deeper than that but for now that should get you moving in the right direction.

Even if you raise a 2H sword over your head, I'd see it as slashing, as you could just slash whatever tissue you're aiming at into two pieces, rather than bashing, which would end up in you smushing whatever you're hitting. Maybe if you turn your sword weirdly sideways. Or not, just the way I see it, I guess if you got your facts from a dictionary, then there's no point in arguing with that.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

if you bash with a great sword, think of it as trying to cleave your opponent. there is no slashing action to it but it will still get results.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!