PDA

View Full Version : Kill Shot

crow
02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to ask a few of the other managers about this fight style. I have been trying this all sorts of ways, and can not seem to get it to work. I have noticed that beserk hits much harder than this style and of course much more often. Does anyone out there have any good uses for it. Seems to me to be a very poor fighting style. I'm open to advice and suggestions on this. Let me know what y'all think.

Cynaidh
02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I use it with my two-handed rage as my stratagy 4 for when my glad is about to quit (last stand fires off right before this i have found). Can see it as below, that's a Kill Shot attack.

EL STUPIDO gets stepped on as he tries to stand!
HUUSE picks himself up off the ground!
>> HUUSE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 4
HUUSE moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
HUUSE looks to destroy his opponent with his SOULWOOD SLEDGE HAMMER.
HUUSE looks to seriously damage EL STUPIDO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
Internal organs are mashed by the beastly shot! (+1086 Damage)

Now with duel wield rage it doesn't seem to work, or at least not for me, i end up not attacking, not sure what the difference is between the two.

Apoca1ypse
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
killshot is pretty bad. the only use I have for it is with a 2H rage Last Stand. set a strategy of 10/10 Killshot "when my health is really low" so that you get a killshot swing off a Last Stand proc.

Temuri
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
agree.. on dw kill shot is fail, lost some fights before realised it, when enemy was on low health was switching to killshot for kills, and lost fights for that :D realy big minus in iniciative

crow
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I tested using only kill shot on different activity levels and bloodlusts.. then did the same with with beserk. Beserk hit consistantly harder and of course way more often. Did find that it did cause more knockdowns though. Also it did slow down the counter striking theatrics a bit.

Narol
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Logical, as counterstrikers seems to get additional attacks in function of the number of attacks you make (which makes them the perfect nemesis for Berserkers). If you use Killshot you attack less so give them less additional attacks...

If only Killshot damage was significantly higher compared to Berserk or if Killshot offered some defense, that could be worth it...

Apoca1ypse
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I tested using only kill shot on different activity levels and bloodlusts.. then did the same with with beserk. Beserk hit consistantly harder and of course way more often. Did find that it did cause more knockdowns though. Also it did slow down the counter striking theatrics a bit.

KS only has applications against counterstrikers. it's pretty naff otherwise. if a theatrics is well set, running KS still wont help. (that or i'm doing something wrong)

If only Killshot damage was significantly higher compared to Berserk or if Killshot offered some defense, that could be worth it...

2H KS only swings once every 1-3 and even if the damage was doubled I doubt i'd use it because Create Distance is too much of a boogeyman.

As for giving defense, it'd have to give a buttload to make up for the paper thin armor...

Narol
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Btw, It doesn't make sense for me that Create Distance doesn't work when you are in Berserk or Killshot strategy... The chance of success should be based on your strenght and intellect only, not on your defensive power as it's not a parry but another form of defense...

Apoca1ypse
03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
If you're using an offensive strategy, you wont use a defensive ability. hence CD is pointless for rage, but Feint is good.

think of it this way; if a guy is going off his nut on drugs and simply wants to F you up without care for himself, he isnt going to bother dodging. 'zerk is like that. your glad wants to demolish his opponent w/o care for himself.

Kill shot is similar in that you try to 1 hit your opponent into oblivion, which is still highly aggressive, but because you're not a completely rabid retard, you're going to have some self preservation instinct. CD does in fact trigger on the odd occasion when using kill shot, but not often enough to make it viable. Also this is a rager we're talking about, where they do fall into the batsh!t crazy category and dont care for themselves, only blood and glory.

CaineDeSoulis
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Killshot is killing more than berserk :). I'm currently testing Killshot 1/10 to see if Sedris can score consistant 2k hits.

Kid Arcane
04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Like all skills, it seems that some fighters like it more (and use it more and to better effect) than others. I have run a few Rage warriors; running two now. Both will use Kill Shot when Last Stand has been triggered, but only one will consistantly hit with tons of damage. The other may trigger, but still gets pounded on anyway, or only does mediocre damage. What are the factors that cause one Rage warrior to generally have success with KS, and another to generally fail when using this tactic? Is it luck? Race? Armor? Agility? The enemy's fighting style? Activity level? The enemy's activity level? Kill Desire? Well, yeah, probably all those things and a few dozen others I haven't thought of. I tinker with my strategies all the time, and I take note what strategies my fighters prefer and what they don't. I then capitalize on just those that they prefer. I wasted a lot of skills figuring that out! For instance, if I have Barreling Attack at level 3 and the fighter rarely uses it, I know that I shouldn't waste skills on it. If I have Feint at level two and my fighter ALWAYS uses this in the first or second minute, I know I have to pump this strategy as much as possible, as SOON as possible, because it's something this fighter prefers. I don't actually know WHY or HOW this happens, I just recognize it and act on it. For what this is worth, my opinion is that you just try it at level 2 and set it to trigger right after Last Stand (it's almost never going to happen otherwise). It should be set at WHEN I AM SERIOUSLY WOUNDED, and I would run activity 4 or 5 and Kill Desire at 10. See what happens. BTW, higher activity levels do take away from the damage Kill Shot doles out.