Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Training Dummy

Unexplained bleeding

A number of times I have noticed unexplained increases in my bleeding rates, they look like this...

R O U N D 4
    MERIC parries a strike and lunges forward with his EPIC STABBER.
    MEGA MEATBAG
    MERIC
    369/435
    369/435
    413/484
    413/484
    65/74
    65/74
    66/72
    66/72
    Bleeding

An unimpressive injury occurs on MEGA MEATBAG's ear. (+8 Damage)
    MEGA MEATBAG moves with unbridled energy.
    MEGA MEATBAG nearly falls as he attacks with his HEROIC BATTLE FLAIL.
    MEGA MEATBAG
    MERIC
    369/435
    369/435
    413/484
    413/484
    63/74
    63/74
    65/72
    65/72
    Bleeding

MEGA MEATBAG tries to knock MERIC down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    With what appears to be a parry of some sort, MERIC thwarts MEGA MEATBAG's attack.

Skill points in Gratuitous Violence. Meric is a Theatric fighter.

Although some fighters seem to cause more bleeding injuries (Wolfraven) then others. I'm leaning towards weapon choice as part of the reason too combined with the GV skill.

Training Dummy
    That may be, but it is still not listed, hence unexplained.

Passive skills don't display when they are used.

Dainoji and HOG are correct, Gratuitous Violence doesn't indicate when it goes off since it would start to get rather spammy. This is true of all passive skills. Perhaps down the road we could put a small unobtrusive symbol when passive skills are used for things like this at the end of the damage sentence to help remove confusion.

-Nate-

Aspiring Master
    Speaking of this....

I had a battle last week, I believe, in which my Theatrics glad caused Bleeding in his opponent without even hitting him. I may have missed something, but I went over the Blow-by-Blow a few times and couldn't find a hit notification near the time he started bleeding. It was a small bleed...only 2 points...but it seemed to have come out of nowhere. He does have Lvl 5 GV.

I don't have the fight saved, obviously, but I'll keep looking in my upcoming fights to see if it happens again.

I had a battle last week, I believe, in which my Theatrics glad caused Bleeding in his opponent without even hitting him. I may have missed something, but I went over the Blow-by-Blow a few times and couldn't find a hit notification
    Usually when the display box of the bleeding is showing, the hit has already been landed on the previous hit.
    Although, I too have seen phantom bleeding, but when such events occur it usually coincides with the attack hitting or glancing off armor and despite not causing damage points. Perhaps a small welt is causing internal bleeding.

Aspiring Master
    Gratuitous Violence is one of the best skills for a Theatrics gladiator to have at a fair level. That "unexplained bleeding" has won me more duels than my fancy footwork! I have hit opponents with an off-the-rack Knuckle Duster, causing only 1 point of "real" damage, but +8 points Bleeding damage. The highest Bleeding damage I have been able to inflict in one match was 84 points per round. Mind you, that's cumulative damage, not in one hit. Still, it's like getting a free crit every round!

Gratuitous Violence is one of the best skills for a Theatrics gladiator to have at a fair level. That "unexplained bleeding" has won me more duels than my fancy footwork! I have hit opponents with an off-the-rack Knuckle Duster, causing only 1 point of "real" damage, but +8 points Bleeding damage. The highest Bleeding damage I have been able to inflict in one match was 84 points per round. Mind you, that's cumulative damage, not in one hit. Still, it's like getting a free crit every round!
    Even now though, it seems some fighters cause more bleeding wounds then others even when evenly trained in GV. Wolfraven is notorius for causing bleeding at an amazing rate. As is Power Slave of late, he has been inflicting very large point bleeds on opponents over the last 10 or so fights after only scoring very mild bleeds previously.
    And other Theatrical fighters with similiar GV skill come no where near the same magnitude or frequency, at least that I have seen.
    I am guessing it may have a lot to do with weapon choice and style too, as a lunging or slashing sword would inflict more open wounds then a bashing mace.

I'm trying to figure out what seems to be the key to the knockout.
    Solstice seems to be becoming very adept at knocking opponents out. In his last 10 or so matches I believe he has knocked out at 3 or 4 of them. And he has not yet begun training in the knockout skill yet.

Aspiring Master
    I've been using both Lunge and Slash with one of my guys, and have noticed what "appears" to be an increase in bleeding damage with the slash attack over the lunge. So, you are probably correct...there is likely more involved than simple skill level in GV. Weapon type, Blood Lust, Armor type, Attack Power....all of these must certainly play a role in the bleeding calcs.

As for the Knockout, I'm assuming there is a small base chance for a KO each time the head is hit (also likely effected by attack power, weapon type, etc), and that chance is increased with each level of the Knockout skill. None of my fighters have the KO skill yet, and I haven't had any luck knocking anyone out in the Arena, but several of my guys have KO'd the guys from the Tavern (and, on one occasion, been KO'd by them). One of the gladiators from The Jesters or Lordsoflight stables (not sure which) was recently KO'd in the Arena. He had taken several hits to the head in that battle, and the last one knocked him out. Perhaps there is an increased cumulative chance with each successive hit??

All of my gladiators in all of my stables have been aiming for the head for the past few weeks, in an effort to figure it out. So...you might want to buy that purple helm, after all.