PDA

View Full Version : Tier 5 Arena Challenges

Apoca1ypse
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
This is the 5th tier and every opponent is tough.

Kudos go to Riggen who collected nearly all of this data post update (which had rendered the old info useless)

Conquest

Specialty: Rage
Race: Human
HP:
Endurance:

108 Strength
90 Intellect
90 Agility
101 Stamina
80 Size
113 Presence
100 Chi

Gear:
He wields a blue two handed greatsword. He wears an epic helm, epic chest, blue arms and blue legs.

Fighting Style:
Uses berserk and hits kinda hard. He uses Barreling Attack and Sunder Armour.

Beating Him:
All you need to do here is outswing him. He's pretty squishy and doesn't hit extremely hard even on light armour. Should be easy to take down with fast weps. Most things should beat him.

War

Specialty: War
Race: Elaar
HP: 1386
Endurance: 95

95 Strength
97 Intellect
97 Agility
95 Stamina
82 Size
111 Presence
98 Chi

Gear:
He wields a single, epic, one-handed sword. He wears a blue medium armour helmet, blue medium armour arms, epic heavy armour chest and epic heavy armour legs.

Fighting Style:
I think he's set to parry-slash or such, as he is hard to hit. He also hits very fast and decently hard. I haven't seen him proc any skills.

Beating him:
Aim for the arms, I don't really know how theatrics gets through him, but I guess wars can duke it out with him, or try to outlast him if you've got dumb amounts of stamina. For ragers, just beat the snot out of him and mess around with endurance triggers to you dont tire out too fast. His health is low due to his race so use that to your advantage

Famine

HP: 1712
Endurance: 113

106 Strength
111 Intellect
99 Agility
93 Stamina
84 Size
97 Presence
109 Chi

Gear:
2x Blue blades and blue armor all round bar epic weapon arm and front leg.

Fighting Style:
DW Speed rage. He uses Adrenaline Rush, Sunder Armour, Barreling Attack, Crippling Might, and Death From Above.

Beating Him:
This guy can be pretty challenging to lightly armoured opponents, he seems particularly nasty vs other rages, since he's really quick, and a first round Adrenaline Rush from his side pretty much spells game over for you. Warriors can likely simply pummel him down if they go offensive enough, while theatrics might rely on fast weapons, bleeds and counter-attack.

Hunger

HP: 2060
Endurance: 117

115 Strength
101 Intellect
113 Agility
97 Stamina
86 Size
129 Presence
93 Chi

Gear:
He wields an epic two-handed sword. He wears light armour all round bar medium armour on his weapon arm and torso. gear is purple, bar blue torso, shield arm and back leg.

Fighting Style:
This guy has a tank strategy set up for the very first round. After causing your rampage to obviously hit for 2-3 damage, he will go absolutely APESHIT and attack very fast and very hard. He uses Death From Above, Feint and Warcry.

Beating Him:
His armour is pretty light, so we can take advantage of this by aiming for the head, back leg or shield arm. A very defensive gladiator with unreasonable stamina could probably outlast him and theatrics might try a KO build and aim for his head, light armour on it. Bleeds would be easy to apply as well, since he doesn't wear heavy armour. If you run an offensive gladiator, especially a 2H rage, make sure to work around his round 1 tanking. make a 2/2 strat for round 1 or start of fight so that you dont waste your rampage etc. then set yourself to go nuts round 2 onwards.

Plague

Specialty: Theatrics
HP: 2396
Endurance: 135

110 Strength
90 Intellect
96 Agility
116 Stamina
88 Size
105 Presence
115 Chi

Gear:
He wields a blue one handed battle axe and an epic tower shield, while wearing a full set of epic medium armour.

Fighting Style:
You can basically consider this monster to be a tank. A theatrics tank that is parrying. He deals rather low damage, and is next to impossible to hit. He uses Strength of the Crowd and Feint.

Beating Him:
Treat him like you would a tank, you could try to out-tank him, if you somehow have a bajilion endurance. Otherwise, lower your settings, try to bleed him. Ragers can go the direct rout of breaking him open with huge hits.

Pestilence

Race: Unknown
HP: 3139
Endurance: 104

123 Strength
104 Intellect
98 Agility
104 Stamina
90 Size
121 Presence
111 Chi

Gear:
Epic main hand club and blue off hand club. He wears an epic head and blue light armour everywhere else.

Fighting Style:
Power rage. He will try to beat the hell out of you, but really he's kinda whimpy. He uses Barreling attack, Sunder Armour and Death From Above.

