Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All skills have their use, but picking skills for the wrong reasons or with the wrong setup make them useless.
    Aiming for serious injuries is useful if YOU can create them, and not hope to get lucky and find an opponent injured by someone else. Most glads do not have auto heal, you are simply overestimating how many glads will get seriously injured, and out of that how many are willing to leave their injuries on indefinitely just for you.
    If you can't create any serious injuries yourself, then it's not the skill's fault you can't use it enough.

Called Shot is VERY powerful and even abused to an extent (by the Theatrics who rely on Knockout). Aiming for the same spot every time increases the chance that your gladiator will inflict a serious injury on that spot and then exploit it with his next attacks.
    There are useless skills though. Battle Prowess for example is so situational that you're unlikely to see benefits from it more than once in every 100 fights. Combat Instincts is slightly better but still pretty weak, especially for such a high tier skill (what's even worse is that Rage's Last Stand puts together Battle Prowess, Combat Instincts and Grim Determination and does a better job than these three skills combined). You won't see many situations where Second Winds comes into play, as well as Show Off. Crippling Might makes sense if combined with Devastating Power and Called Shot but otherwise it's just too "luck-based". Athleticism is a skill purely dedicated to ensuring that your gladiator will hit the target but even if you max it out, he will still miss occasionally (frankly Rages and Theatricses who don't have it don't seem to miss much more often than a War who has it on 10). Hope these flaws will be addressed when the balancing update is released.

Stable Servant
    Well, i always heal my injuries because its not that expensive and if you pay 150 gold every week for that one trophy you can keep up the automatic healing 90% of the time ( 7 days a week, 7 days time).

I like Called Shot, especially it fits a Theatric really good.

I guess i will try to combinate Second Wind with Last Stand and see how it works and how much it triggers. So far i saw, you can trigger attacks with only 1 Talent Point spent into it. Same goes for Show Off, i will try them, because its my first gladiator.

Im in Juggernaut with one and my first glad is in Champion so far.

I saw Tina Returner the other day and some guys from the forums with their stables O:.

Oh, i got lucky, i got 2 Knock Out's so far without skilling it xD.

Knockout can happen without skilling it, it's just pretty rare, the skill simply improves that rare occurrence.

Free Citizen
    I understand counter attack fight strategy is a defensive strat, so how does it compare to parry-slash? I have heard counterattack gives you a big initiative boost to help you hit back after each hit you take, rather than delivering all your attacks after all your enemy's. So is it superior to parry-slash in every way, or does parry-slash give a better parry chance? Cheers

I believe that parry-slash give a bigger def bonus but counterattack give more attacks compared to it...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Half your attacks go into parrying attempts when on parry-something, counter attack gives you all your attacks - sometimes it can even seem like more attacks if you had delayed attacks.
    That's all I know.

--Post-Update--

This looks like the best place to ask these questions. I'm running a strength theatrics with axes/maces whose less than stellar chi/presence scores I think are really going to hurt someday. Champions Bracket.

I know that how often your "Active" skills activate, depends on your current strategy. But is there a small penalty on active skills just for crossing trees?

Also, most skills have 2-3 attributes associated with them. Are the second/third skills listed less influential than the first one, or the same? Any idea how big the differences are?

Also, any idea how much a lvl 10 Iron Jaw decreases stun affects of War Cry?

If I missed an old post of these questions, just let me know. Thanks

There's no penalty for cross classing.
    I don't think anyone but Nate knows just exactly how much each attribute influence that skill, the first listed usually seem to be the most important, but I don't have the hard answers.
    How well you perform a skill will depend on how good your related stats are, not just what rank you have.

Thanks for the info Alba.