Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    You guys are funny, you realize you only have to recruit seven people and help them along to level 50 and you'll get the same amount of free trophies as before and help the game in the process. I've already got over 30 recruits and stand to make way more trophies than before, like 5x more and that's just after a few days of trying. And with the decreased prices on things those trophies have a lot more buying power than before. It never ceases to amaze me how people focus on the the perceived negative when huge opportunity is staring them in the face...Anyhow, to each their own I guess.
    The Price reduction to stable upgrades was a long time coming anyway. And yes the RAF program *Potentially* Can earn you some of trophies and is a positive. But as a replacement to a ONE trophy a day exchange it takes away the time vs. money. how about one of your 30 recruits how is he supposed to make it with 0 trophies and no real way to earn them on a *regular* basis. those extra stable slots are pretty far out of reach now. and forget about vault slots. I used to use the daily trophy just to sustain my stable's membership's. now I'm spending 4.99$ a month on them. which Isn't bad and I'm okay with a subscription I'd rather see the pits in a straight subscription format anyway. 10$ a month everyone gets 100 trophies at the end of the month. have some cool booster type things. for an additional 5$ a month get a trophy for each kill. or for 20$ get a trophy for every 5 stable wins. Setting up a revolving door of new players that spend 5-10$ and leave is just bad for everyone.

Hell the only reason I'm still here is that I like to build new unique glads and help the new players and chat with the other vets.

But besides all that I'll stick around anyway and see if i cant do some advertising for the pits and maybe build another cool gladiator .

Also whats the good word on the skill update Nate?
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 08-17-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

I'd like to be able to enjoy the game without being turned into a marketing tool. If I play the game and its fun, I'll show people it. If I can barely play the game without being told that I need to invite people to get anywhere, I'm just going to throw my hands up and unfavorite the website.

It really sucks, because I was super interested in this update when I saw it appear in-game. It was worded to sound like a constant barrage of "AND IT GETS BETTER!". Then you go and look at what actually changed, and see that you just got screwed. Oh, hey, you can get purple items now with gold! Too bad it's impossible to make that much money, just a way to tease you. Oh, hey, you can invite people now, we have a system for it! Oh, yeah, and sorry, we took away your measly 1 trophy/day.

Look, I know you're trying to do your best to run something and be able to profit off it, and that's fine, but this isn't the right way to go. By making these changes, you're charging headlong into becoming the stereotypical "browser based game that tries harder and harder to monetize you before losing its playerbase and ultimately dying". You're not quite there, and you have some really gorgeous artwork and a solid base game, but things aren't looking to bright right now.

Anyway, that's just my take on this. Maybe you guys can prove me dead wrong. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Nex View Post
    Oh, hey, you can get purple items now with gold! Too bad it's impossible to make that much money.
    Actually i bought a purple weapon yesterday with gold, to bad it cost me 30 trophies to see it in the blacksmith though so all in all I lost way more money to it compared to how it was before :P

the case of the protection gold skyrocketing was on 08/15 with 32213 gold, on 08/16 with 23735, and on 08/17 with 22216. can't attach screencaps as i haven't enough posts. true enough, today it's back to the usual 200+ gold, but how do i get my 77+ thousands back? nohow, i guess

also, about the proselytizing, err, recruiting: i, for one, am not an active fora/social networks user, and one of the hugest appeals of the Pit was its setting without the usual alliances/guilds/other promotive social interaction. yes, to some it was important, this opportunity to play for the game's sake.

the case of the protection gold skyrocketing was on 08/15 with 32213 gold, on 08/16 with 23735, and on 08/17 with 22216. can't attach screencaps as i haven't enough posts. true enough, today it's back to the usual 200+ gold, but how do i get my 77+ thousands back? nohow, i guess
    I think you are confusing protection money with what you get from Jimmy's boys when your guards beat them up. Jimmy takes 10% of your gold when his boys come around, it's been like this for as long as I remember. Sometimes your guards beat Jimmy's boys up and take from THEM around 200 or so gold. So the only way Jimmy would be taking 200 gold from you would be if you only had 2000 gold to begin with which clearly isn't the case given the other amounts you have cited.

When you take from Jimmy you get a message like this ALERT: Confiscated Money!
    When Jimmy's boys collect you get a message titled: ALERT: Protection Money!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Training Dummy
    Nate can we have some refer-a-friend banners in sizes 728x90 and 120x60 ?