PDA

View Full Version : Tier 3 Arena Challenges

Apoca1ypse
02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
waiting for a new wave of glads to reach this tier so that I can update with info from after the game engine update feel free to add your thoughts though and I'll update entries on each opponent.

Rahkn Rowler

The Punisher

Majestico

Napraeleon

Head Hunter

Jaiycion

El Comandante

Truunkks

Pygmy Blender

The Chief

riggen
12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Time to move onto tier3 (sortof, my only t3 glad atm is in a state of constant death, managed to die 3 times in 24 hours and i can't afford the undertaker atm :D). So, Rakhn Rowler! (or Dwarf Slayer)

Stats:

Dunder Rage Gladiator

94 Strength
94 Intellect
80 Agility
96 Stamina
95 Size
89 Presence
80 Chi

He's level 25 and has 875 Health and 96 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields a pair of one handed axes, 1 of them is blue, the other is white. He wears and epic Weapon Arm, blue Shield Arm, green Chest, green Helm and white legs. All of his armor is, of course, light.

Fighting Style:
He's likely set to berserk, he hits hard and fast. He uses Feint, Barreling Attack and Sunder Armour.

Beating him:
As with most dual wielding opponents, Rage gladiators only have to outswing them. I believe this fight is definitely easier for fast attackers. I suggest skills like Create Distance, Gratuitous Violence, Warcry, Hamstring and Last Stand, as great things to have when fighting him.

Edit: Updated. He seems to deal less damage, still uses the same skills, not much has changed.

riggen
12-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Let's move on to The Punisher!

Stats:

Human Theatrics Gladiator

92 Strength
70 Intellect
91 Agility
98 Stamina
95 Size
74 Presence
69 Chi

He's level 26 and has 906 Health and 98 Endurance

Gear:
He dual-wields a pair of claws, one of the is epic, the other green. He wears a green medium armor head, green medium armor chest, green medium armor arms, green medium armor back leg and green light armor front leg.

Fighting Style:
This guy is a very fast attacker, yet his damage is dissapointing to say the least. I haven't seen him proc any skills.

Beating him:
He's actually pretty easy, no one should really have trouble with him. For best results, target his front leg and smash him.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. Uses Feint now, still wimpy.

riggen
12-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Today's subject is Majestico!

Stats:

Elaar War Gladiator

103 Strength
74 Intellect
83 Agility
90 Stamina
95 Size
65 Presence
100 Chi

He's level 27 and has 775 Health and 90 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields a blue two handed axe and wears a blue heavy armor helm, epic heavy armor chest, green heavy armor weapon arm, green light armor shield arm, green heavy armor front leg and a white heavy armor back leg.

Fighting Style
He's a pretty slow attacker which hits rather hard. He uses Feint and spams Create Distance.

Beating him
He's not exactly the toughest of challenges, just go for his shield arm and wish for the best. Theatrics might wanna try to rack up their bleeds via Gratuitous Violence , as this guy's armor deflects a lot of blows.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He uses War Cry now. Is even harder to hit now.

sevenseas
12-24-2012, 04:18 AM
I made my own arena challenge cheat sheet....yours is more detailed and gonna help alot of new people. Good Job so far, Rigs:o

riggen
12-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Thanks buzz :D

Dainoji
12-24-2012, 06:10 AM
You will probably need to redo these guides once the new update happens as I think a lot of the info will be wrong or out of date. Awesome job though and has me thinking we should start a pow wiki in the future.

Apoca1ypse
12-24-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah, i've been too lazy to add Riggen's info yet because my free time is rather limited :(

It's been a while since i've had a glad go through the challenges so it's nice to have help on this :)

and yeah, redoing guides is going to suck

riggen
12-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Well, i know it's gonna suck to update them, but i'll do my best. I'm dedicated to posting these things up to the emperor himself(if i ever get there :P), i'll try updating things as best i can :).

Now, to carry on, let's see what's up with Napraeleon!

Stats

Elaar War Gladiator

97 Strength
77 Intellect
98 Agility
94 Stamina
90 Size
87 Presence
76 Chi

He's level 28 and has 784 Health and 94 Endurance.

Gear
He dual-wields 2 blue One-Handed Swords and wears an epic helm, blue chest, green weapon arm, white shield arm, blue front leg and green back leg. All of his armor is medium.

Fighting Style
I'm kinda clueless on this one atm, he was just wait to easy. I can only guess that he uses Create Distance and attacks pretty fast.

Beating him:
Really, just set strategies to whatever, an elaar warrior in medium armor won't be much of a problem for most things. For best results just target his shield arm.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. This one got a lot harded to hit. He uses Feint( A LOT ) and Death From Above now.

riggen
12-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Merry Christmas Great Realm! Today's subject is Head Hunter!

Stats:

Dunder Rage Gladiator

105 Strength
70 Intellect
73 Agility
103 Stamina
95 Size
79 Presence
80 Chi

He's level 29 and has 1018 Health and 103 Endurance

Gear:
He wields an epic two-handed maul. He wears a green head, epic chest, blue weapon arm, green shield arm, blue front leg and white back leg. All light armor, of course.

