Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    On a side note is any one else really tired of the change the amount of points you loose on a loss now in Primus, Smak started trying to challenge Lahral at rank 16 in primus, it took me like 8 fights to finally get a challenge threw to him (actually took 3 fights, first fight he disarmed me first hit, so no data on that fight, 2nd fight he just kicked smak's ass, smak never attacked, 3rd fight was the charm and they slugged it out), during that I would loose 1 fight, drop 20 some odd places, have to win 2-3 fights to get back to where i could challenge him again.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Slightly off topic, Nice Laharl killed Smak 2 times in thsoe 3 fights :P

Yup, he is a 2 handed rage so he is gimped all to hell, will be a max skilled on at least soon.

When Belgarad isn't in the top 10 anymore i'll do this again with him, he has 190 str also, exact same as Smak but his damage per round is MUCH damn higher, duel wield is so much better right now its not even funny.

You need to compare fighting styles aswell. Its a huge difference in damage between hitting a gladiator with a defensive style and one with an offensive style. My guess is that the war gladiators you fought all used some offensive fighting style, and all the theatrics you fought used a defensive fighting style. Counter strike is a defensive fighting style that works best against berserk. If as a war you go 10 activity(high activity helps with defending agains more attacks) and some defensive style, youll see those hits against war reduced to half or even more.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Good idea Oedi, and i can test this! as Black Talon is a warrior with plate on and rank 10 in Battle Hardened i'll go run some fights with him set at 10 parry-bash 7 as his only strat and see how he gets hit.

And he did parry a lot but here are the hits, here are some highlights, some of the fights where omg boring when he fought another defensive guy! To me i don't really seem him taking that much less damage then the other warriors above vs two-handed users, maybe they where using parry-bash, or parry-bash has nothing to do with how much damage you take if you get hit.

So here we go hits vs a warrior in plate with 10 battle hardened running 10 parry-bash 7:

VS Arg 2handed user
    ARG's MAUL sails through the air with wicked intent.
    ARG tries to knock BLACK TALON down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    BLACK TALON screams as he gets knocked to the ground by the massive shot!
    A crippling wound is opened on BLACK TALON's tricep! (+872 Damage)

Note: Arg only got 1 hit in that fight

VS Switch 2hand user
    SWITCH hurtles around as if on fire.
    SWITCH clashes with BLACK TALON and tries to maul his opponent.
    SWITCH looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Massive shot punches a hole through BLACK TALON's chest! (+421 Damage)

SWITCH looks to pummel BLACK TALON with his EPIC GIANT HACKER.
    SWITCH looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    SWITCH's attack lands on BLACK TALON's hand inflicting magnificent injuries! (+420 Damage)

Note: Switch got disarmed after that hit, so rest where with a one handed sword so i threw them out

VS Belgarad duel weilding
    BELGARAD pelts around as if on fire.
    BELGARAD strikes at BLACK TALON and looks to pound him.
    BELGARAD roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    BLACK TALON's forearm is totally smashed by the freakish blow! (+821 Damage)

BELGARAD's HEROIC MORNING STAR comes crashing down with deadly force.
    BELGARAD looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Several snaps can be heard as BLACK TALON's neck is broken in several places from the tremendous crushing shot! (+572 Damage)

BELGARAD attacks ferociously with his HEROIC MORNING STAR.
    BELGARAD's HEROIC MORNING STAR tastes victory and inflicts mighty injuries on BLACK TALON's arm! (+687 Damage)

VS CZAR duel weilding
    CZAR darts right at his enemy.
    CZAR overruns BLACK TALON and attempts to injure his adversary.
    CZAR smiles after the titanic hit to BLACK TALON's upper arm! (+102 Damage)

CZAR moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    CZAR makes an off handed attack.
    CZAR seeks to pummel his adversary.
    CZAR tries to fake BLACK TALON out with a few twirls of his weapon! (-Feint-)
    Magnificent hit to the shin creates a pain so unbearable BLACK TALON bites off a portion of his tongue in an attempt not to scream! (+105 Damage)

CZAR makes an off handed attack.
    CZAR's MASTERWORK TOMAHAWK brutally slices toward his opponent.
    CZAR lands a strike on BLACK TALON's butt causing huge injuries! (+85 Damage)

CZAR looks for a crushing attack with his MASTERWORK TOMAHAWK.
    CZAR tries to knock BLACK TALON down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    BLACK TALON drops to one knee after the shot!
    Whoosh...several ribs are driven into the lungs! (+141 Damage)

BT jumped back up here

CZAR hopes for a crushing shot with his HEROIC CRUSHER.
    Unrivaled power helps drive the weapon into BLACK TALON's lower thigh cracking bone and mangling flesh...it doesn't look good for BLACK TALON! (+228 Damage)

CZAR moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    CZAR makes a powerful crushing attack with his HEROIC CRUSHER.
    Massive shot to BLACK TALON's upper back...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+369 Damage)

