PDA

View Full Version : Prone?

DraxtR
02-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Can somebody explain to me how to PRONE someone, do I aim for the legs or the torso?

beamyja
02-19-2012, 07:32 AM
This is a random event actually.

However, I've had some successful hits to drop the enemy by aiming at the head and torso (never tried legs).

There are ways in which you can use skills to help you achieve this, the cheapest way would be training in the rage skill "barreling attack" which helps you put your opponent in the ground (it triggers pretty often even at low level 2-3 would happen at least once every fight for me).

Or if you are a theatric minded, then you can also take up "signature move", train 1 point and see if you get which effect, then reroll until you get what you want which is sweep, this is a rather costly process because you have to go by training 10 theatric skills first. (iron jaw is a good skill to get if you are going to do this, while "called shot" so far hasn't been that useful for me).

I assume you are running a war gladiator and trying to maximize the effect of "death from above"?

So far I have had a few warriors 2 with and 1 without "death from above" and it appears to be that the damage increase is not that great, so just a heads up in this matter.

As for now, I would recommend you to train up your weapon skill (everyone says this because it is the best start up skill, I would also put a point in a few other skills as well before climbing that slope). And by the time you get up to lv 10 weapon skills (around lv 18-22 depending on your stats and luck), you should be well into determining where to hit to drop your opponent to the group.

PS. I have used both dual wields and 2h weapons and it seems as though 2h weapons are much more efficient at dropping the opponent to the ground ... not so surprising right?

BlkTmplr
02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Only thing I've really got to add is that training one point into Sig Move and then removing it wont change what it becomes next time you train that first level. Your glad has a preset move or it is selected for them when you first train the skill and there are only rare events that they ever use anything different (be it Sweep, Blind, Stun or Disarm).

beamyja
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
BlkTmplr

I have spent those trophies to untrain it and and it works (as of 18th FEB 2012) so if there were changes within 2 days about this then what you stated might have been the case. But seriously though, the most skill that comes out of the signature move is blind and disarm, which might be why you say it doesnt change as you can get the same skill (i had to reset it 6 times to get stun which I wanted, in that, blind came up 3 times and the other times were disarm, and finally got stun).

Plus, this is a more expensive way TP wise to get sweep anyway, so get barrelling attack! (it is much more reliable as well even at low level)

BlkTmplr
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I've never tried to reset a Sig Move myself so I can't say I'm talking from personal experience but I did read in an extensive thread somewhere here on the forum that the older Stable Masters tested resetting the skill and found after many many Trophies that they couldn't change it. 0_o

beamyja
02-20-2012, 04:24 AM
yep, there are threads that says you can and can not change the signature moves, one way to find out is to try it (and pay the price).

DraxtR
02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I also forgot to ask, when my gladiator is prone, does increasing my activity level help to get him off the ground faster? And where do people usually aim for when I'm prone (so I can defend, I already aim for their legs when I'm prone)

beamyja
02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
that is a good question.

It does seem like my theatrics do get up faster than my war glads, so activity level does help, but endurance also has an impact on whether you actually get up or gets knocked back down/slip and fall or whatever the text says.

And as for targeting I haven't had the chance to play around prone enemies yet, because I don't really see the effect, so I tend to stick to other event triggers (endurance level and HP). If you think literally being on the ground there are different directions your body can lie down ... ie, their head or legs can be nearer to you, so I would assume that hitting the torso or either arms are the best bet, as they are somewhat in the middle section of the body, given that the possibilities of inflicting damage would be higher as opposed to over extending and losing some accuracy and power. Therefore, if my oponent is down i would go for the torso (if I do select this event trigger).

Aiming for their legs is a logical choice, nothing wrong with that (I would too if I was down)