Regarding additional stats

Hello community,

I'm a new player, and wanted to kindly ask all ye veterans to explain to me some things i've come across in the game.

1) What does the Luck stat do ? And is it any worth spending achievement slots on it ?
    2) Regarding achievements: Is it better to increase the primary stats of my gladiator or are the +Attack/Defense achievements more beneficial to have ? If it's a question of gear/lvl then when is the approximate transition to occur (lvl or gear wise) ?
    3) I would also be most obliged if anyone could suggest any achievement bonuses that a defensive 2H War or a Dual-wield exotics Theatrics glad should focus on (stat-wise, not particular achievements).

A warm thank you to anyone who cares to share their knowledge.

1) What does the Luck stat do ? And is it any worth spending achievement slots on it ?
    http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?399-Tip-of-the-Week!

Good LUCK in the Pit!

-Nate-

The luck factor is not to be dismissed out of hand; however, I would gladly take a 250 pt health bump or a +25 attack bonus instead. Personally.

Even better take both or all 3!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I ran +15 luck on Kharn for a fortnight. didnt see a difference. I guess to see any benefit from luck, it needs to be with a build that attacks more often than 2H styles
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    I ran +15 luck on Kharn for a fortnight. didnt see a difference. I guess to see any benefit from luck, it needs to be with a build that attacks more often than 2H styles
    I've only been playing for about five months or so, but even I can figure out that there's more going on behind the scenes than the mere stats alone can tell us. Size, intelligence, and race MUST have a great deal to do with how effective certain skills and achievements are, apart from fighting style (the normal 'given'.) Re: LUCK -- I have a character that I (briefly) ran that I used a +5 Luck achievement. Noticed an increase in small things, like... less likely to drop his weapon; more likely to hit the targeted area; quicker back on his feet. However, these things rarely turned the fight around. I can see it working well with a higher-level/higher ability fighter, especially if that luck bonus is +15 or higher.

well from the tip of the week:

Tip #9: Ever see that four leaf clover in the achievements that says Luck? Often a confused Master has wondered what this fortunate symbol means. Wonder no more! All gladiators have a secret 8th attribute called LUCK. You don't know what your gladiator's luck score is and you never will directly but like most things in life some people are luckier than others. Luck factors into all aspects of the game. That attack you made might have missed had it not been for that higher luck score. Find it strange that you always seem to pick up your weapon after getting disarmed? Maybe you're gladiator is just lucky to always be in the right place at the right time. Luck by itself won't dominate a fight, but in a close battle, fortune just might favor the lucky!
    I think you can kinda see it with a slaves cost, I've ran into slaves that cost 1050g with just totally normal stats all mid 70's, i am beginning to think that the hidden luck stat might have been huge on those glads high 80's-90's and that is what drove up their price.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold