Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aspiring Master
    Well, it's obvious that the epics aren't quite as powerful as I had expected them to be, given the results mentioned above. I also like the recent change which divides the fighters up into the different categories, so an 'Amateur' no longer has to worry about going up against a 'Gladiator'. That seems to be a pretty fair mitigating factor, and tends to level the playing field a bit.

I do believe some type of tweaking need to be done. The defense for a total parry is just silly unless your a beserking rager.

Fights like this are just nutty.
    "ULTIMO challenged LORDS FURY and took him to school with a massive beating. — 78 minutes & 15 seconds"

And it's not just because I have lost back to back matches in the same manner.

Even this match that I won is mind boggling.
    "GRIZZLY failed to achieve victory in a match against SPIRITUAL PAIN. — 30 minutes & 35 seconds"

The near invincability of a total parry vs WAR and Theatrical fighters is just way overboard. Somewhere in the strategy needs to be something that can break through a parry.
    And it is becoming increasingly the main forte of the elite warriors outside of a handful.

Without a counterattack the parry is becoming the most widely used tactic.
    7 of the top 14 fights were decided by parry. That half the top fights decided by 1 tactic out of a choices of Bash/lunge/slash/counter/parrysl/parrylu/parryba/counter. And it appears the only tactics that actually truly counter the parry is killshot and beserk on a decent basis. But what about the War and Theatrical fighter. If you don't total parry and try to wear them out your basically done as a war fighter, and if your a theatrical fighter your pretty much out of luck because your not out lasting a total parry no matter what tactic you use and you can't break the defense.

A good defense is a great offense, but thus far parry is becoming to overwhelming and too oft used.

I am sure i am not the only one that is feeling this way.

I'm always keeping my eye on the arena and running simulations between various builds and will make balance changes as needed. The game is still quite new to most people and players are still learning how to beat the various styles and builds and how to run their own. In the Beta all three specialties were viable options and tanks were not overpowering. Some builds take more time to mature or figure out and some are more obvious than others. Rest assured though that if a balance tweak needs to happen it will. I'm already compiling a list of balancing tweaks that I'll make next time I do a balancing pass.

Aspiring Master
    I'm seeing my tank start to lose a LOT at the higher level. After he took the #1 spot he hung out there for a little while and has since lost something like 12 of 13 fights. I do find that in defense vs defense wars it just comes down to who has the higher stamina. Nothing else seems to matter. I don't know how many of you played Duelmasters (Now Duel II) but this phenomenon is common there too and the total parry tank types really fall off hugely once they hit a certain point as other warriors get skilled enough to get past the parries.

Aspiring Master
    I set one of my War glads on Total Parry 1/1 for my battle with Nightmare, and forgot to re-set it after I won the match. Next thing I know, I'm going 171 ROUNDS (!!!!) with a Tavern Ogre!! 28 Minutes of staring at each other until he got bored and ran off....

I do have one of my glads set with the Wall-o-Steel technique, but I try to use him only against the Purple-Clad teams, just to cut into their win-loss records. I don't like the idea of people being able to buy their victories outright...