Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chain armor vs Plate armor

This kinda started in Crow's post for AlphaIi and I'd rather not highjack his post.

From Kreegan
    While you're at it, can someone explain why Theatrics in Medium armour seems to get considerably less damage than a non-tanking War with same level armour but Heavy (no shields)? Heavy Scarring, some defence bonus from Counterstrike? It seem pretty weird that the Rages cut through War's armour like it's made of butter while Theatrics are sometimes barely injured even by a high level Rampage strike.
    From Dainoji
    Gladiator strength scores are climbing higher then ever before, that could be a reason you are seeing less deflections. I noticed as Thunder Lips strength got much higher she got through armor more often. Weapon also matters. Axes and maces get through better than blades.
    From Dainoji
    Rampage takes a percent of the opponent's health based on the skill level of the rage gladiator.
    In my opinion i agree with Kreegan chain is the better armor right now or theatrics are super more defensive then warriors (i am using the word super since they use a lesser type of armor but yet take less damage).

Now since we are talking about STR being the key factor i used Smak for a small run of challenges to see what it looked like today, he has 190 str, 10 skill in Two handed weapon, Brute Force, Rampage, Shock and Awe, Overwhelming Presence and Total Carnage.... in theory he should hit like a truck.

Luckily all the fights i got where against warriors and theatrics without shields (offense glads) so we can factor out shields totally.

VS theatrics and warriors i had him set to run 10 berserk 10 for these fights.

I think the data shows, that yes Rampage is totally based off hit points (which i am sure we all agree on), and that the CHAIN wearing theatrics take much less damage per hit then the PLATE wearing warriors. This is something i have noticed for awhile now even when compared to AlphaIi and Blacktalon who are warriors with 10 Battle Hardened, theatrics are taking much less damage per hit.

One of the attacks that really stands out to me is:

SMAK attacks wildly with his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER.
    RAVNOAL backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Magnificent hit to the shin creates a pain so unbearable RAVNOAL bites off a portion of his tongue in an attempt not to scream! (+278 Damage)

Ravnoal has 9 in heavy scarring which we are assuming helps your armor, so a rank 10 Shock & Awe with rank 10 brute force, with 190 strength (which i have seen hit leather armor for over 1600) does less then 300 damage here.... really? That hit just blew me away.

Well lets have some data, all hits where red color crits

THEATRICS

VS RAVNOAL (1906)
    RAVNOAL backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Magnificent hit to the shin creates a pain so unbearable RAVNOAL bites off a portion of his tongue in an attempt not to scream! (+278 Damage)

SMAK readies a strike from the ground.
    SMAK storms RAVNOAL and seeks to smash him.
    Massive shot to RAVNOAL's forearm...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+245 Damage)

vs Narvalo (1614)
    SMAK attacks viciously with his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER.
    SMAK roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    Awesome shot to the upper arm squashes nerves and veins on bone shards! (+792 Damage)

SMAK whirls around as if on fire.
    SMAK uses his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER to brutally crush NARVALO.
    NARVALO backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    SMAK smiles after the beastly hit to NARVALO's forearm! (+365 Damage)

SMAK flashes like wild fire around NARVALO.
    SMAK tries to strike his opponent.
    Blast to the hand sends fingers flying in several different directions! (+322 Damage)

SMAK attempts to strike from the ground.
    SMAK advances on NARVALO and tries to maim him.
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER tastes victory and inflicts massive wounds on NARVALO's sternum! (+490 Damage)

Vs Azmael (1694)
    SMAK uses his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER to carve a path of destruction.
    SMAK connects with his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER creating monstrous injuries! (+788 Damage)

SMAK charges frantically back and forth.
    AZMAEL backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER tastes victory and inflicts gigantic injuries on AZMAEL's outer thigh! (+320 Damage)

SMAK ducks down and unleashes a deadly uppercut with his FIST.
    SMAK looks to seriously damage AZMAEL's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Massive shot to AZMAEL's shoulder blade...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+236 Damage)

WARRIORS

VS Foxtrot (2197 hit points)
    SMAK uses his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER to carve a path of destruction.
    Magnificent hit to the shin creates a pain so unbearable FOXTROT bites off a portion of his tongue in an attempt not to scream! (+1025 Damage)

SMAK brutally slams his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER into FOXTROT.
    FOXTROT backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Incredible smash to what used to be FOXTROT's stomach brings the crowd to their feet! (+470 Damage)

SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER carves a path of pain through the air.
    SMAK looks to seriously damage FOXTROT's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Monsterous shot creates an explosion of blood, bone, and loud screams! (+900 Damage)

VS ZEROTWENTYONE (1887 hit points)
    SMAK whips his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER overhead viciously bringing death nearer.
    Awesome shot to the upper arm squashes nerves and veins on bone shards! (+1013 Damage)

SMAK bounces and leaps around ZEROTWENTYONE.
    SMAK leaps forward, hammering his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER downward with great force.
    ZEROTWENTYONE backs up a few inches as SMAK descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Magnificent hit to the shin creates a pain so unbearable ZEROTWENTYONE bites off a portion of his tongue in an attempt not to scream! (+473 Damage)

SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER crashes down with tremendous power.
    SMAK's attack lands on ZEROTWENTYONE's upper arm creating titanic injuries! (+844 Damage)

VS ZEROELEVEN (1900)
    SMAK's EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER accelerates toward its target with deadly purpose.
    SMAK roars uncontrollably as she attacks! (-Rampage-)
    SMAK lands a strike on ZEROELEVEN's forearm inflicting cyclopean wounds! (+959 Damage)

SMAK moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    SMAK leaps into the air and executes a cruel strike with his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER.
    Massive shot to ZEROELEVEN's groin...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+1002 Damage)
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 03-28-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold