Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-handed Rage

2-handed Rage

Well even after the balancing passes seems like these warriors are still taking the same old beatings. Getting close to giving up on this particular build. Probably gonna sell Sliver next time I see a good prospect hit the market. I do like having him around..because he is a nightmare for 2-handed war builds.
    Last edited by crow; 03-12-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

By curiosity, how good does Sliver against Black Talon ?

My own 2H Rage Larshamir Furyo always get crushed down when he fights him, contrary to most war builds...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

O.o how odd BT's last fight today was a random match up vs Sliver, it was a weird fight though, lost his weapon at the beginning of it and it was just weird, I'd expect Sliver to do better vs BT as he is really well rounded 1700 hit points, great damage, I'd challenge him if i could to get more samples but we are too far apart right now :/ This is the match up I was trying to design BT to win though, either threw migrating enough of the big hits to win (vs the low hit point 2 handed rage, 1 parry/dodge/absorption can be the difference), or to hit them hard enough with the bastard sword to cause a knockdown/disarm/stun.

The fallen remains of gladiators litters the arena sands!
    R O U N D 1
    >> SLIVER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> BLACK TALON SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    BLACK TALON speeds frantically around SLIVER.
    BLACK TALON twists his MASTERWORK BASTARD SWORD into a gruesome thrust.
    BLACK TALON connects with his MASTERWORK BASTARD SWORD creating mighty wounds! (+358 Damage)

SLIVER watches as the ground comes rushing up to meet him after the wicked strike!
    >> BLACK TALON SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5
    BLACK TALON makes an off handed attack.
    BLACK TALON uses his BLOODSAND SLICER to carve a path of destruction through the air.
    A mammoth wound is opened on SLIVER's lower calf! (+177 Damage)

SLIVER cringes as his weapon drops to the ground after the strike!
    SLIVER has taken some slight damage from this fight!
    SLIVER moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
    SLIVER rages like a wild beast and attacks with his FIST.
    SLIVER aims for BLACK TALON's torso
    BLACK TALON kicks SLIVER in the chest knocking him out of striking range! (-Create Distance-)
    R O U N D 2
    SLIVER gets back up!
    BLACK TALON moves and skips around his opponent.
    BLACK TALON clumsily lashes out with his BLOODSAND SLICER.
    SLIVER is knocked back as his armour absorbs the hit!
    BLACK TALON hustles furiously back and forth.
    BLACK TALON whips around with his off hand.
    BLACK TALON sees an opening and attempts to shove his BLOODSAND SLICER into SLIVER.
    BLACK TALON's BLOODSAND SLICER connects with SLIVER's cheekbone creating freakish wounds! (+159 Damage)
    BLACK TALON moves towards SLIVER and tries to maim him.
    Sparks fly as SLIVER's armour deflects the strike!
    SLIVER dances and springs around his enemy.
    SLIVER whips around with his off hand.
    SLIVER unleashes a ferocious uppercut.
    SLIVER looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    SLIVER goes for BLACK TALON's chest and connects with his FIST creating severe wounds! (+97 Damage)
    SLIVER moves and leaps around BLACK TALON.
    SLIVER side steps an attack and whips his FIST around in response.
    SLIVER roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    Incredible smash to what used to be BLACK TALON's stomach brings the crowd to their feet! (+623 Damage)
    BLACK TALON has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
    SLIVER tries to injure BLACK TALON with his FIST.
    BLACK TALON backs up a few inches as SLIVER descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    BLACK TALON's armour absorbs the hit!
    R O U N D 3
    SLIVER finds an old BALL & CHAIN laying on the ground.
    BLACK TALON looks to an off handed strike to deal damage.
    BLACK TALON attempts to injure SLIVER.
    BLACK TALON is aiming at SLIVER's trailing leg.
    A huge laceration to the lower arm exposes meat and tissue...SLIVER's arm becomes almost useless! (+135 Damage)
    SLIVER takes a step back to catch a quick breather.
    BLACK TALON runs like wild fire back and forth.
    BLACK TALON deftly lunges forward, his MASTERWORK BASTARD SWORD moving at blazing speeds.
    Terrible slash to SLIVER...entrails spill out onto the ground! (+304 Damage)

Blood pours from SLIVER's battle wounds!!
    BLACK TALON charges at SLIVER and attempts to cut through his opponent.
    SLIVER is knocked back as his armour absorbs the hit!
    SLIVER attempts to strike his opponent.
    SLIVER looks to seriously damage BLACK TALON's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Great blast to BLACK TALON's upper arm shatters all in its path! (+482 Damage)
    BLACK TALON is bleeding from multiple flesh wounds!!
    SLIVER advances on BLACK TALON and looks to destroy him.
    SLIVER tries to knock BLACK TALON down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    BLACK TALON's armour protects him from the attack!
    R O U N D 4
    BLACK TALON looks at the crowd as he hurtles around the battle field.
    BLACK TALON makes a clumsy thrust with his BLOODSAND SLICER.
    BLACK TALON is aiming at SLIVER's trailing leg.
    BLACK TALON's face scowls as SLIVER's armour does its job!
    BLACK TALON moves furiously trying to gain the advantage.
    BLACK TALON tries to slice off a few pounds with his MASTERWORK BASTARD SWORD.
    With a magnificent and bloody hit to the lower thigh SLIVER grabs the devastated area and hops around the arena...the crowd erupts in laughter! (+316 Damage)

