Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 09/03/2012! The Spoils of War!

Greetings Pit Masters! The Great Realm has received another update!

New features and changes in this update:

• Autumn is almost upon us and the Great Realm is celebrating by opening up their war chests and for the month of September SUPER, MASSIVE, HAPPY amounts of extra gold are being awarded everywhere from the Arena to the Pit Fights!

• The Challenge and Avoid system has been upgraded to offer more information when selecting a gladiator.

• If you initiate a challenge and win, the losing gladiator's Master must pay you the "Spoils of War" which is equal to a percentage of all their gold not in the bank.

• Down challenging results in a smaller percentage than up challenging.

• Defending against a challenge protects your gold and earns you extra gold for beating back the challenge!

• There will be a 24 hour grace period before the Spoils of War begins so you'll have time to protect the gold you've accumulated thus far. During this time no spoils of war will be paid and no bonus for defending against a challenge will be rewarded.

• The Bank Custodians are allowing Masters to store their gold deep within their vaults where it will be protected from the Spoils of War. Deposits are subject to a 10% service charge that is taken out of the amount deposited, withdrawals are free. During the grace period the service charge is being waived.

• When one of your gladiators issues a challenge, a 15 minute cool down is set on the challenged gladiator and they can not make that exact same challenge again during the cool down, however another gladiator in your stable can. The cool down is specific to the two gladiators in question. So if A challenges B, A can not challenge B again for 15 minutes however B is free to challenge A, and C could challenge B, etc.

• Top 10 gladiators in each bracket never have a cool down set on them.

• Fixed links showing more banners for the refer-a-friend program

• Lots of little bug fixes

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

It's just been brought to my attention that auto repair and auto heal are looking to pay the blacksmith or temple from gold not in the bank and if you deposit all your gold sometimes you won't have sufficient funds to pay them until you earn more. I'm fixing this so auto repair and auto heal fees will be paid from your bank account balance and if your bank account does not have sufficient gold it will then see if you have enough gold on you (i.e. not in the bank) to pay the fees. I'll let you know when this is live.

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

Would it not be better to pay the blacksmith and temple with gold on you and when you dont have enough gold on you switch to the bank for the gold?
    There is the fee you are looking at for putting gold on your bank account after all aswell, I know im not the only 1 who wouldn't be happy seeing the gold i paid for to be "safe" being used first

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    Would it not be better to pay the blacksmith and temple with gold on you and when you dont have enough gold on you switch to the bank for the gold?
    There is the fee you are looking at for putting gold on your bank account after all aswell, I know im not the only 1 who wouldn't be happy seeing the gold i paid for to be "safe" being used first
    Thanks for your feedback Prinny, I haven't started on this yet so nothing is set in stone.

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

Sweet! Love the update! Can't wait to get me some of those spoils of war! With all this extra gold you'll find me down at one of Jimmy's strip clubs "makin' it rain!"

Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

The grace period for the spoils of war has ended! Go now and challenge and destroy your enemies and take the spoils of war!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Sweet! Love the update! Can't wait to get me some of those spoils of war! With all this extra gold you'll find me down at one of Jimmy's strip clubs "makin' it rain!"
    I wonder if Jimmy the Squid employs Trug strippers...just imagine how strong the pole would need to be to support all that weight!

i just pillaged alot of stable's coffers and then banked my winnings. easiest 200k I've ever made. The extra info in challenge's is very nice i think i fought every other rage gladiator in the top 70 or so
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 09-05-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

I wonder if Jimmy the Squid employs Trug strippers
    Rumors in the Imperial guard stable, says he tried to hire Zeroeleven. Think that was the day before he was hauled away.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Was a little skeptical regarding the whole bank business, but it certainly up-ed the challenge frequency...which I like. Now, if someone could just kick Oedi's pack off the mountain, I'll be happy...seems it's just growing.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.