Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I too think normal slaves can compete with HOL slaves if the former ones have got well-planned skills. Just that the skills should not be made visible to anyone in the scouting report otherwise if proven successful and then got copied by HOL slaves, the normal slaves may not have any strategic advantage anymore. At least after implementing the new skill tree the game should prevent anyone from viewing any slave's skillset, which would keep the normal slaves on an competitive edge.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 10-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Not being able to view their skillset would make scouting fairly useless...

True.. perhaps scouting won't even be required. We can anyway see slave stats and weapon stats after a fight. We may not want to exploit someone's genius skill planning which would be the only secret weapon for the normal slaves.

I think that Lunarion has a point, skillset should not be visible in scouting...

It's too easy to copy a successful glad when you can see his full skill tree and the game would be even more challenging if you had to find the most efficient skill selection by yourself !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

I agree it would make the game more interesting if you had to figure out what they where using rather then just spending 1 trophie and looking and seeing.

The only way to know if this will really be a problem or not - is time.

I really do not understand all of the arguments that "you can get 1500 fights and 55% wins without fighting in Primus"

There is not a single glad in the top 50 of Maximus that has stats that would get HOL slaves.

I'm not bent out shape about it. It is just a suggestion. Something that I think the "Game Gods" should start watching out for. It may not be a problem.

Cheers
    Jagged Rock STABLE
    Current Glads: Aeon Flux, Beatrix Kiddo, Tom Thumb, and Dinky Dawson
    Retired: Tank Girl, Lockerhead

Pay no attention to the HoL gladiators outside Primus, it's bollock - among other things one of the prerequisites for this status is actually being in Primus when you retire a qualified fighter. And yes, this 1500 fights, 55% success rate is pretty unachievable outside Primus, with the only other option being to intentionally lose some fights so you can stay in a lower bracket which on the other hand prolongs the whole exercise because you need to have the minimum efficiency mentioned above to qualify.
    On the other hand, I too don't think that the HoL is locked for new players - it's just a bit harder to get there than before. In about a month the current HoL replacements which are already in Primus will be fully trained (provided that their owners don't spend trophies on training and some of them seem to do that) and will probably "reserve" top 50 for themselves and some of the old dogs which are currently performing well, so your Primus rookies - if they aren't monsters themselves - will have to settle with the bottom of the bracket and try to achieve a HoL status there. Bear in mind that with the HoL introduced the bottom price of a slave which could be turned to at least a mediocre Primus material is no less than 960-970 gold so don't buy anything below that if you intend to compete (save if the stat distribution isn't especially suiting for some specific build).

Maybe the reward of being HoL eligible could be tied to achivement points in addition to to the present requirement? So we have 2 paths to get there. Maybe somewhere around 5500 achivement points?
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I think Oedi's suggestion opens up a nice way for more casual players to get a hold of beefcake glads by just playing the waiting game. I dont mind that TBH. Just come up with another name for them with a theme of distinguished service or something
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

My 2 retired glads only ever made it as high as the rank 40-50s in primus, and spent most of their primus time in rank 50-100. Yet meeting the HoL requirement was never a problem for me.

You don't need to get into primus top 50 or top 20 and compete against ungodly monsters to make it to HoL, that's the point I was trying to make, because that seem to be what some players are worrying about.