Fighting Style
This guy is likely set to berserk and hits really hard. He uses Last Stand, Feint and Sunder Armor

Beating him
As with most two-handed rage glads, the only real option here is to outswing him. Attacking first would definitely help, so, Warcry definitely helps war glads, while theatrics can get there with fast weapons, Signature Move: Stun and Gratuitous Violence. Two handed ragers kinda get boned, as far as I can see, since this guy has rather high initiative for a dunder O.o

Progress here is gonna be derpy, only chance is to literally one shot him for me atm, and my gladiator is back to his: oh, i wanna have ress sickness for a few days thing. God dammit Stunshimself, it's the bajilionth time he kills me Q__Q

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He hits way less hard nowadays and spams Sunder Armour and Barreling Attack.

riggen
12-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Right before 2013 hits, I bring you Jaiycion!

Stats:

Human War Gladiator

107 Strength
80 Intellect
96 Agility
113 Stamina
86 Size
78 Presence
89 Chi

He's level 30 and has 1041 Health and 113 Endurance

Gear:
He wields a green Ball and Chain and wears a green helm, green chest, green arms, green front leg and white back leg, all of it Heavy.

Fighting Style:
I don't know much about his fighting style as he dropped in 3 hits, but I can say he's either very defensive or very very slow as he never attacked up to the 21 second mark.

Beating him:
Well, I guess I can recommend going for his back leg, rage gladiators should have a blast. Other war gladiators should be able to outswing him, don't know about theatrics, if this guy's tanking, it'll be hell, he's got tons of stamina.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. This guy is weird now. He uses Warcry, yet almost never attacks, at least against a defensive strategy. Tune your activity way down, the enforcer and the crowd will likely kill him for you. He's extremely hard to touch however.

riggen
12-31-2012, 03:16 AM
....aaaaand El Comandante!

Stats:

101 Strength
81 Intellect
109 Agility
85 Stamina
90 Size
69 Presence
95 Chi

He's level 31 and has 962 Health and 85 Endurance

Gear:
This guy wields a green gladius and a green fist weapon. He wears a blue medium armor helm, epic medium armor chest, green medium armor weapon arm, green light armor shield arm, green light armor front leg and white light armor back leg.

Fighting style
This guy is a lightning fast attacker, hits pretty hard for one too, he uses Strength of the Crowd and applies SHIT TONS of bleeding. I believe he may be counter-attacking.

Beating him
Beating this guy should be cake for a warrior, and doable for a theatrics, without much thought. Ragers however might find themselves in a nasty spot. For best result, try hitting his back leg, armor movement and anything improving your initiative will definitely help as this guy murdered me without me ever getting a chance to hit back.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. Uses Hamstring and Signature Moves. doesn't hit very hard, but hits often, as per the rule of theatrics, you'll be bleeding heavily, those knuckle scrapes and tickles the crowd laugh at will be your downfall, heretic! He's also kinda hard to hit.

riggen
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Happy New Year, Great Realm! For the first challenge of the year I bring you Truunks!

Stats:

113 Strength
74 Intellect
93 Agility
94 Stamina
100 Size
73 Presence
77 Chi

He's level 32 and has 1095 and 94 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields a single one handed Scimitar. He wears a blue medium armor chest, green medium armor helm, blue light armor weapon arm, green light armor shield arm, blue light armor front leg and green light armor back leg.

Fighting style:
This guy is definitely counter-attacking, his damage is very wimpy however. I haven't seen him proc any skills.

Beating him
He's kinda wimpy, just target his back leg and slam away at him, he'll go down eventually.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He uses Feint, Signature Moves and Hamstring, still remains pretty wimpy.

riggen
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Pigmy Blender too

Stats:

Spite Rage Gladiator

86 Strength
79 Intellect
106 Agility'
96 Stamina
95 Size
63 Presence
101 Chi

He's level 33 and has 1072 Health and 96 Endurance

Gear
He wields a blue one handed rapier and a blue gladius in his offhand, he wears a green helm, green chest, epic weapon arm, blue shield arm and blue legs, all of it light, of course.

Fighting Style
I asume he's berserking, he hits very fast, but not very hard. He uses Last Stand and Sunder Armor.

Beating him:
This guy is like a wimpier version of byrd of prey, for best results aim at his head and smack him around the arena. Create Distance and wearing heavy armor will definitely help warriors stomp him, while theatrics can counter-attack him. Other ragers can simply outswing him.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. Still a weaker version of Byrd :P. Uses Rampage, Barreling Attack, Adrenaline Rush, Sunder Armour, Crippling Might.

riggen
01-02-2013, 04:49 AM
And the final boss of Tier 3, The Chief!

Stats:

Human Rage Gladiator

132 Strength
97 Intellect
110 Agility
105 Stamina
100 Size
64 Presence
80 Chi

He's level 34 and has 1221 Health and 105 Endurance

Gear
He wields a blue two handed axe and wears an epic helm, blue arms, blue chest, epic front leg, blue back leg. All of his armor is light.

Fighting Style:
He hits very hard, and uses Feint, I don't know a whole lot about his fighting style because my gladiator is also a 2h rager, so fights are pretty short, I think he doesn't have Last Stand.

Beating Him
I really don't know how war gladiators will crack this monster open, ragers have to outswing him, while speed-ragers have better chances. Theatrics should easily break him with fast weapons. For wars I guess Warcry, Hamstring and Create Distance will help.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. This guy is nuts. He spams Feint like there's no tomorrow and also uses Death From Above and Rampage. His damage isn't huge, but he's really spammy.

Apoca1ypse
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
waiting for a new wave of glads to reach this tier so that I can update with info from after the game engine update

riggen
05-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Tier 3 is completely updated boss! :D

Megamieuwsel
08-03-2016, 01:48 AM
The Chief with a 2-hand weapon Rager(Schnoll, lvl 46, regular slave): Berzerk got him.
Looks like going all-out while having the initiative is key.