Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Stable Servant
    What is the best way to increase your damage as Theatric?
    Some fights i see so many "gray" hits with minor damage. The fights before it wasnt like that. So im wondering how i can increase my damage?
    I wont skill weaponmastery for now, because i have a low chance upgrading it..., i dont want to loose my points because the administrators dont count the points you got so far =.=

What is the best way to increase your damage as Theatric?
    youll do most damage per hit with maces and high strength. Brute force, feint, and strenght of the crowd will help you land blows. They either reduce your opponents defense or increase your offense. Both are useful when the damage is calculated. Gray hits indicate that your opponent got high defense/armor rating.
    For better your chances to take out the tanks ill suggest youll put some point into gratious violence and let them bleed out.

I wont skill weaponmastery for now, because i have a low chance upgrading it..., i dont want to loose my points because the administrators dont count the points you got so far =.=
    I think youre confusing training points and skill points, once youve got a skill point its irrelevant how many training points you used to get it. Im pretty sure that when the skill balancing pass happens youll either get to redistribute all your skill points, or move skill points from the affected skills over to new skills. Either way its impossible to lose training points. Anyway if im wrong weapon skills wont be affected, just a selected few more specialized skills. So training your weapon skill is totally safe.
    Last edited by oedi; 07-04-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Stable Servant
    Are you really sure? Because i used a lot points in Weapon training, almost at 8 so far. If they reset that and i will only get 10 points per 1 Skillpoint back i will be very angry, because i just find it stupid to leave out a number, counting the Trainingpoints.

Feint? I skilled Gratiuous Violence and Brute Force up to 2 so far, because i thought i get more dmg. They wil only bleed if i hit them hard enough :/.
    I layed out my skillplan in another thread so i wont use strengh of the crowd or feint.
    Can i use Create Distance in an quite offensive build? Would it trigger or get used?

I appreciate very advice, i dont want to loose any more fights, my precious statistic is in danger >_<. My stable already dropped from the 90% Winning Dx.
    Let us put the jokes aside, at least i want a positiv Win/Loose Rating. Mostly i loose when i get attacked thou.. . If i want to avoid them, they arent in the list... .

You are worrying WAY to much about the rebalancing. Pretend you never heard about it and make decisions like it isn't going to happen. Like Oedi, I have 100% confidence that when it happens we will be able to reskill our guys in a way that is fair. Will it be perfect? Maybe, maybe not but I'm sure it will be good enough. EXPECT your win/loss ratio to keep dropping, the higher you get in the ranking the more losses you will get as you will be fighting managers who know what they are doing. To put things in perspective, the TOP gladiators in the game are around a 60% win ratio.

Create distance is a defensive skill and won't proc very often if you are using an offensive fighting style.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Stable Servant
    Then i dont understand what im doing wrong if i loose to guys that are so much worse then my even worse gladiator and still beat me with a furry of 2-hand attacks while i only do yellow hits on them while they wear light armor (value of ~10) and are a level lower then me.. . So i really dont understand that. It doesnt look to be Kill Shot so.. :/. Maybe Berserker, but i dont know this one.
    Some fights like against a war without weapon and only a shield that just stands there are so terribly boring, they should punish them earlier -.-. Just standing there and never hitting anything or doing anything while use up 1 Endurance per round is really lame.. .

Sure im worrying about the rebalancing, i put so many points in Weapon mastery, being around a chance of 25%... . So of course i dont want to loose 20 or more Talentpoints because i would only get 10 each Skillpoint back.

A question, when do i get trigger that give me more then health and Endurance events? :/
    Because i mostly loose caused by fightingstyles i cant counter yet, due to level and triggers. For example, i cant go all out if my opponent is just defensive or switch to Counterattack if the enemy uses a specific weapon or attacks first or whatever there might be.
    Im currently 19 :/. My enemys are always 23 and above .-. .

But im grateful for all these answers! =)

I seriously don't understand why you are worried about skill rebalancing, it will almost never affect you as you are a new glad still doing skills in tier 1/tier 2. It's the lvl50 glads who already have 100 maxed skills that has to worry about changing their strategies, not you.

Simply going "slash/lunge/bash" without parrying or counter attack is what I mean by going all out attack, and you will get more triggers as you level up if you can't find one to deal with passive glads yet.

it's the name of the game guys...with all due respect, the best players figure a way out of tank battles and, and 2h rage kill shots. Tactics, tactics, tactics. Nothing is unfair. The only thing stupid about this game is how we keep spending money on it....most games you pay for one time...not this one.....how much do you think the top guys have spent on their stables.....perhaps more than is logical.

Stable Servant
    Im sure, so most skills become almost useless, like aiming for specific serious injuries. Most guys will use the automatic heal sevice for trophies so you wont find a gladiator with an injury.
    Well, i use the mentions strategies with a slight change. I just find it strange to get one shot in full medium armor from a rage :/. So its quite frustrating.

For now i got back to win some fights, aiming to suprass juggernaut hopefully soon.

But thanks for your concern, i will try some things to get better =). Excuse my flaming please.

Still i find tanks lame as hell and 1 Shot Rages lame too. xD

The only thing stupid about this game is how we keep spending money on it....most games you pay for one time...not this one.....
    Thats not totally true, infact most new games got micro payments as their source of income, and many old ones incorporate a model for micro payments. Its not my favorite model for a company to make a steady income, I prefer a monthly fee instead but since this is a favorite game I continue to play and pay.

how much do you think the top guys have spent on their stables.....perhaps more than is logical.
    As with anything else you buy or consider buying, if you feel you get value for your money you will buy or continue to pay. Value for money is of course a individual feeling, and will vary a lot from person to person. We got both ends of the scale playing this game. Some have bought every skill and stat to be ready to compete at once, and others never consider buying thropies because they got all the time in the world to get to the top or dont think its important to get what they need from the game.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

sure...i was just pointing out that it doesn't make much sense to complain about losing...If it gets hard...try harder