SLIVER curses as the attack knocks his weapon to the ground!
    SLIVER watches as the ground comes rushing up to meet him after the wicked strike!
    BLACK TALON takes a step back to catch a quick breather.
    Fatigue weighs SLIVER down, slowing his attacks.
    SLIVER is bleeding very badly from several wounds!!!
    SLIVER lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
    SLIVER attempts to strike from the ground.
    SLIVER swings his elbow across.
    BLACK TALON kicks SLIVER in the chest knocking him out of striking range! (-Create Distance-)
    BLACK TALON decides to attack with the other hand.
    BLACK TALON fluidly shifts his weight, leaps forward and viciously slashes at SLIVER.
    Cruel slash to the foot goes through flesh and bone like a hot knife through butter! (+227 Damage)

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
    SLIVER tries to attack from the ground.
    SLIVER takes a novice swing with his FIST.
    BLACK TALON's armour protects him!
    SLIVER readies a strike from the ground.
    SLIVER attacks with an vicious uppercut.
    Well placed shot to the arm slightly mangles the meat! (+88 Damage)
    R O U N D 5
    SLIVER yells in frustration as he looks for an opening to stand!
    SLIVER quickly picks up his VORPAL WAR CHAIN from off the ground!
    BLACK TALON makes an off handed attack.
    BLACK TALON nearly overextends himself as he jabs his BLOODSAND SLICER forward.
    After assessing the situation, BLACK TALON decides against it.
    BLACK TALON's BLOODSAND SLICER leaps through the air in a vicious slicing attack.
    A cyclopean wound is opened on SLIVER's nose! (+220 Damage)
    >> BLACK TALON SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
    >> SLIVER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 4
    SLIVER begins to plea for his worthless life and after a moment of thought BLACK TALON spits on the pitiful fool and walks away!
    The loser is dragged out of the arena!
    The fight lasted 51 seconds!
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Thanks Cynaidh, very interesting fight...

BT is gonna be a PITA for many established managers, for sure ! Maybe that will make them change their mind about the fairness of power-levelling...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Well even after the balancing passes seems like these warriors are still taking the same old beatings. Getting close to giving up on this particular build. Probably gonna sell Sliver next time I see a good prospect hit the market. I do like having him around..because he is a nightmare for 2-handed war builds.
    I'd be sad to see sliver go. I share some of the feelings, but having some boost in 2H rage fills me with hope that they may yet become competative, but they are still a bit of a novelty item for seeing how badly you can beat someone in an arm wrestle.

I think a big part is is simply the current metagame, where it is just speedy offensive glads. if more war glads rose up, 2H rage would have some nicer pickings.... then again there's a massive amount of 2H ragers in bloodgods/maximus for them to get through first hahaha.

I'd guess that Nate will check things at the end of the month and reassess. I'm waiting out till then. Kharn is pretty close to being scrapped himself, only saved by being in the blood games. I'll probably go 2H rage again in hope that they get better, but i'm sorely tempted to be a heathen to my stable and get a war glad :P
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Same here Smak is working on his 5th skill to hit rank 10 (he has 10's in two handed, shock and awe, brute force, and armor movement, and then 9's in Rampage, sunder armor, last stand, OP and TC) and basically he is worthless, even if i try and cherry pick favorable match ups for him he still is just so inconsistent, i think i have made it to primus teen's with him but then he fights a theatrics and only does 200 damage a hit (wtf is with that, no shit he hits warriors harder then theatrics) and its just a given that its a loss and back down into the 20's he goes.

Even his stats are decent i think:

Str 182 Int 68 Agil 93 Sta 106 Size 64 Pres 83 Chi 96

I have a feeling this will be his last blood games and i'll be looking for a replacement too.

2 handers till i die. or move on from this game at least. it would seem my interest is waning at this point. the ranking system is now completely meaningless. even so, i never sought the throne to begin with. i just like being part of the gauntlet. not to mention the body count
    ZIGGLIN' CAPACITY AT MAXIMUM.
    brace for impact.

Primus ranking is different now for sure.... I still say it would be so much better if the top 25 primus warriors could only use fight tokens (no trophies) then the top 10 would be a nice achievement.

Ziggler is right, 2H Ragers are not finished, and his INCREDULOUS guy is leading the Blood Games with 5 points of advance over Caine and 6 over Belgarad and Zmash !!

Power Ragers can do it ! Go Ziggler, go !

My own 2H-Rager Larshamir scored his first win against Eruption today, I was quite proud !
    Last edited by Narol; 03-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.

All depends on if he can keep from dieing to Caine at some point I have a long ass post prepared for this conversation that i have been thinking about all day, i'll throw it up here in a second