Beating Him:

Arms and torso have weakest armor so hit those. Dies pretty easily, especially to speed builds

Sorrow

Race:
HP: 2652
Endurance: 117

132 Strength
104 Intellect
105 Agility
97 Stamina
92 Size
101 Presence
144 Chi

Gear:
Epic Polearm. Armor Light with exception of heavy armour on his head. Arms and front leg are epic, while the rest are blues.

Fighting Style:
His initiative is rather weak, but once he starts hitting, he hits pretty fast. I haven't seen any defensive play on his side. I've seen him use Barreling Attack and Adrenaline Rush.

Beating Him:
Pretty easy fight overall, light armour on a war gladiator is as bad as it sounds. Aim for his back leg and just swing away at him, most things should defeat him.

Armageddon

HP: 3016
Endurance: 129

134 Strength
94 Intellect
116 Agility
109 Stamina
94 Size
105 Presence
116 Chi

Gear:
Single blue 1H axe. weapon arm and legs are epic while the rest are blues. all his armour is medium with exception of his head, which is light.

Fighting Style:
He hits hard and fast, he might be parrying or counter-attacking, since he's really hard to hit. I've seen him use Signature Moves, Surprise Ending and Hamstring.

Beating Him:
I can see high level wars tanking him down while theatrics should get there with enough bleeding. Ragers might be screwed for a bit, but should be able to get there with enough swinging. Rampage and Crippling Might will be your friend.

Judgement

HP: 2797
Endurance: 125

111 Strength
126 Intellect
110 Agility
105 Stamina
96 Size
113 Presence
133 Chi

Gear:
Epic mace and kite shield. All his armour is heavy and purple. The exception is his head, which is blue.

Fighting Style:
He's extremely defensive and mitigates crap-tons of damage. Once he gets to 1/3 health he will change strat and become very offensive. He uses Barreling Attack and Adrenaline Rush.

Beating Him:
Upgrade your endurance as much as possible, set your activity level and maybe even bloodlust lower and try really really hard. He will eventually fall. Theatrics can get good results with bleeds. Out-tanking him will definitely be hard, while berserking might be a bad idea unless you have dumb amounts of stamina.

Apocalypse

This guy is a jerk who just wants to steal my name :P

Race: Unknown
HP: 3661
Endurance: 148

Strength
Intellect
Agility
Stamina
Size
Presence
Chi

Gear:

Fighting Style:

Beating Him:

He has crazy initiative so it's hard to get the jump on him. More people have beaten him through a lucky KO than by reducing him to zero HP. 2H glads may want to try 4/4 Killshot as their strategy against him, but I have not managed it with a sniveler yet, only an 1800hp dunder.

urk
02-18-2012, 07:17 AM
what happens when u beat all tiers.

BlkTmplr
02-18-2012, 08:07 AM
/End game. ;)

Apoca1ypse
02-18-2012, 01:11 PM
you get a message saying that the next tier will unlock soon.

Apoca1ypse
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
updated with info for pestilence and sorrow

Apoca1ypse
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, Arg just finally beat Apocalypse using 4/4 Killshot. I wonder if other 2H ragers can get that to work for them.

Arg was a str/stam/chi dunder with 1800hp if that helps anyone. I dont think the same strat would help a sniveler due to low HP...

riggen
01-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Time to waddle around tier 5. Conquest!

Stats

Human Rage Gladiator

108 Strength
90 Intellect
90 Agility
101 Stamina
80 Size
113 Presence
100 Chi

Gear:
He wields a blue two handed greatsword. He wears an epic helm, epic chest, blue arms and blue legs.

Fighting Style:
He's probably berserking. Hits kinda hard. He uses Barreling Attack and Sunder Armour. He seems hard to hit(missed 3 hits against him? could've twoshotted him but noooooo)

Beating Him:
All you need to do here is outswing him. He's pretty squishy and doesn't hit extremely hard even on light armour. Should be easy to take down with fast weps. Most things should beat him.

riggen
01-24-2013, 03:23 AM
After miraculously not having ress sickness for 2 consecutive minutes, Bor Ironfist has progressed! I bring you War!

Stats:

Elaar War Gladiator

95 Strength
97 Intellect
97 Agility
95 Stamina
82 Size
111 Presence
98 Chi

He's level 42 and has 1386 Health and 95 Endurance

Gear:
He wields a single, epic, one-handed sword. He wears a blue medium armour helmet, blue medium armour arms, epic heavy armour chest and epic heavy armour legs.

Fighting Style:
I think he's set to parry-slash or such, as he is hard to hit. He also hits very fast and decently hard. I haven't seen him proc any skills.

Beating him:
Aim for the arms, I don't really know how theatrics gets through him, but I guess wars can duke it out with him, or try to outlast him if you've got dumb amounts of stamina. For ragers, I think Annihilate might help, as well as lots of attack power. Will update when I know more.

riggen
02-10-2013, 01:36 PM
And just when I wouldn't have expected, some random huge rampage hit takes down War. Now to move on to his next friend, Famine.

Stats

Human Rage Gladiator

106 Strength
111 Intellect
99 Agility
93 Stamina
84 Size
97 Presence
109 Chi

He's level 41 and has 1712 Health and 113 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields a pair of blue one-handed swords. He wears a blue helmet, blue chest, epic weapon arm, blue shield-arm, epic front leg and blue back leg. All of him armour is light.

Fighting Style:
He hits moderately hard, but very fast. He uses Adrenaline Rush, Sunder Armour, Barreling Attack, Crippling Might, and Death From Above.

Beating Him:
This guy can be pretty challenging to lightly armoured opponents, he seems particularly nasty vs other rages, since he's really quick, and a first round Adrenaline Rush from his side pretty much spells game over for you. Warriors can likely simply pummel him down if they go offensive enough, while theatrics might rely on fast weapons, bleeds and counter-attack.

riggen
02-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Let us discuss Hunger, sirs.

Stats

Human War Gladiator

115 Strength
101 Intellect
113 Agility
97 Stamina
86 Size
129 Presence
93 Chi

He's level 43 and has 2060 Health and 117 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields an epic two-handed sword. He wears an epic light armour head, epic medium armour weapon arm, blue light armour shield arm, blue medium armour chest, epic light armour front leg and blue light armour back leg.

Fighting Style:
This guy definitely has a tank strategy set up for the very first round. After causing your rampage to obviously hit for 2-3 damage, he will go absolutely APESHIT and attack very fast and very hard. He uses Death From Above, Feint and Warcry.

Beating Him:
Welp, this is a tough one IMO. His armour is pretty light, so we can take advantage of this by aiming for the head, back leg or shield arm. A very defensive gladiator with unreasonable stamina could probably outlast him, however, actually going ham on him seems to be really hard, He absolutely destroyed my rage. Theatrics might try a KO build and aim for his head, light armour on it. Bleeds would be easy to apply as well, since he doesn't wear heavy armour.

Apoca1ypse
02-13-2013, 06:18 PM
ok, starting to update these now that info post update is coming in

riggen
02-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Today, I bring you Plague(who will horribly murder my gladiator, of course.)

Stats

Human Theatrics Gladiator

110 Strength
90 Intellect
96 Agility
116 Stamina
88 Size
105 Presence
115 Chi

He's level 42 and has 2396 Health and 136 Endurance

Gear:
He wields a blue one handed battle axe and an epic tower shield, while wearing a full set of epic medium armour.

Fighting Style:
You can basically consider this monster to be a tank. A theatrics tank. I asume he's either counter-attacking or parrying. He deals rather low damage, and is next to impossible to hit. He uses Strength of the Crowd and Feint, as far as I know.

Beating Him:
Treat him like you would a tank, you could try to out-tank him, if you somehow have a bajilion endurance, otherwise, lower your settings, try to bleed him, someone please help me I have no ideea how this guy is possible :(. I can assume that a high amount of attack power, as well as Brute Force and Blood Drunk from the Rage tree would help.

Apoca1ypse
02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
riggen, if you're having issues beating him with a rager, dev. power can make a huge difference, as will crippling might. endurance achievements will help too.

riggen
04-01-2013, 08:43 AM
After some kind of miracle happening and Bor Ironfist defeating Plague, I bring thee, PESTILENCE!

Stats:

Unknown Rage Gladiator (Looks like a tyranid to me)

123 Strength
104 Intellect
98 Agility
104 Stamina
90 Size
121 Presence
111 Chi

He's level 43 and has 3139 Health and 104 Endurance.

Gear:
He wears an epic head and blue everything else, light armour, of course, while wielding and epic club and a blue morning star.

Fighting Style:
He seems to hit rather wimpy, and not fast at all, might be bashing or such. I've seen him use Barreling Attack and Death From Above

Beating Him:
He seems pretty wimpy for a power rager, but treat him like one anyhow, smack away at his legs or arms preferably and he'll go down, eventually. His armor isn't very protective at all.

riggen
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Today's subject, Sorrow!

Stats

Human War Gladiator

132 Strength
104 Intellect
105 Agility
97 Stamina
92 Size
101 Presence
144 Chi

He's level 44 and has 2652 Health and 117 Endurance.

Gear:
He wears a blue heavy armour helmet, epic light armour hands, blue light armour chest, epic light armour front leg and blue light armour back leg. He wields an epic Halberd.

