Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi, I'm a newb, so I'm confused about the currency...

Like, I have thousands of those gold coins, but not much silver and no skulls. What's the purpose of all of them and how do I get the skulls?

Also, I can't set an avatar- exactly why is that?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!!

Skulls are fight tokens, you get 1 every 6 hours and they allow you to do free fights against other gladiators. Additional fights cost trophees (the eggs).

You can use gold and silver to buy weapons and armors, heal the wounds of your gladiator, repair their gear and buy 1-2 improvements that give them some sort of specific bonus depending of the achievements that you have unlocked.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Veteran Master
    Pretty much gold is the currency of the game with 100 silver = 1 gold.

Trophies are the premium currency which can be bought in the bank for real cash, earned by killing opponents in arena, beating arena challenges and also buying 1 free one per day from the exchange in the bank for 150g.
    Last edited by BlkTmplr; 03-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Skulls are fight tokens, you get 1 every 6 hours and they allow you to do free fights against other gladiators. Additional fights cost trophees (the eggs).
    Eggs? I'm pretty sure those are skulls with gems in them.

Trophies are the premium currency. You buy them with real cash, or find them in the game from time to time. The bank allows you to exchange gold for 1 trophy each day. Gold is the free currency that you'll find and is mostly used to heal injuries, repair your gear, buy new slaves and buy green items. Some of the stable upgrades can be had for gold only.

Fight tokens look like a coin with the face of a skull in them and those are handed out every 6 hours.

There are no avatars per se. The picture represents the gladiator's gender and specialty. There is no "You" in this game. YOU are the "Master" or in old Roman times "Lanista", the behind the scenes guy or girl who buys slaves has them trained into gladiators and profits from their results.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 03-11-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

bwahahaha eggs!
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 03-11-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: from now on they are called eggs lol
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

oops you're right trophies symbol are decorated skulls..

But if you don't look closely or have a bad resolution, they just look like painted easter eggs, which I find quite fitting...

At the contrary, the fight tokens are red disks with a skull drawing on them. Don't confuse the two...

You can see your stock of fight tokens on the page "arena gate".

Also of note, the trophies and gold are collective to your stable when the fight tokens are separate for each gladiator when you have more than one.
    Last edited by Narol; 03-11-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Hi i'm a 5 days old noob and the game is pretty cool... but am i just dumb or blind or i do not find the place or button to exchange my daily trophy at the bank for 15 gold?

the gold for throphy exchange was taken out a few weeks ago. There are 2 methodes of earning free thophies, the refer a friend program, or beating the arena challenges. Beating the arena challenges gives you 1 thropy for each win after tier 1. The recruiting program can give you more.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Ok... that pretty much sucks. As i see the quick levelling curve is probably also calculated so to make you feel you're gonna get far without, bat as soon as i reached elite, glads start getting harder and get killed more often, just to make sure you get tempted to buy. I kinda liked the idea of grinding long time to get some trophies, i'm a patient guy, and i even tought of buying some. But for real, when you have kids to feed, you don't spend money on "air", on virtual training points for your virtual gladiators. This sucks as i'll probably quit this game once i've reached this virtual plateau.

Not sure what "Plateau"?? The premium currency looks like it is to speed things up for the most part. You can buy even blue weapons and armor with just regular gold, It looks like the Armory is increased with just regular gold, the Mortician seems to be regular gold for at least the first level. It doesn't look like there is anything you NEED to spend the premium trophies on.

Increasing the size of your barracks I guess, but grinding 1 guy up slow and steady with just gold would probably net you enough trophies to unlock those items eventually (Specially if you participate in the arena challenges). From what I see all the premium trophies do is add speed to your progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Forge View Post
    Ok... that pretty much sucks. As i see the quick levelling curve is probably also calculated so to make you feel you're gonna get far without, bat as soon as i reached elite, glads start getting harder and get killed more often, just to make sure you get tempted to buy. I kinda liked the idea of grinding long time to get some trophies, i'm a patient guy, and i even tought of buying some. But for real, when you have kids to feed, you don't spend money on "air", on virtual training points for your virtual gladiators. This sucks as i'll probably quit this game once i've reached this virtual plateau.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If you constantly have issues getting all your ducks in a row, GET SMARTER DUCKS.” ~Me

Seraphim - Manager of Arcanum and Arcanna