Character artwork

Right now, there is 6 images for characters: Human:male rage, Human:male war, Human:male theatrics, Human:female rage, Human:female war, Human:female theatrics. So why is it that there are no Urk:male war, or Snivler:female theatrics, so and so. It just constantly bothers me, and It probably seems that someone else has noticed it too.
    This came to my attention when i got to 'The Butcher'. This stunning image of a giant clad in red armour, cool whether it was his opponents dried liquids or he painted it like that, it just got me thinking: so many cool images of different characters in the AC's, why is it not a varied artwork set when I get to Snivelsarausre's, who is a mi-git Snivler carrying a knife and a freaking 4 foot sabre, and all I see is skulls and one trident.

Although I still love the artwork and the game, it just seems odd.

Any stable masters with good Ideas please submit

Glory to the Black Bushido

Good idea, but someone will have to draw them, and artwork like that takes time.

Hi Black Bushido,

Thanks for your suggestion. The answer to your question is actually quite simple. Like most things in life it comes down to a budget. The art for Pit of War is of the highest quality and comes with a similar price tag. We could have art made for all the race/specialty combinations at a much lower quality and price but that isn't acceptable to me and I only want to give you guys the best art possible as you've come to expect from Outcast Games. When our budget allows for all the combinations I promise we'll make them! I'm just as excited as you to see what a Raging Snivler would look like, or a female Elaar Theatrics gladiator!

To give you an idea how a piece of art goes from start to finish so you can better understand the process of what is involved, it starts with a lot of brainstorming and then a concept artist will start drawing a lot of different ideas and after a lot of back and forth a final design is agreed upon and then it is tranformed into a full color finished piece by the concept artist or in our case a different artist who specializes in digital painting. This process can sometimes be as quick as a week or as a long as a month. I'm a stickler for detail and quality so there has been many a groan from an artist as I send candidates back for revisions, but the final result is well worth it, and I think that is one thing everyone agees on.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Aye, the artwork on this game is awsome, I know they take a lot of time and work(and price), this isn't your mass-market cheesy anime stuff that you can outsource to a bunch of 18yr olds in China to scratch out for you in just 2 or 3 days.

P.S. I have a female Elaar Theatrics glad right now, and she's high agility too...woo the anticipation...
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 06-01-2012 at 05:13 AM.

To Nate

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I actually wasn't surprised with your comment, because things like artwork as impressive as that, would, take a lot of time. And manga probably wouldn't suit this type of game anyways.

Tis a bummer though, cos when I started playing, I wanted to be able to draw things just like those pictures in this game. Now that I realize all the effort that all these guys make, it would seem like a big task. All in all, thanks for the heads-up, and all the luck and better in anything you do. Hope the the rest of your day goes well too.

Glory to the Black Bushido