Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Race Balance & Tweaks

Along with the new skill trees a balancing pass on the races has also taken place which will be part of the same update as the skill trees. Please see below for the more notable changes:

Elaar
    Ancient and wise, the Elaarans have long been feared for there supernatural reputation as the first children of the Blood Gods. Extremely agile and deft with years of experience protecting their lands has helped see more than one Elaaran sit atop the champion's throne!
    Bonus: Armour Penetration
    Bonus: Crit Effects Resistance
    Penalty: Less Health

Trug
    More monster than anything else, Trugs are vile, cruel creatures with no value for life. Extremely lazy and ill-tempered, were it not for their ability to crush all that stands in their way most Stable Masters wouldn't deal with them. Habits like eating their vanquished opponents or dismembering them only to throw the pieces into the crowd as prizes has made them one of the most talked about gladiators in the arena.
    Bonus: Bleeding Resistance
    Bonus: Extra Health
    Penalty: Slow Initiative

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

No changes for the stun machine Spites (extra critical effects)?

I think that everyone in the top 25 of the game will tell you they are the most overpowered race right now. Especially with Rage and Theatrics gladiator loosing access to iron jaw IF you want to have the Teir 5 talent on your gladiator.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 12-19-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Interesting changes, now Elaars may start to be worth playing especially to counter tank war spites...

Btw, I agree with Cyn that Spites need a nerf too, it's not by accident that they are now the race with the most members in the Top 10 of Primus, ahead of Trugs...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Considering none of us have played the post update skill tree yet. I'd say its a little earlier to be calling for a nerf. And considering most of the builds that inhabit the top 10 will be gone soon I'd like to add that it is of little concern whats happening now and to start looking towards the future.

Also. Since Trug is getting slow initiative is Dunder going to get Less Endurance?
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

Okay Nate we are ready for the next teaser!!!! Can I get an AMEN on this!!!
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

AMEN!!!...

Amen! Would love some clarification on whether Dunders get the Endurance penalty now too..

Quote Originally Posted by riggen View Post
    Amen! Would love some clarification on whether Dunders get the Endurance penalty now too..
    I think Nate would have mentioned it. I think the reason for the change in Trugs, is the shorter rounds (that are part of the future update) which would mean that Trugs would burn thorough their endurance at a relatively faster pace and make the race impossible to play...just a guess.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

Shorter rounds... I guess I missed that. What is the summary on that?
    Jagged Rock STABLE
    Current Glads: Aeon Flux, Beatrix Kiddo, Tom Thumb, and Dinky Dawson
    Retired: Tank Girl, Lockerhead

I guess that's supposed to be part of the combat engine changes. I hope our great Overlord will tell us more about this soon