CZAR's HEROIC CRUSHER hurls toward BLACK TALON.
    CZAR tries to fake BLACK TALON out with a few twirls of his weapon! (-Feint-)
    Unrivaled power helps drive the weapon into BLACK TALON's lower thigh cracking bone and mangling flesh...it doesn't look good for BLACK TALON! (+228 Damage)

vs LARSHAMIR FURYO 2 handed user
    LARSHAMIR FURYO hustles frantically around BLACK TALON.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO seeks to slice into BLACK TALON.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO connects with his MASTERWORK GREAT SWORD inflicting cyclopean damage! (+467 Damage)

LARSHAMIR FURYO tries to cleave his enemy with his MASTERWORK GREAT SWORD.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Terrible slash to BLACK TALON...entrails spill out onto the ground! (+370 Damage)

LARSHAMIR FURYO moves towards BLACK TALON and looks to cripple his opponent.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO tries to fake BLACK TALON out with a few twirls of his weapon! (-Feint-)
    A huge laceration to the lower arm exposes meat and tissue...BLACK TALON's arm becomes almost useless! (+580 Damage)

LARSHAMIR FURYO hurtles furiously to and fro.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO whirls around, slashing his MASTERWORK GREAT SWORD in a powerful backhanded arc.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO tries to knock BLACK TALON down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    BLACK TALON drops to the ground grabbing his wound!
    Powerful slash trims BLACK TALON's fingernails...and the rest of his hand! (+293 Damage)

LARSHAMIR FURYO flies uncontrollably back and forth.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO attempts to slash his opponent with his MASTERWORK GREAT SWORD.
    LARSHAMIR FURYO tries to fake BLACK TALON out with a few twirls of his weapon! (-Feint-)
    Shot to the head removes BLACK TALON's eye along with part of the brain! (+510 Damage) <-- killed BT with that one

Stats on Black Talon:
    Str 173 Int 78 Agil 106 Stam 113 Size 82 Pres 85 Chi 66
    Skills:
    10 Brute Force, 10 Mace/Axe, 10 Feint, 10 Create Distance, 10 Armor Movement, 10 Warcry, 10 Hamstring, 10 Athleticism, 10 Combat instincts, 10 battle hardened

He is a Spite which should have given him bonus defense also.

ok another side issues but This KILLS me, Smak has 10 more str, has higher skills and gets less then half the number of attacks per round but compare the the damage vs Laharl, they are almost the exact same 1 handed weapon vs 2 handed weapon, hell Belgarad even has the higher normal hit:

SMAK unleashes a vicious crushing attack with his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER.
    SMAK roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER tastes victory and inflicts magnificent damage on LAHARL's shin! (+864 Damage)

SMAK moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
    SMAK whips around, swinging his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER with unbelievable speed.
    LAHARL's shoulder is smashed into a thousand pieces! (+413 Damage)

SMAK drives towards LAHARL and attempts to wound his opponent.
    LAHARL backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Great blast to LAHARL's upper arm shatters all in its path! (+451 Damage)

SMAK moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER hurtles through the air with deadly intent.
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER connects with LAHARL's thigh inflicting gigantic wounds! (+464 Damage)

SMAK tries to attack from the ground.
    SMAK overruns LAHARL and tries to hurt his adversary.
    Heavy shot crushes LAHARL's shin sending bone fragments to adjacent areas...LAHARL looks to the Enforcer with puppy dog eyes! (+675 Damage)
    LAHARL is bleeding very badly from several wounds!!!

VS

BELGARAD flashes right at his enemy.
    BELGARAD's HEROIC MORNING STAR arcs through the air carving a brutal path of destruction.
    BELGARAD roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    Monsterous shot creates an explosion of blood, bone, and loud screams! (+872 Damage)

BELGARAD whirls right at his adversary.
    BELGARAD charges at LAHARL and attempts to flatten his enemy.
    LAHARL backs up a few inches as BELGARAD descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Whoosh...several ribs are driven into the lungs! (+295 Damage)

BELGARAD looks at the crowd as he hurtles around the battle field.
    BELGARAD brutally lashes out with his HEROIC MORNING STAR leaving the crowd in awe.
    Unrivaled power helps drive the weapon into LAHARL's lower thigh cracking bone and mangling flesh...it doesn't look good for LAHARL! (+749 Damage)

Larshamir smiles and makes a scratch on his weapon for BT's kill !

On a side note, I totally agree with Cynaidh, the point loss for defeats in Primus is much too big, to the point that the rankings hardly make sense...

When you consider that the best Win/Loss ratio in Primus are in the 60-65% range, it would make sense that being abble to win 60% of your fights allow you to climb up the ranks slowly which is not the case at all...

A loss of points equal to 1.5 times the points you earn for a win would do the trick !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

I'm sure the reason why Nate, changed the points system in the primus was to bring back some of the top glads. At one point a few of my glads were 40K points in front of the next guy. If they would have continued at that rate they would have been virtually uncatchable. Especially since the old system would not allow a single glad to get away. When Eruption was on top, the most points he ever got away from Laharl who was 2nd was almost 8k. But I guess a clause triggered in the points system to which he was not gaining points anymore for wins, but if he lost he would lose a bunch. That is probably why he lost over 4k in points when Prey killed him and took over the top spot. But after the initial pass that Nate did a few months ago, I was able to use Echo and Foxtrot in tandem and pull away from the field by a huge margin. So Nate's adjustment to the point system brought them back to everyone. Now the field is VERY tightly bunched.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.