Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I love it too, and of course you are free to have an opinion and glad you do, people without opinions are dull, but remember, opinions are not fact, they are just opinions be mindful to treat them as such.
    Unfortunately it is a fact PoW is a pay-to-win game, not an opinion. It honestly shouldn't be an argument; anyone aware what pay-to-win mechanics look like will nod their head and say "yes, this is pay-to-win, but that is fine because blankidy blank" rather then "no its not pay-to-win, stop shouting opinions like they are facts!". PoW features a system that is eerily close to what anyone expects a pay-to-win system to look like. The thing that redeems it is the ability to get trophies without spending cash.

By the way, to those that aren't quite clear as to what pay-to-win actually is, it isn't necessarily "i pay i win all the time", but rather "i pay and gain an advantage you cant have". Pay-4-Advantage should be the name, but we have pay-2-win, so that is that.

Feel free to debate what you can do to make the current system more enjoyable, but at least be transparent when it comes to how the system works. Those who pay have an up front and clear advantage over those who don't. This is not a "truly free to play" game in which you only pay for cosmetics, more choices, and/or convenience. This is the alternative; free to pay.

Feel free to reply, but I don't think I'll be heading back into the forum for a while. I don't tend to stick around places like this... but I must say I love the game too. Especially the art and flavor text. I'm just hoping it expands in the right direction, is all.
    Last edited by Rex Nex; 05-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.