Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    it's not necessary to build all of your gladiators with the Primus throne in mind.
    The throne is all i have eyes for
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I think part of why we dont see much innovation in regards to massively different builds is because of the investment costs, specifically time.

Personally, I dont want to make a new glad and have to spend 4 months leveling it up just to see if it will do well. It's too much of a gamble on my time and effort. Add in to that the cost of changing skills/race and it makes it a rather unappealing prospect to me, and (I assume) many other managers.

If at the very least unlearning skills was free, I'd be more willing to try stuff out. As it stands, 110 trophies to totally unlearn a skill sucks balls, especially when you no longer get a trophy a day.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Cynaidh may be right that the build he suggest is the perfect one to counter them, btw I'm curious to know what is Belgarad's win ratio against Toddler & Zeroeleven as he is the only example of this build in the Top 10 of Primus currently : is it just above 50%, closer to 75% or even near 90 % ?
    I feel that he has the advantage on them now that i finished tweaking his skills/weapons/stratagies, i had 2 fight tokens so i challenged them both once and won both, i know that's a trivial number of fights, will use some of tomorrows to get a larger test pool.

A lot of it comes down to stuns, if one of us gets a stun in a round that's normally it, that person will win. If there is no stuns then i feel Belgarad has the advantage currently.

Having the same build all over the place almost kills the fun of fighting in Primus. Yes, Last Stand is superior to any other skill in the game to the point of being completely imblanced, yes, axes/maces are equalizers against heavy armour and easy to master - so if you want to stick to the cookie-cutter, make one gladiator following that template until the game becomes more balanced. Why spam it all around though?

hamstring baby...hamstring. it's a biotch

f at the very least unlearning skills was free, I'd be more willing to try stuff out. As it stands, 110 trophies to totally unlearn a skill sucks balls, especially when you no longer get a trophy a day.

i hear ya on this on...110 is a little steep

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Hamstring is very good but by no means imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Hamstring is very good but by no means imbalanced.
    It is one of the stronger skills in the game.

For me the stronger skills are (in no particular order):
    Signature move: Stun, Last Stand, Barrelling attack (so undervalued), Created Distance, War Cry, Hamstring, Athleticism, GV, heavy scarring

It's part of what makes 2H warriors so good, they can get more of them the any other style.

This Isn't the next post "Is Primus binding up like a rock hard turd?"
    That thread is nonsense, pay it no mind.

Danijoji I think you missed the whole point here, i was merely pointing out the fact that we are seeing a repetitive build pattern with these Warriors coming up in Primus, and wanted people to think about that before we see another 2h HOL warrior 0-11 wannabe... diversity in the gene pool AND... yes most of the glads in primus are equal and the only way to break out of that is to be better than the 5 or six people with all of the experience and top glads.

I never come to this forum being rude (it's not too classy, you know), and I might recommend that rudeness be damned by anyone who cares about the game. People aren't gonna want to pay to lose to the top guys AND be insulted by them.
    Last edited by sevenseas; 10-25-2012 at 01:25 AM.

This thread and the "Mister Oedi finally losing his nerves ?" thread make me laugh. Both were practically started at the same time and this one talks of too many glads of equal footing in Primus, and the other thread talks of large differences in gladiator skill in Primus...er...is everyone playing the same game?

I was gonna let this go....but i feel it necessary to respond now:

The top 10 of primus are definitely a cut above the rest....and the bottom 20 thru say 100 are for the most part equal. Yes...we are playing the same game, except i see people trying to copy-cat top glads to win instead of trying something totally their own and risk losing.