PDA

View Full Version : why did i forget to copy my post first?

Sierra11A
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
ok, I will try to be as nice about this as possable considering i just lost the majority of an addition to a recent rp post I started. Why...oh why do I not stay signed into the forums untill I am done doing what I have to do? It is rather aggrevating when I put a lot of time and tohught into a post (especially since I am not the best when it comes to wording things) only to lose it because I am being asked to sign in as a result of timing out. Yes there is the auto save, except not all of of my recent addition got saved, and when it comes to my writting, the first edition is usually the best, with every copy after, being worst and worst. I would appreciate, if the time out function were either disabled or a message appears notifying the member that they are about to time out. Because there have been times, this being one of them, where I forget that there is a time out.........catch, to the forums.

Thank you.

Cynaidh
02-25-2012, 01:21 PM
It does log you out quick, I have just gotten in the habit of doing Control-A, Control-C before i hit submit reply, however if you type your username and password in when it says your not logged in, it does post your message I have found.

Sierra11A
02-25-2012, 01:24 PM
so if I wanted, prior to submiting my post/ reply, I should check to see if im still logged in or not, and if not, log back in and my post/ reply will have been submitted?

BlkTmplr
02-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Usually there is a "Keep Me Signed In" button for me when I log in, if you tick it then you shouldn't time out. If you look at the members online list you will see me there 50% of the day since I need to be online and I always have this idle... It's never logged me out. :D

Sierra11A
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
hmm, yeah, im only getting the remember me option on the sign in page

Cynaidh
02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
For me Sierra when i post and i it has logged me out, it jumps to the screen saying your not logged in with a place for a username/password if i put them in there and log in it posts my post. It doesn't actually tell you it's doing that but it seems to always work.

Sierra11A
02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
hmm, yeah that didnt happen with me, I tried posting and it brought me to the sign in page, with a message saying I need to sign back in. When I did, my addition was gone