Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weapons and stats question

1st, sorry for any mistakes i may write, english is not my native language.

My question for the veterans out there is, Does any stat other than streght affect dps depending on the weapon used?

For example, a dagger is light, so maybe agility is more important than strenght? (at least it is what makes sense to me)
    Or in gladius weapons, strenght and agility are equaly important? (for speed and streght in blows)...

And, I´m thinking about going with exotic weapons, what combat style (slash, etc) is better with those weapons? (since they are wildly different than other, and even between themselves)

Thanks for your time in advance.

slash and lunge both work for all exotics, but usually slash with falchion and lunge with trident.

I´m really a noob....
    I just noticed is right on top of the weapow especialization the atributes for it.....
    Thanks for reading anyway..

First off welcome to the game. Yes your conclusion is correct on the weapon and stats. A weapon that would be better served for speed requires more agility and a weapon like an axe or mace would be better with strength. if you mouse over each weapon skill icon, the skills for each weapon such as strength and stamina for bashing weapons. these attributes listed are the clues you need to know what kind of stats to buy with gear.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

I've found things to be pretty logical when it comes to this question. As Crow said, if the weapon seems like it would benefit more from agility than strength or vice versa, it likely does. Bastard Swords are in the Blades category, but I'm pretty sure they benefit more from a high strength than agility as they are much larger and heavier sword.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

One more question,

With a 2H sword for me it is logical to Slash, and i have a 2H warrior doing well slashing with his sword and all.... (she is 34/3/4)
    But them i read the RAGE guide stickied, and there he states 2H weapons should be used Bashing.

So, should i slash or bash with a 2H Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by MrEpik View Post
    One more question,

With a 2H sword for me it is logical to Slash, and i have a 2H warrior doing well slashing with his sword and all.... (she is 34/3/4)
    But them i read the RAGE guide stickied, and there he states 2H weapons should be used Bashing.

So, should i slash or bash with a 2H Sword?
    You can slash or bash with a 2H sword. I haven't explored it in detail, but perhaps when bashing you'll deal more stun crits or knock downs and slashing will deal more bleeding crits and possibly other crits. Both fighting styles will work though.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I have not tested with the 2H swords tbh. I still think bash would be better when using a 2H great sword as the motion (or at least the one i picture in my head) seems to make better use of the blade's weight.

I know that the 2H blades and axes inflict more bleeding than mauls (which deal more damage)

IMO mauls are better than the bladed 2H weapons because to make use of bleeding you need lots of hits, which will not happen in 2H styles... but someone may find that the blades have a benefit that I'm not aware of that makes them the better weapon.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I see the logic on what you guys are saying...

I´ll try bashing a bit and making my conclusions, but for waht is worth, every hit i make is causing bleeding while using slash.

Slash is probably better vs lightly armoured opponents, bash could be better vs glads in heavy armour.