Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Triggers

New Triggers

Hey Nate,

What do you think about some new triggers to cover all the affects that happen in combat. We have triggers for being on the ground or stunned and some other combat related affects, however there isn't one for reduced attacks like in the case of hamstring. I don't know off the top of my head what affects are left out, it might just be the reduced attacks as I know we've got triggers for bleeding, stunned, on the ground, disarmed...not sure if that trigger would end up being too powerful or not, but it would certainly open up the defensive glads ability to tank n' spank better.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

yeah i wondered that too, something to go to when hamstrung or under shock and awe, and to deal with strength of the crowd. Maybe it would be too powerful.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I'd really appreciate triggers for "when opp is using 2-hand weapon/1h weapon/dual weapons".

- To add to it, now that we have different races available, there could be triggers like "Opponent is human" or "Opponent is urk".. maybe.

In fact I would request a redesign of trigger system. For example,
    - Start of fight: Activity 5, Aiming torso, Defending torso, Blood Lust 3
    - Opponent is very injured: Activity -1, Blood Lust +2
    - Opponent is War: Defending head
    - Opponent is Trug: Activity +2, Aiming head
    - Opponent is dual wield: Aiming weapon arm
    - I am very tired: Activity -2, Blood lust -2
    So if the opponent is a dual-wielding war trug and very injured, our slave will have Activity 6, Aiming weapon arm, defending head, blood lust 5 and upon being very tired Activity 4, Aiming weapon arm, defending head, blood lust 3.

So instead of the triggers running in If-ElseIf-Else fashion they could run like check condition1-then also condition2-then also condition3 and so on.
    Thus the overall strategy will be cumulative of the individual strategies. In case of non-cumulative strategies like Aiming or Defending, the lowermost set strategy will have the final effect.

Could this perhaps help us strategize better?
    regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 09-22-2012 at 03:05 AM.

lol...i think ya lost me on that last one lunarion especially the
    So instead of the triggers running in If-ElseIf-Else fashion
    part.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

*Raises his cup in agreement*

Triggers for different weapon types and/or armor types would be nice. I can't see anyone using a race specific trigger though except parry against a Trug since they have less stamina

Since today is a day of bringing old threads back from the dead and I mentioned I'd start a new thread on new trigger suggestions, this thread looked like a perfect candidate to have a second chance at life!

If you have any suggestions you'd like to add regarding new triggers, fire away! See what I did there? Yes, I know, I'm very clever... Keep in mind triggers that somehow would simply negate large groups of other triggers or would give unfair advantages probably won't be considered for obvious reasons, however, feel free to add whatever come to your mind if you are so inclined.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

P.S. These new triggers would probably be unlocked once a gladiator got to level 50 or maybe Blood Gods. I guess it depends on the trigger. I don't want to overwhelm newer players.

"Opponent is using (insert type) weapon" will be quite handy.

I have a defense bonus
    opponent has a defense bonus
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Here are some triggers I've always wanted:

Opponent is using a defensive style (parry-x, counterattack, tank)
    Opponent is using an offensive style (lunge, slash, bash, berserk, kill shot)

or more specifically

Opponent is using tank style
    Opponent is using parry style
    Opponent is using counterattack style
    Opponent is using attack style
    Opponent is using berserk style
    Opponent is using kill shot style
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin