PDA

View Full Version : Take some of the luck out of getting a good slave

Cynaidh
02-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Does anyone else think it takes way too much luck to get a good slave? Now i have had more then my share of good luck getting good slaves but it seems like their should be a better way then spending 200 trophies and never seeing a slave above 960g but then the next day spending another 200 trophies and seeing three slaves over 1000g (yes both have happened to me). Its also seems very weird to me to have this private "pool" of slaves that no one else can see for each manager.

So what i'd like to suggest would be to add a room to the Black Market, The Flesh Pens.

The Flesh Pens would have a door fee like the Chamber of Power, that you would have to pay each time you entered, i would go with something around 2500g, a number that makes you think twice about coming in everyday. The Pens would have a set number of cages, say 5, and in these cages would be exceptional slaves (950g - 1100g range)/beginning gladiators (glads with good starting stats (900-1050g and 5-15 trained skills, these are slaves who don't have a trained style of fighting but have picked up stuff before they where slaves or by fighting other slaves, natural born fighters) that are for sell, these 5 slaves/glads would be the same for all managers, they would have a set "starting price" in trophies/gold, they would be expensive taking a combo of trophies/gold to buy, each one of these slaves/glads would be available for 24 hours to be bid on, to make a bid on a slave/glad you would first pay the "starting price" and then add a kicker (in a mix of trophies/gold - trophies would have a set conversion rate, say 250 each, gold would be 1 for 1, so a kicker of 20 trophies and 10000 gold would count as a value 15000 to winning the auction), this would be a closed bid so the manager who offers the largest kicker value wins the slave/glad, you would not know what other managers have bid (it just keeps it friendly, no one can try to pick on others, you'd have no idea who is bidding just a counter of how many people are bidding on this glad). If you win a glad you would have 48 hours afterwards to make room in your stable and claim him. If you loose your trophies/gold would be given back to you except the door fee of course.

I think this would give us two distinct ways of getting new slaves, going for luck in the Slave Market, or going to the Flesh Pens where you know you'll see good slaves but they are more expensive, and other managers might be bidding on the same slave as you.

The second function of the flesh pens is that a manager can "rent" one of the cages for a set fee (say 10k gold per day) and place one of their existing glads up for sell, the manager would be able to set the "starting price" and then that glad would be available for bidding for as many days as the manager paid for. The Flesh pen manager would take care of all bids and advertising for you for a reasonable fee of 10% of what the glad sells for. If the glad sells the trophies/gold would be credited to your account, if the glad doesn't sell it goes back into your roster and your out your "rent" amount.

Anyways just an idea :) Could be a fun system.

BlkTmplr
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Well thought through, I like it.

urk
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
great idea =D

Apoca1ypse
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I quite like that concept. could be fun :)

alternatively, the simple fix is to allow new slaves to be seen for 50gp instead of 1 trophy

HipsterD
02-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I like it. I just don't care for the trophy system. I don't mind spending some money for the entertainment, but it's hard to justify some of the costs. I like Apoca1pse's 50 gold version the best:)

Kanade
02-26-2012, 01:43 AM
It looks like the chance to get a slave with a price over 1000 gold is ridiculously low. You can easily spend a whole life not seeing one. This really needs to be changed :)

Garlic88
04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
This is a really cool idea! On my 2nd day playing i burnt all my trophies looking for a 2nd slave but each refresh was worse than the last. Just like to add that the flesh pens should have various tiers, so that even if you've been playing a week you can still bid for a good glad... just not as good as the top tiers of course!

Of course this would lead to an explosion of powerful gladiators rising up and crushing all the newbies, potentially putting them off. It's always disheartening when you're fighting a fellow lvl 8 who's decked out in purple gear :(