Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From Sweden, but moved to Los Angeles about 15 years ago. Studied film/video in Chicago which is the field I work in. Mostly do jobs as camera operator, but also shoot smaller features films. It's a freelance business so there is a certain lack of security...no 12 years on the job for me. I travel a bunch which used to be fun, but I have two awesome kids, girl 10 and a boy 6 ( who scored his first goal in his soccer league today...and that is more exciting, believe it or not, than getting a monster HoL slave) who I like to say goodnight to every night.

For fun I play street hockey with a bunch of swedes and much like Crow, I spend as much time with my kids as possible. The good thing about my job is that I get chunks of time where I'm unemployed and can be a dad full time to make up for the time that I spend on the road.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

Damn crow...congratulations, i think you have the perfect life...fun, fun...career...fun...kids fun...punch a guy in the balls...fun...sleep...wake up...start over.
    I've always wanted to be a pro, semi-pro fighter but it didn't work out for me...just didn't get there somehow. It's in my bones tho. Now i work, I'm Dad, and a husband. And being 31 years old and a smoker it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me to start training seriously...maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this game.
    Any ways...do we have any other musicians in the gang? I was thinking of writing a tune....an anthem of the arena...a battle cry! I'll see if i can come up with something some time and post it.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Didn't see your post when i typed my last one, HipsterD....I hate your glads too
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Guess that's the way it should be. Thank you.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

Mechanical Engineer and Building Assessor. I look at buildings one day and then sit at home for the next day and write reports about them. Costs for the next 12 years, that kind of thing. Large commercial like malls, large apartment complexes, resorts, etc... Georgia USA. Wife, 3 dogs, 1 kid in college.

By the way - for those interested, my avatar is actually Balsac (guitarist for the real band- GWAR).

Cheers
    Jagged Rock STABLE
    Current Glads: Aeon Flux, Beatrix Kiddo, Tom Thumb, and Dinky Dawson
    Retired: Tank Girl, Lockerhead

Nate: Hello, My name is Nate.

Everyone: Hi Nate.

Nate: And I'm a game programmer and entrepreneur...I tried to quit on my own but I just couldn't...something kept gnawing at me from the inside everytime I tried to walk away I... *sniff* *sniff*

Helpful Man: It's ok man, we've all been there, take a moment.

Nate: *sniff* whew...this is harder than I thought...as I was saying I tried to quit but everytime I would sit down at my computer it was like I couldn't help myself, I'd try to just surf the net or waste time on facebook, I mean I even tried reading Fox news...but next thing I'd know I'd wake up with drool on my desk, look at the clock and see hours had passed and 1000 of lines of code had been written. I can't even remember doing it. That's when my friends had an intervention and suggested I come here.

[many people offer their words of encouragment and support]

Helpful Man: You're with friends now, we'll help you. We've all been there. What game were you making that kept calling you back?

Nate: It's called Pit of War, where you forge slaves into gladiators, gladiators into gods...gods who call you Master!

Everyone: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Helpful Man: Wow that sounds like an awesome game, is it online right now?

Nate: Yes...

Helpful Man: I can crush my enemies?

Nate: Yes, but...

Helpful Man: See them driven before me?

Nate: Uh...yes, but...oh no, please don't *sniff*

Helpful Man: And hear the lamentations of their women?

[Nate falls back into his seat]

Nate: ...it really is what is best in life isn't it?

Everyone: YES!

Helpful Man 2: What the hell are you doing here? I've got a level 50 waiting on the new skill trees and WTF is up with Conquests?

Helpful Man 1: Conquests? That sounds awesome, almost like I can take my ass kicking across the world to anyone who might stand in my way!

Helpful Man 2: Yeah, you should see the Great Realm, the place is brutal!

Helpful Man 1: Oh man, I can't wait to give this game a try.

[Everyone looks at Nate and grins. Before Nate can react...]

Helpful Man 2: Quick! Everyone get this man a computer, someone order a Pizza, you there in the blue shirt bring in the caffine IV drip, and you by the door....Lock it!

Ahhnold is pleased by your participation Nate
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Hey All,

I live in Canada, am 35 years old, have been married to an American girl for almost 3 years, and have an 8 year old son. We also have 3 dogs - a spaniel, a chi-poo, and a coonhound.
    I'm a chemical engineer and have been in the cement industry for about 12 years. I started as the lab chief and then moved into process engineering - commissioning a new milling line and kiln cooler and burner system, and also taking over the environmental responsibilities. A few years back I moved over into the service side - essentially a travelling engineer "on loan" to help customers out with concrete mix designs, troubleshooting, QC/QA, specifications, etc.
    I've grown up with video games, but have never been a hardcore gamer. I also enjoy running, chess, hiking, and swimming - most of those with my family of course!

The only place where the sun rises with three stars.
    Hi. I'm new to PoW. I'm from Philippines, a full-time student, and a full time lover.

Please do add me in game. Nice meeting you all.

im new, i have one stable with two gladiators, been playing since about 2 hours ago, pretty cool game