Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not sure I agree that a fast initiative brings round 2 attacks into round 1, however it will let you to get in your attacks before the other glad which as Narol points out will help you by not getting a crit dealt against you before you have a chance to deal your own crits or skill effects. If your initiative is very low, I think you still get your attacks in that round they'll just happen at the end unless you get stunned or hamstrung which in that case you lose attacks.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Dainoji is right on the fact that fast initiative CANNOT give you more attacks (but high agility can !) in a round that you should normally have... They will just happen earlier in the round, giving you more chances to hit the opponent before he can even try to strike back...

However, I confirm that low initiative can make you lose attacks by postponing them to next round, Cynaidh and myself have made tests to verify that interesting point... Those tests also brought us to the conclusion that Warcry is really a key skill even for defensive warriors due to the lost attacks it often cause to the opponent... We also came to the conclusion that Warcry doesn't only affect the first round but all rounds, so it's like a permanent mini-hamstring in a way...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Interesting. I've always assumed initiative was calculated each round since that is how it's done in a lot of pen and paper games like D&D and Nate seems to have incorporated a lot of old school ideas into this game. Looks like I might have been right.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Do you experienced guys think that I can have a good build without armor movement?

I am thinking of skipping it for other skills.

Thanks!
    Jagged Rock STABLE
    Current Glads: Aeon Flux, Beatrix Kiddo, Tom Thumb, and Dinky Dawson
    Retired: Tank Girl, Lockerhead

Lahral runs without it, so i can be done for sure, I personally think its too good to skip, with 10 Armour Movement and 10 Warcry, you will out jump rages using rampage in round 1 and get the first hit almost every time.

It all depends of your fighting strategy, defensive glads and counter-attacking theatrics can do very well without it...

The best proof, I have currently 4 glads in the Top 15 of Primus and only 1 of them has Armor Movement.

In my opinion, only rages really need it asolutely as they need to hit fast especially against other rages....
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss