Common Knowledge?

It is common knowledge that trains across disciplines are more difficult than trains in your selected focus?

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'm seeing something like 20% harder.

I have not really noticed, but I believe they pretty much work off your attributes. I have a War gladiator that soaks up Rage skills like a sponge due to his high strength which are the #1 attribute for most rage skills.

Aspiring Master
    You are correct Arkham. My group has noticed this fact:

Training in a skill that has the exact same attribute requirements but is in your selected school and the other is outside, the outside skill will be harder to train by a small amount.

Just something to keep in mind and if you do play to have a cross disciple gladiator it will really behoove you to have a very smart one (I have a friend experimenting with this).
    Last edited by Jaradakar; 02-10-2011 at 05:29 PM.

My group has noticed this fact
    I would love to know what faction of managers are brainstorming together. Just out of curiosity.

Aspiring Master
    All of my real life friends who started playing the game ;-) We have an email thread that is fairly active :-)

I've got 4 of my old high school friends to start playing as well as a couple of my old role playing friends, in total there are 9 of us. Some are much more casual than others (trying hard not to spend money, while others don't mind spending a little).

I haven't noticed other skills trees being harder to train, just harder when the attributes are different. If you guys are seeing actual evidence of this I wonder then if there is some kind of hidden attribute that gladiators have that affects this...

Aspiring Master
    Shadow is trying for level 5 in Create Distance (War tree...his native tree). He has a 97.5% chance (Strength and Intellect modifiers). He is also trying for level 4 in Brute Force (Rage tree...non-native), and has a 97.5% chance as well, with the only modifier difference being Size for Brute Force.

It does appear that attempting a skill outside of your native skill tree suffers a small penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I haven't noticed other skills trees being harder to train, just harder when the attributes are different. If you guys are seeing actual evidence of this I wonder then if there is some kind of hidden attribute that gladiators have that affects this...
    Abomination is learning Barreling Attack (Rage, strength, Int, Size). He is 80% through rank 4, and has a 47.7%.
    Abomination is rank 5 at create distance (War, Strength, Int). He is 0% through. He has a 65.8% chance to train.
    Abomination is a pretty large warrior. Size would be his highest attribute. I doubt it affects his skill raise much.

I give this for science As you see, there is a near 20% difference between the 2. Abom isn't the sharpest tack.