Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Stable Servant

Thread about Fighting Tactics as Theatric

Starting this thread to talk about Fighting Tactics for Theatrics.

I want to know what different styles and tactics other Theatric players use and in what situation, against which enemy. So basicly a basic round up over everything that could be interessting for new tactics.
    For me, im running a "strange" setup as im calling it, for me it seems to work at the moment. Most of the time im beating guys with a higher Level then me, currently im at 88% Winning-rate.
    (Im not particular sure if i should reveal everything, i dont want to get assaulted and my score broken by top guys from my higher brackets >.< ).

The results im getting show that a good tactic wins this game, so i would like to hear what others use =).

Greetings, Chamaeleonx

if you want to get a feel about how i run my theatrics read this http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...-Guide-by-Oedi
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Stable Servant
    I red this guide so far and some things arent like i would use them. But thank you for showing it to me again =).
    So far im suprised that i reach a new bracket after 1 or 2 days, even if its getting slower now.

If you read Oedi's guide and most things aren't what you would do then you are in for a rude awakening once you hit the Juggernaut and latter brackets. Oedi is pretty much the unofficial theatrics maestro and one of the oldest vets in the game. Wins are easy in the early stages but once you start going up against managers who know what they are doing it's a whole new game. I of course encourage you to experiment maybe you'll find something new, but you won't go wrong following his guide.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Stable Servant
    I just experienced that, Rage with 2-handed weapon....:
    I got him half life, then he uses this stupid Kill shot and 1 shots me -.-.
    I won the other 10 fights of today thou :/.

Im Juggernaut already (in the middle i guess), besides a few looses early on i have always been winning, so far.
    Suprisingly i got so high with my low gladiator.. . Dont know what im doing right, but i hope it doesnt end here xD.

Funny, both my glads are over 90% (95%) Winning, my stable too o.O.

Maybe some additional tips against some hard guys (like these Kill Shot guys)?

Maybe i will tell you guys how it went in the Juggernaut class, currently im quite low in rank.

Still, my enemys are always 3 levels or higher then me xD. Some fights were like "This guys is totally going to crush me." after i looked at his stats. But then he didnt even land one, hard hit and i killed him x:.
    But honestly there were some fights that were really close, reading the report, i always hoped that i get a good, red painted hit (so, bleeding, debuffs in general).

Besides that i run low Equip.... .

Greetings Chamaeleonx
    Last edited by Chamaeleonx; 07-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Stable Servant
    Can someone give me an advice for these boring defender wars?
    Really boring if they never attack and they just stand there with Kris and shield, waiting for me to pass out. I just fought one of these guys and he NEVER attacked..., its so boring. Cant the crowd punish these guys harder (20dmg isnt much .-. )?
    I was level 17 and he was level 22, but even thou, my first loose from passing out.
    More then boring.., never hitting, seems to have no weapon mastery and just standing there -.-. I passed out after he was half life thou :/. So maybe at the same level.

Stable Servant
    Loosing my Winning % because of such guys is just annoying and boring. Just notthing happend, only 3 create Distance, i lost with full life =.=.

Im wondering why i cant avoid him then? He isnt in the List -.-.

The fight strategy screen will make or break a gladiator. Design a strategy that takes into account that you might fight a tank and trigger accordingly. Some managers choose to tank the tank, others choose to pummel them, there are various ways of dealing with them, find one that works for your glad.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I always enjoy going all out attack on a tank and bring him down with a barrage of hits.

Stable Servant
    I have 3 rows and no trigger that let me decide if i go all out on a tank or not, besides handling stupid "One-Shot rages/Wars"... .
    I tried different tactics and i dont see how Tired level or health level will work against a tank -.-. Sure, i can do something if they are stunned or on the ground, but until that happens... .
    So there is no trigger for choosing to go all out on a tank or 2-hand guy. I find these 2-hand guys totally unfair on top, complete fight passive and suddenly they 1-shot you with 300 damage over your health. As if something like that could really happen or is logical, as if a gladiator wont see such a big hit coming.
    Its funny, i fought against a rage with a green weapon (~95 dps), lower strengh and overall stats then me, 3 levels higher. He does notthing the whole fight, gets half life, no strategy change and suddenly he 1 Shots me. Sorry that is complete Bullshit! Besides that he hit me on my 32 Armor head and does 100 damage over my whole life.
    So something is just not right there.

I want an option where i can choose how my gladiator reacts if my enemy uses a specific fight style. But i dont have that so i can hardly do anything against this. I fought the my way up and now i will only loose because the good things come on a higher level? I find that stupid, sorry. Looks like you are forced to loose because you get the important triggers only after a certain level.

I just dont understand why i loose. Before nobody scratched me and now a guy, that before would have loose to me 1 shots me, seriously?!

For me that is not a tactic to stay passive the whole fight, getting beat up hard and suddenly 1 shot the enemy fight a green weapon.

Well i will try some other changes on activity and bloodlust -.-.

Maybe i can get a real tipp to beat those unfair fightstyles.