Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: experiment

Depends a little on what you mean by without spending money. I got fulll stable upgrades and I run memberships, but all that does is to speed up the progress. I dont use auto heal or auto repair, which give a small benefit in regular area and BG. And now that purples can be bought with gold, everyone can have that aswell given time. Only thing that can be bought and give a huge advantage in the game play is a full set of achievements. I run most of my gladiators with only gold achievements and an example of success with only gold achievement is Minde, currently # 9 in Primus using 250hp and 100hp buffs.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Oh...yeah that's what i meant. Lol I'm just trying to figure out how you guys are so consistently successful. Especially after you started this thread, and both you and Prinny showed us that strategies aren't as big of a factor as I thought. So if it's not the grade of the gear your using....it's not how much you spend...it's not attributes....and it's not strategies...it's got to be the build and the hidden attributes of your glad then, right? I'll call it the build and the breed. Does that make sense?
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I can take a mediocre gladiator in the simulator and give him a great strategy and increase his win percentage by a very large margin and conversely I've taken many of the game's champions and given them simplified strategies and seen their legendary image tarnished faster than a high ranking general with a book deal! Depending on who you are fighting, sometimes just changing where you are aiming or defending can make a huge difference! Be careful when you try and boil any system down to a single factor as you'll usually end up with the wrong conclusion.

To answer your question Sevenseas the reason those managers stay at the top is because they wash my car.

Be careful when you try and boil any system down to a single factor as you'll usually end up with the wrong conclusion.
    Breaking a system down to single factors is important, but the crucial thing is to find the order to put things back together.
    You could say that strategy is the most important, because its what wins you close fights in the end game, or the least important because you dont really need one until the end game.

uh....Nate can i wash your car too?

So i guess the answer is manager experience then...damn it's tough to break into the top 30. I tweak and i tweak and i can't really beat any of the top 30 consistently, we'll see if my new builds make a big difference. I have SilverBack, Snot Rocket, and Bigger Buzz mostly unlearned now and am busy building in the new skills i want...I even had Silver back #29 for a minute but that was short lived I'll keep trying and keep asking questions and I'll eventually see the throne a little closer.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

retired today

Strategies are also quite important if your glad is on a strat different to most of your peers, one of the most annoying(or challenging) aspect of tweaking strat is how to make it work for all situations.
    Suject thirty for example is on a set strat everyone knows about and which I can have Nittz beat easily if I tweak his strat towards it, but Nittz still lost to thirty several times because the strat on Nittz is geared towards other faster theatrics and when he meets thirty it suddenly becomes a lot less effective.

Yeah it seem that knowing your opponent is a bigger key than i thought, i'll keep playing around till the change and maybe we'll all be kinda on the same level for a while.