Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Free Citizen

Kill or be killed

I have noticed that for some reason, some of my glads make excellent killers, and some barely kill anyone. Similarly, some glads seem to never die no matter how badly they get their butts handed to them, whereas some others get killed about every 4th fight they lose. I was wondering if there was any rhyme or reason to it.

It says in the game that presence determines whether the crowd lets you live. I certainly have noticed that my thunderous war glad with presence in the high low 60s, does spend most his life suffering from ressurection sickness. I have a theatric with presence in the low 80s and although he gets whipped regularly, i can't remember the last time he died. I also have a 2 handed rage with presence low 70s, and also 8 points in crowd pleaser (on the way to finishing blow). She also spends her existence suffering from the death hangover, and although killed a fair few rookies, recently she hasn't killed at all.

At the moment it hurts me emotionally more than practically, because they still perform ok with the penalty, but i was thinking for the blood games they are really going to struggle amassing poitns if they die so much and kill so little.

I was wondering is there an element of chance whether you're gladiator is a natural born 'killer' or 'surviver', because it doesn't seem to be purely about stats, or even whether you finish the fight on a big hit.

Cheers.

All glads have a hidden Luck attribute, not sure if it factors into dying or killing but it would make sense that an unlucky glad would die more often than a lucky one. Just a guess, but like most things in this game I don't think the answer is just one thing, but rather a combination of things.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

My guess is presence + luck, after all else are considered.
    With what I've seen of my glads, low presence doesn't only cause more death, but you get less kills also.

Free Citizen
    Yeah presence is starting to become one of my favourite attributes these days. A few extra points in presence can avoid the permenant resurrection sickness, effectively increasing all your stats by 10-25%. Plus you dont get that awful feeling that your glad is never fighting to his potential.

Free Citizen
    Having experimented in the black market with fight styles, i found bloodlust level made a bit of a difference. My lower lvl glads were still on the default 3 activity, 3 bloodlust setting (whoops) so i tried bumping it up to 10, and my 2 handed war suddenly killed 2 guys, previously having a very low record. Similarly my theatric bumped off 2 whereas the previous fights led to no kills. Probs not a big enough experiment to draw solid conclusions but it would make sense.

Enforcer: "the crowd wishes you spare this poor..."
    Bloodlust 10 glad: "too slow!"

With the new lower trophies price at the bank, I would suggest to invest a few $$ in buying the undertaker level 2 for your staff, that will make your life in the arena much more cooler and you will laugh at the face of death forever after !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Free Citizen
    I have considered it, but its so expensive. With 195 trophies i could refresh the slave screen 195 time for that 'perfect' slave! Yes i find gambling on the slave market fiendishly addictive.

Yes i find gambling on the slave market fiendishly addictive.
    Ive maybe spent 50 thropies all together in the slave market, but ive spent thousands of throphies on permanent stable upgrades for my teams.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Free Citizen
    I ended up buying the undertaker. If the money's going towards bringing out the next update quicker then it's towards a good cause!

On a related topic. When was the last time someone earned a trophy from killing someone? After the recent update i noticed i only got one every 3-4 fights or so, but i haven't had any in the last week now. Please tell me the one remaining way of earning trophies hasn't been cut

I've got them in the tavern and arena for kills. Also don't forget your daily trophy at the bank.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris