Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parry Styles

Aspiring Master
    It's also possible that you're stunning someone who is insanely fast, for example one of my gladiators w/gear has 97 agility. He attacks a lot and I suspect if he's stunned (he has a few ranks in Iron Jaw) his attacks go down, but he's still stupid fast.

Aspiring Master
    O' and one last tid bit to Counter Attack -- I think it really really helps if your weapon skill is higher. Too low or if your opponent has higher than I think it's much harder to pull the fighting style off.

Speaking of which, anyone see a cap on stats? Do they break 100?

(I'm enjoying the discourse, BTW. Thank you all for adding to the conversation!)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
    Speaking of which, anyone see a cap on stats? Do they break 100?

(I'm enjoying the discourse, BTW. Thank you all for adding to the conversation!)
    Yes, you can eclipse 100, a few are already doing it in certian stats.

Aspiring Master
    Yeah, I thought 100 was the cap, but there are a few blokes in my roommates stables who have broken that ceiling.

As far as Stun goes, though, I did notice starting this morning that my stunned opponents did get far fewer hits this time around. So, it's likely I just had a very, very, very long run of bad luck.

I'm still bitter about the Disarm thing, though.....

I'm still bitter about the Disarm thing, though...
    Join the group....I'm bitter about the whole Theatrical fighter being at a disadvantage from these hulking beasts that carry mega slow weapons and can swing them faster then General Grievous on coke.
    Not often can you beat a rage to the punch.

Training Dummy
    I only have one theatrical guy and I do trigger counter with high activity when the other guy attacks more. I was just took a look at my last three fights and it seems to be working better for my guy than a lot of you seem to be talking about. I may even try it more now that you all made me take a closer look at it. It looks to be a more of a defensive style than I had thought. Is this what you all are seeing as well? When do you all try counter?

I find Counter world much better the Parry. I have tried numerous times but just can't seem to find the sweetspot for parry. It seems more of a deathwish then a help. Any gladiator with a big weapon just crushes through it.

If someone has any success with it, I'd love to know how. Parry has got me stumped.

As for Counter, it works well vs all different types of tactics but does seem to have a prblem in countering immediatley following an opponents strike. It sees it stacks up, so if your opponent throws 2,3 or 4 in a row, you counter with 2, 3 or 4 in a row afterwards. I think it should be a more 1 for 1 tactic