Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 08/16/2012! Reduced Prices & Refer A Friend Program Now Live!

Refer-a-friend Program
    • The Arena of the Great Realm is an exciting place to be and we want all of our players to share and play with their friends so we have created a referral program to encourage players to get as many friends as possible into the game and reward them for it! As your friends' gladiators progress through the game you'll be awarded with FREE TROPHIES! The more players you recruit the more trophies you can earn!

Blacksmith

• HUGE 15%-50% price drop on all weapons and armour
    • Blacksmith now shows 28 weapons and 28 pieces of armour
    • Cost to cycle weapons or armour before the blacksmith brings out new items at server reset time is 1 trophy
    • Purple items available for GOLD ONLY

Arena
    • Lowered fight token max to 8

General
    • MASSIVE 200%-460% price drop on gladiator stable upgrades
    • Ability to award gladiators FREEDOM
    • Gold exchange replaced with refer-a-friend program
    • Auto-heal, auto-repair and auto-contract price change
    • HUGE discount on memberships

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Training Dummy
    Hmm so once a warrior visits the blacksmith, all the items are locked to that character's level?

I visitied with a lvl 50 char and saw lvlish 50 items, then switched to my ~30 lvl char and the items are all still lvlish 50. So I pay a trophy to reset for each character each day?

Any chance the 'untrain skill' trophy cost will be looked at as well?
    Last edited by johnh10; 08-16-2012 at 06:28 AM.

The stable upgrades being cheaper is a huge plus!

I like all these changes except for the Blacksmith inventory refresh. finding 1 item with the stats you wanted sometimes too over 200-300 refreshes. Needing to spend trophies to refresh your inventory for glads of a different level is going to frustrate people too.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 08-16-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Fresh Meat
    You did not announce the most important change of all. You can no longer buy 1 trophy per day at the Bank. Once everybody has been referred to the game, there will be no more trophies without spending money.

If there is no predictable way to earn trophies inside the game, people will be frustrated and quit. Only people buying trophies will play, and there will be no free players with low skills to pick on.

I don't really see how someone will manage to hoard 500k gold for even one purple item for less than several months, provided that he has a top-level gladiator (one who will really need a purple item) with all the repairs, injuries, achievements and of course Jimmy's associates. Looks like a cosmetic change. The lowered prices for the memberships and the stable facilities/staff benefit only the paying players, without the "one trophy per day" the other people will probably not buy them anyway (i.e. in the their price is largely unchanged, the memberships are even more expensive now). Nothing's really changed in this regard.
    The freedom-granting part could be interesting though.

Nice and all that there are now 28 weapons and 28 pieces of armour but only like 6 of these are purple, the rest are blue, green, white so it's more costly to find those weapons you want now since it costs 1 trophy to reset them~

Not to mention that outof those 6 for a lvl 50 glad they range from lvl 50 to lvl 47 and that when you reset at the blacksmith for a trophy it only counts for either the weapons or the armours, not for both^^
    Last edited by Prinny; 08-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.

without the daily 'gold to trophy' exchange there's not much space left to delevop. referrals aren't likely to yield one a steady income trophy-wise, so it's practically a dead end but for the 'buy' option. which, in turn, makes the game not free.
    gladiators without cash investments were already slower in their progress and losing to the paying members, and now they're even more disadvantaged. no fun to play now when you know you can't possibly win.

First point
    Refer-a-friend Program
    •The Arena of the Great Realm is an exciting place to be and we want all of our players to share and play with their friends so we have created a referral program to encourage players to get as many friends as possible into the game and reward them for it! As your friends' gladiators progress through the game you'll be awarded with FREE TROPHIES! The more players you recruit the more trophies you can earn!

This is pretty cool BUT as a replacement of 1 trophy per day it's not a very adequete replacement. as a program its a great advertisement tool but we should probably not have it as a "Hard" Replacement of 1 trophy a day.

Blacksmith

•HUGE 15%-50% price drop on all weapons and armour
    •Blacksmith now shows 28 weapons and 28 pieces of armour
    •Cost to cycle weapons or armour before the blacksmith brings out new items at server reset time is 1 trophy
    •Purple items available for GOLD ONLY

Cost to cycle is ridiculous. 90% of the time spend trophies and money to BUY weapons and also Spend trophies and money to just look for them?. ive spent alot of time cycleing the the gear. upwards of 1000 times cycleing for for a single piece 10k in gold. this trophy expense is time consuming for the sake of consuming time.

everything else is pretty cool.

Arena
    •Lowered fight token max to 8

Cool

General
    •MASSIVE 200%-460% price drop on gladiator stable upgrades
    •Ability to award gladiators FREEDOM
    •Gold exchange replaced with refer-a-friend program
    •Auto-heal, auto-repair and auto-contract price change
    •HUGE discount on memberships

•Auto-heal, auto-repair and auto-contract price change
    why was this increased? i dont know about anyone else but i only used these when kills still netted trophies as a luxury NOW its silly.

The other changes were a long time coming no surprises here.

Overall alot of changes were made to the BASE of the game. and only time will tell how the vets and new players will like it.

My first impressions are that i'm not going to like this update very much .

also i have 10 fight tokens
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 08-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

You've got to be kidding me.

Is anyone else having a problem with serious lagging?