Fighting Style:
His initiative is rather weak, but once he starts hitting, he hits pretty fast. I haven't seen any defensive play on his side. I've seen him use Barreling Attack and Adrenaline Rush.

Beating Him:
Pretty easy fight overall, light armour on a war gladiator is as bad as it sounds. Aim for his back leg and just swing away at him, most things should defeat him.

riggen
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
For today, I bring you Armageddon!

Stats:

Human Theatrics Gladiator

134 Strength
94 Intellect
116 Agility
109 Stamina
94 Size
105 Presence
116 Chi

He's level 45 and has 3016 Health and 129 Endurance

Gear:
He wields a single blue battle axe. He wears a blue head, blue chest, blue shield arm, epic weapon arm, epic front leg and blue back leg. All of his armour is medium, except for the head, which is light.

Fighting Style:
He hits hard and fast, he might be parrying or counter-attacking, since he's really hard to hit. I've seen him use Signature Moves, Surprise Ending and Hamstring.

Beating Him:
What is this, I don't even! This fighter makes no sense, he's stronger than he should be, by the looks of it. I can see high level wars tanking him down while theatrics should get there with enough bleeding. Ragers might be screwed for a bit, should be able to get there with a few tweaks. I recommend Crippling Might as high as possible for his kind.

riggen
04-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Today's horrible nightmare is Judgement!

Stats

Human War Gladiator

111 Strength
126 Intellect
110 Agility
105 Stamina
96 Size
113 Presence
133 Chi

He's level 44 and has 2797 Health and 125 Endurance.

Gear:
He wears a blue helmet, everything else is epic :P. All of it is heavy. He wields an epic mace and epic kite shield.

Fighting Style:
He's extremely defensive and mitigates crap-tons of damage.. I haven't seen him proc any skills as of now and his damage is utterly pathetic.

Beating him:
Upgrade your endurance as much as possible, set your activity level and maybe even bloodlust lower and try really really hard. He will eventually fall. I'm sure theatrics can get good results with bleeds, his health isn't so huge. Out-tanking him will definitely be hard, while berserking might be a bad ideea unless you have dumb amounts of stamina.

Apoca1ypse
04-10-2013, 08:30 AM
OK, I just gave this all a MASSIVE update with riggens info and my own. Just need the boss' info now.

FrosteeFyre
09-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh my god, Plague vs my DW blades War, WHY PLAGUE WHY?!

Kuljem
01-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Guys, any advice on how to beat Plague?
That guy is impossible to hit. Literally. No idea what to do...
I use Speed Theatrics(with knockout).

Flash
01-09-2015, 01:39 PM
this is a normal problem for gladiators fighting with agility based weapons. U need a lot of attack power to beat plague, if u fight offensive .

Megamieuwsel
06-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Got Plague down twice now; Bot lvl 51 Agi-builds (War and Theatrics-that's-kinda-bleeder)
Looks like high activity is the key here; In both cases I set activity to 8, Bloodlust to 4 and aimed for the weakest piece of armour(forgot which one, but I think it's the helmet)

And now that War of mine gets beaten by Sorrow?!?!...
I'm such a n00b...

Megamieuwsel
09-04-2016, 02:47 AM
Apocalypse

Some additional Info, I hope Apoc can edit in (if he's still around...)

Stat-modifiers by gear:
Str- +27
Int- +0
Agi- +30
Sta- +22
Pre- +21
Chi- +14

Attack Power- +48
Defense- +34

Standing 7'9" Tall and weighing in at 416 lbs.

All gear is Epic (I think; being colour-blind makes it impossible for me to tell between these "purples" and "blues" in this game...) Medium Armour. Forgot the weapons, but will add them later.
Head, Torso and arms have slightly lower Armour than the legs(but not much)

Killshot may have worked for Apoc, Schnoll couldn't pull it off, so next try will be Berserk.

Theas and Wars: Agressive Agi-builds have it easier on him.

Kreegan
09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
If you're using Blades, you'll have issues because they are easy to parry and this one parries a lot. You can try equipping Bastard Swords and aiming for the head - they have a higher chance to get through the parries and you may score a KO. Your other option is to try to exhaust him with some low activity + low bloodlust strategy. Also, if you manage to tire him faster than your fighter, he won't parry as effectively after the middle of the fight. For everything else you will need to stack plenty of Attack Power which may change your build too much.

Edit: This is about Plague actually, not about Apocalypse.

Megamieuwsel
09-05-2016, 01:47 AM
Not blades; Schnoll is using a Battle Flail(Legendary).
Anyway; Berserk 9/6 did the trick. =p
And got me a ....
Let's call it : "Less then usefull"... Legendary.

And yes; I'm keeping up a (what I think is) decent amount of attack power.(it's part of the build)