Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All 2H weapons can bash, even a great sword.
    this is not true, 2h swords slash or lunge, bash is unorthodox.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

this is not true, 2h swords slash or lunge, bash is unorthodox.
    I guarantee you can bash with a 2H sword. Ever swung a baseball bat or chopped wood with an axe? Now imagine doing the same thing with a 2H sword. That would be a bashing motion. The fact there is a blade on the weapon might mean it will cut the object being hit but it is still a bashing motion. Now imagine cutting a steak with a knife, that would be slashing, much of your momentum is going perpendicular to the object in this case the steak instead of into to the target like a bash. I won't argue the point though, instead I'll direct you here.

http://xkcd.com/386/
    Last edited by Dainoji; 12-25-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

im sure if you get your hands on a 2h sword you could bash with it, in game though if you give one of your gladiators a 2h sword and tell him to bash with it the crowd will laugh at your glad as he uses his weapon in an unorthodox manner.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    im sure if you get your hands on a 2h sword you could bash with it, in game though if you give one of your gladiators a 2h sword and tell him to bash with it the crowd will laugh at your glad as he uses his weapon in an unorthodox manner.
    Nate! Fix this!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I guess the option to Chop would fit nicely, then.

This is what I found:

Bash

Lunge
    Slash

Crush
    Smash

It seems bash is a blow intended for deformation/ crushing into pieces; while slashing cuts in a 'sweeping stroke' and lunging 'pierces' using a forward strike. As such, bashing with a sword seems inappropriate imo.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 12-25-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    It's true that a 2H sword works better when slashing, but bash still lets it work well enough.

For the purposes of pit fights where you get a random weapon and dont have zerk, i'd be running bash as my strat
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Yes, use bash for random 2h weapon, but use slash when you have a 2h sword equipped.