Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    As for the speed theatrics performance in BG - They're not nearly as dominant as they used to be. In fact, there's not a single one in the elite ranks anymore. Those ranks are now dominated by Rages and Wars with nary a Theatrics to be found. Not that I'm complaining - I rather enjoy this new order with the 2H Rages finally becoming as dominant as we all imagine them to be - nothing more satisfying than reading a fight where your brute has just pulverized the opponent for 2000+ damage in a single hit!
    Actually they are performing very well and the only reason you don't see any of them in top 10 is because Sotc decided to swap races and weapons on Arrrrgh... Speed Elaar Theatrics are still very (even too) easy to manage and overrepresented in Blood Gods. We need more Power Theatrics in the bracket to even the odds for sure.

Also, pretty much all speed builds which perform well are Elaars so I'm not talking only about the Theatrics. If something needs balancing in this regard, it's the race rather than the strategy triggers.

I'm inclined to agree with Kreegan and Apoc. I think it would make developing an "all arounder" strat too easy. And yes I've switched up Arrrrrgh to a more fun build; I'm trying to go for max bleed. Still testing a couple equip setups to see what's optimal. (Any suggestions are welcome =) )

My understanding is that Scimitars do the most bleed, followed by cestus
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

The scimitar swings far less often than the cestus though so you won't get so much bleeding per round. Bleeding is also related to armour penetration power so, ironically, Elaars seem to be better in this than Snivlers against Wars.

This whole discussion is not for this topic though.

If you guys think adding triggers for "opponent is using defensive style" and "opponent is using offensive style" would make crafting an all-around strategy too easy, you'll definitely not like my other secret wish - that we could have multiple equipment setups and have our glads select which equipment setup to use in a given fight according to the opponent style and equipment setup.

Anyway, it seems I'm in the minority with the impression that the whole point of strategy pages and triggers was to attempt to craft an all-around strategy that could be effective against whatever opponents we wished to prepare for. To me, it makes sense that there should be an option in the way strategies are designed to be able to counter whatever strategies we expect our opponent might use. Ah well. C'est La Vie! I have another idea of how to approach this anyway
    Last edited by Adoede; 07-13-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    that we could have multiple equipment setups and have our glads select which equipment setup to use in a given fight according to the opponent style and equipment setup.
    Its OK if my gladiator select gear and strategy after your gladiator