Question about training weapon skills

Hello all

I recently started and I'm liking Pit of War a lot!

I have found that some of the most effective early trains are for Weapon Skills and reading on the forums most suggest training Weapon Skill up to 10 ASAP.

Around level 5 or 6 my chance to train reaches about 50% and I lose a lot of points.

I could be putting those points into other skills that are still only level 1 or 2 or attributes.

Up to what point should weapon skills be pumped despite losing points when the points could be used elsewhere?

Thanks for any advice

Welcome to the game!

Don't think of them as lost points, as everyone else is in the same boat. 50% is still great, wait until you get to 9.9 and you are trying for that last train to get to 10 at 4%!

Most vets recommend you get your weapon skill up to 10 asap, but if you are getting impatient or bored I think you can start other skills once you get to 7 or 8, but I wouldn't stop sooner than that. For attributes, you can often modify those with items, so they are often one of the last things I end up training. Other managers might have a different plan though.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

With your first gladiator getting your weapon skill to lvl 8 is fine. that way you can experiment with other skills and strategies, and get a feel for the game. If you're then making a new gladiator with great stats and have your eyes on a great build and w/l ratio, getting your weapon skill to 10 ASAP is the way to go.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Alright thanks for the quick replies it's appreciated

Fresh Meat
    thx for advice

I was looking for this information.

Thanks for making the guides. Not having to lose a million times while I figure out the basics, makes this game considerably more fun.