PDA

View Full Version : What the **** happened with leveling up? Did they make tweaks again?

Malkav
02-22-2012, 09:11 AM
So I am having much more Xs than Vs when training a skill. Even when the chance is 80 percent it takes a couple of skillpoints to level up. My rage is now leveling up Last Stand and he has 42.8% chance of a V (a.k.a. successfull skillpoint investment) I have put 26 points in it before it went up one time.

Now this has nothing to do with luck anymore. In the beginning this was never the case. They really should take a look at the percentage because right now it is completely ****** :)

Sorry but it is driving me a little insane and it really doesn't look fair anymore. My Theatrics has 11% left for 9 to 10 in weapon skill and he even hits more successfull ones.

So are you guys tweaking and testing level up system or something?

Regards,

Malkav

Kreegan
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
My Theatrics has 11% left for 9 to 10 in weapon skill and he even hits more successfull ones.Well, that's you, I have a War who's trying to get his weapon from 9 to 10 for some 10 days now and so far I've wasted 60-70 training points to get it to 70% (initially the chance was 9.8%, now it is 7.8%). I don't think it's luck-related but I'm curious how success/failure formula works. Normally, if you have 50% chance to level something up, you should be able to score 50 "hits" out of each 100 attempts. Don't know if this is the case here though.

crow
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
That is the way it goes when you are going from 8-9 and especially 9-10. The law of large numbers which Nate posted on these forums last year explains all about it. Basically every roll is a new chance absent the others. So you could go 100 rolls and not land a train, whereas I have had times where I landed 3-4 consecutive rolls all of less than 8%. The amount of training points given makes this much easier now.

HipsterD
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I had 7 rolls under 6.2 yesterday out of 26. 4 of which were <1...of course I wasn't training anything that could have used that sort of success. It all evens out in the end...in theory.

Dainoji
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Looks like it is time to re-educate everyone with our friend "The Law of Large Numbers".

Read, learn and enjoy and never wonder again what is going on! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

Team Ziggler
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
also, you can't help but think that the success rate has also been purposely dropped due to the fact that instead of 7 or so training points a day as it used to be, has been increased to something more in the realm of 30. aka about roughly about 5 or so days of old school training every 24 hours.

That was back in the day when getting a skill to ten effing MEANT something. :)

Nate
02-24-2012, 07:19 PM
also, you can't help but think that the success rate has also been purposely dropped due to the fact that instead of 7 or so training points a day as it used to be, has been increased to something more in the realm of 30. aka about roughly about 5 or so days of old school training every 24 hours.

Nothing changed.