Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New Skill Trees Sneak Peek Part IV

RAGE (Tier 4)

Crippling Might
    Activated (Offensive)
    Requires Rage specialization.
    Requires 55 trains in Rage skills.
    Terrifying strike that crushes anything in its path with the chance of preventing defensive skills from activating for the current attack.

Heavy Scarring
    Passive
    The barbarians of the Great Realm inflict beastly scars on themselves after each victory transforming their bodies into a living story and warning to any who would challenge them. With skin tougher than leather many a blade is met with failure.

Annihilate
    Passive

Sending bones and brains flying in all directions is what the crowd desires and with each hit delivering extra damage to any gladiators using the tank or parry fighting styles your gladiator will fill their cup to overflowing!

War (Tier 4)

Intercepting Guard
    Passive
    Requires War specialization.
    Requires 55 trains in War skills.
    A defensive guard that helps to reduce the damage received while tanking or using a parry fighting style. Gladiators fighting with a shield will enjoy a much greater reduction to the damage they receive.

Light as a Feather

Passive
    After hundreds of battles your gladiator has learned how to better handle the weight of armour and weapons allowing them to be less encumbered which offers numerous benefits on the sands such as increasing their initiative and the ability to get up off the ground quicker to name a few.

Create Distance
    Activated (Defensive)
    A defensive move that stops the oncoming attack and has a chance of knocking the opponent far enough back that they lose an addition attack making up the lost ground.

Theatrics (Tier 4)

Knockout
    Passive
    Requires Theatrics specialization.
    Requires 55 trains in Theatrics skills.
    Every crowd loves a knockout and every hit your gladiator delivers to their opponent's head has a chance to do just that. In addition opponents wearing no helm or a lightly armoured helm are at risk of being dazed by each hit to the head leaving them unable to attack until they get their bearings again.

Overwhelming Presence
    Passive
    Stories of your gladiator's legendary prowess on the sands have reached every corner of the Great Realm causing all opponents to second guess themselves reducing their initiative.

Surprise Ending
    Activated (Defensive)
    In an amazing display of skill your gladiator will redirect the oncoming strike and possibly any skill effects back to the attacker. Surprise!

Looks like I was right :P
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Interesting. So this basically means the War tree is nothing but defense, mixed feelings about that...

Also, which has a greater effect, Intercepting Guard or Annihilate?
    Stable: Ophidium
    Current Glads: Gaiserik, , Cevir, Reginleif, Whitefangzed, Hyunmi
    Retired Glads: Kolodis (1009-806-42), Lodis (965-624-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Kolodis View Post
    Also, which has a greater effect, Intercepting Guard or Annihilate?
    I'd think if the two glads had 10 in each they would balance out and and it would be like each glad had 0 in the skill. Now if one or the other doesnt have it wow nice effects.

My question is can activated attacks stack, like can crippling might and rampage happen on the same attack, cause rampage is what i would want the crippling might effect on as a rage.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 11-28-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Interesting. So this basically means the War tree is nothing but defense, mixed feelings about that...
    Not really the case at all:

Battle Hardened - increases chance to hit
    Master of Arms - allows the use of almost all weapons greatly expanding your offensive versatility
    Death From Above - extra damage to downed opponents
    War Cry - Stun or prevent the opponent from defending
    Light as a Feather - decreases the penalty to your initiative from armour which is quite helpful offensively.

If you would like even more firepower you can dip into the Rage or Theatrics tree.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Boy oh boy, it's really going to be a totally new game isn't it? At first i thought the new skill tree would be minor update and balancing (I catch on slow i guess), but wow we're really going to have totally different battles now, and the old tried and true might not work anymore!
    I know this was talked about once, but how is this new skill tree gonna work as far as Olympians are concerned...do they get to pick their skills and go straight to lvl 10?
    Last edited by sevenseas; 11-29-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Nate has spoken of that in the chat a few times Sevenseas, this is my understanding of how it will work:

You'll log in that day and each gladiator will have the "average" amount of training points that it takes to get the skills you previously had based on your stats/previously learned skills (so if you have horrible stats and ten skills at rank 10, you would get a HUGE amount of points, where as someone with twenty skills at rank 5 would get much less). These "refunded" points will NOT reset at the end of the day like normal points, so if you're not available on respec day that's fine, they will be there next time you log on.

All your previous skills except the weapon skill you have will be gone, refunded into the above "refunded" points, Nate said he is considering a button to refund your weapon skill for those that would like to do so. The reason for leaving the weapon skill is so your glads are not defenseless if someone attacks them before your re-spend your points.

There will be a new button "Try till success" that you can toggle on and off, this will let you train whole points in one click of the mouse.

If you use the "Try till success" button you would then be clicking a max of 100 times on skills to relearn them if you previously had that many skills trained, less clicks if you had less trained skills. Of course since the refund was for the "average" amount of training points and since the new skills might use different stats it is possible that you roll good and have left over points, but at the same time you might roll badly and end up not having the same amount of trained skills at the end. Then you'd have to finish training up like normal.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Why didn't I see this before I picked a new slave, I could've planned a bit better or taken another slave...oh well.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 11-29-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Yeah I'm in the dunce corner too...i just paid to unlearn a bunch a skills on my guys

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Wait....Nate how about enough skill points for 11-12 skills and the chance to unlearn 1-2 skills after the switch??....For us poor schmucks that paid good money to unlearn skills and might choose poorly again...you know...