Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Slave
    WHat is the meaning to ressurect your hero? I lost already 550g on him to res. him twice. And becouse of his res sicknes im dead again...
    If I'm dead I will res automatically after 24h and I will be cured from res sicknes? Or I must again and again res him with my money and always watching his defet in every battle and counting on a luck that he will win and will survive 24h to get rid of his res sicknes?

And another question why every time when I made quest in Tavern another one give me less XP and gold? I spend this same amount of energy so reward should be the same or atleast approximately the same
    Last edited by yawa; 01-11-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Most people in this day and age don't like the idea of permanent death in a game, so the meaning behind resurrecting your gladiator is so you can still play with him. You don't have to though, you can choose to sell him at the Slave Market if you don't want to use him anymore.

Death sickness is a penalty for dying. If there was no penalty then there would no consequence whatsoever of having been killed since a player has the ability to resurrect their gladiators. It is a simple game mechanic to make death meaningful. You have ways to prevent Death Sickness, go to your Stable Upgrades section and go to the STAFF link and hire an Undertaker, he will reduce the penalty and eventually prevent it.

If you are dead you will not resurrect automatically after 24 hours, you must go to the Temple and ask the Elders to raise him. 24 hours after raising him his death sickness will be cured on its own.

The tavern quest XP and reward vary based on how much the person giving you the job wants to pay (some are richer than others). Sometimes they had a bad week and business was poor so they couldn't offer more. Other times there are so many eager gladiators who want to do jobs that the supply is high so they can offer less. If it is raining you might get paid more because then you have to pay to have your clothes dried, if it is really hot and sunny you might get paid more so you can afford to buy sunscreen since we all know it can help to prevent skin cancer. In the winter time you usually have to pay extra for a dog sleigh so the reward is more. Holiday's pay triple since the local union demands it and each year depending on where your gladiator is from you'll get up to 3 weeks of paid vacation and will not have to do any jobs.

-Nate-