Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aspiring Master
    If he's getting a ton of KO's I suspect it's due to:

1) Fast attacking weapon
    2) Having points in Called Shot
    3) Targeting the head
    4) Luck

Grainted by hitting the head more often, it's more than likely triggering the chance of a KO more often so he's mitigating his luck in his favor.

Aspiring Master
    I'm not certain, but I believe a critical to the head *may* be one of the requirements for a KO. Two of my fighters KO'd their opponents in Tavern matches this morning, both after a critical to the head, and neither have the KO skill. One shot was for upwards of 90+ hp, the other was significantly less, so I'm pretty sure the damage level isn't much of a factor. All of my gladiators do target the head, though, as standard operating procedure. It will be interesting to track this one, and see which factors have the biggest effect on recieving and dealing a KO.

Aspiring Master
    Ah....during the 2 pm battle today two of my fighters from seperate stables engaged one another. During Round 13, Wermacht scored a 54 point critical to Darla's head, and knocked her out. She had 109 health and 35 stamina left at the time.

So, it looks like a Critical to the head greatly increases the chances for a Knockout. Wermacht, being a War fighter, has no skill level in Knockout.

Just F.Y.I.

Aspiring Master
    And, my guy Omega just got knocked out by Echo (who is a Theatrics glad, and may have the KO skill). Again, a critical to the Head.

Blackwill,
    I think called shot and luck has alot to do with it. Because Echo is one of my boys and he only has trains in weapon skill and called shot. Quite frankly I don't know why he wins such a high percentage of his fights

Aspiring Master
    Called Shot seems to be one of the more effective skills. I'm guessing you were aiming at my guy's head when you hit me? I checked after the battle, and it appears that I was defending my Torso (???), and had my AL and BL set to 7/3, as well...when they should have been 10/10 with that guy (adjusted them to fight an Arena Challenge and never re-set them for the sands). Not that the AL and BL would have made much difference against a solid Knockout.

At any rate, if you start getting skill levels in Knockout, coupled with that Called Shot, you'll likely see a serious increase in your KO count. You hit me with a 67 point critical to the noggin, which I'm pretty sure, now, is a requirement for the KO. I haven't seen anyone knocked out with a regular hit, yet...

Oh...Echo also has Level 3 in Brute Force, which makes a big difference in the amount of damage he's able to deal with that Epic-level Vorpal Sabre. At level 10 you're probably fighting opponents with less-than-optimal skill sets and armor, and that sword and force combo are likely cleaving right through it. At any rate, Echo has a great record....I hope to put a dent in it next time I see him
    Last edited by Blackwill; 02-04-2011 at 04:32 PM.