PDA

View Full Version : Tier 1 Arena Challenges

Apoca1ypse
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
The tier 1 challenges are a bit of a pushover, but depending on your gladiator, you may have some trouble. If you do, feel free to ask away. As things get figured out I'll update notes on the relevant gladiator.

Minatauro

Specialty:
Race:
HP:
Endurance:

Gear:

Fighting Style:

Beating him:

He sucks. If you lose it's normally due to exhaustion or bad luck, so just turn down activity and try again.

Razorback

Specialty:
Race:
HP:
Endurance:

Gear:

Fighting Style:

Beating him:

As above. it may be worth waiting till lvl 3 or having a green weapon before fighting him though.

Kodran The Grey

Specialty: Rage
Race: Human
HP: 319
Endurance:

75 Strength
45 Intellect
65 Agility
78 Stamina
80 Size
67 Presence
60 Chi

Gear:
All light armor, green chest, grey head, grey legs, grey arms, green two-handed Ball and Chain

Fighting Style:
He is just set to Bash

Beating him:

It's recommended to have a green weapon before fighting him so that you can maximise your damage against him in between his swings. He has low armor all round so aim for the limbs as he is less likely to be defending those (not that a rage defends much :P)

Grom Ironjaw

Specialty: Rage
Race: Urk
HP: 475
Endurance: 92

82 Strength
43 Intellect
59 Agility
80 Stamina
75 Size
58 Presence
68 Chi

Gear:
Green Two-Handed Sword, Blue Helm, Green Chest, White legs and arms. All light armor, ofc.

Fighting Style:
Set to slash or bash. He hits pretty hard for his level and seems to have a thing for killing gladiators so dont take him lightly. He uses Barreling Attack.

Beating him:

Nightmare

Specialty: Theatrics
HP: 502
Endurance: 77

84 Strength
63 Intellect
66 Agility
77 Stamina
87 Size
78 Presence
56 Chi

Gear:
His gear is a bit odd, he wears a white Medium Armor Chest, an epic Light Armor healm, a blue Light Armor Weapon Arm, white Light Armor Shield Arm and white legs.
He wields a single, blue, one handed axe.

Fighting Style:
He's a very defensive fighter, most likely set to Parry-Bash. Strikes hard, but not often, however, he's hard to hit as he kinda spams Create Distance.

Beating him:
This guy is a very tough nut to crack for many gladiators. Aim for his back leg or shield arm, as those have the lowest armor. While Two-Handed war and rage gladiators have a slightly easier time, fast attacking rage or theatrics will definitely have issues with Nightmare. Another option would be to try and wear him down
with a defensive gladiator, since his Endurance isn't gigantic.

Panzer

Specialty: War
HP: 524
Endurance: 80

82 Strength
69 Intellect
56 Agility
80 Stamina
85 Size
51 Presence
50 Chi

Gear:
He wields a green one-handed Hammer and a blue Tower-Shield. He wears a green Heavy Armor Helm, green Medium Armor Chest, white Medium armor weapon arm, white light armor shield arm and legs.

Fighting Style:
He's set to parry-bash and uses Death From Above.

Beating him:
This guy's really tough. He's a very defensive gladiator in heavy armor so you will get parried and have hits deflected. For best results, go for his shield arm or legs swing away in hope because those are in light armor, giving the best chance to get damage in. Again, if you have good endurance, you can try to outlast him with low activity.

Skull Reaver

Specialty: Human
Race: Rage
HP: 474
Endurance: 73

76 Strength
65 Intellect
70 Agility
73 Stamina
65 Size
57 Presence
54 Chi

Gear:
He wields a single, blue, One-Handed Morning Star, wears a green Helm, a blue Chest and white legs and hands, all Light Armor, of course.

Fighting Style:
Likely just bashing around. He uses Barreling Attack, Rampage and Sunder Armour

Beating him:
He's pretty easy and you can mostly outswing him with any fast attacking gladiator. Two Hand rage also has a decent chance to just murder him with 3 good hits.

General Kain

HP: 577
Endurance: 84

81 Strength
63 Intellect
67 Agility
84 Stamina
85 Size
72 Presence
70 Chi

Gear:
He wears full green heavy armor, roughly the same armor everywhere and wields a blue One-Handed Sword and an epic Dagger in his off-hand

Fighting Style:
Although I've seen him deflect quite a few hits, I don't think he's set to parry, but rather, Slash. He uses Death From Above.

Beating him:
He's the other tough opponent in this tier. His armor is the same all round so aim wherever. I'd suggest the legs or hands though as he is less likely to be set to defending those areas in his strategies. If you are rage, some points in Brute Force helps. War benefits from Death From Above and Theatrics can get there with bleeding, so gratuitous violence helps.

Axe Murderer

Specialty: Theatrics
HP: 649
Endurance: 86

88 Strength
64 Intellect
93 Agility
86 Stamina
90 Size
59 Presence
67 Chi

Gear:
He dual wields a pair of blue One-Handed Axes and wears full Light Armor, he has a blue Chest and Shield Arm, green Weapon Arm and white helm and legs.

Fighting Style:
He strikes hard with his axes while also parrying a lot. He uses Signature Move and also gets some decent bleeding, indicating points in Gratuitous Violence.

Beating him:
He's nothing special, just go for his head or legs and swing away and try and damage race him. wars have the option to try and tank him out.

The Butcher

HP: 655
Endurance: 82

85 Strength
56 Intellect
70 Agility
82 Stamina
80 Size
70 Presence
90 Chi

Gear:
He wields a blue Two-Handed Axe, wears full green heavy armour, except for his helm, which is epic.

Fighting Style:
This guy is probably set to tanking or parry-bash as he stands around and only occasionally uses Feint. The crowd starts throwing things at him eventually :P

Beating him:
The butcher is actually not all that hard, compared to some other challenges, but he can still be a pain. For best results, aim for arms or legs, since he's less likely to be defending those. Brute Force and Gratuitous Violence are all skills that definitely make him an easier fight.

Toop55
09-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Here's some more info on general kain
Specialty- war
Race- human
Height- 7'2"(218cm)
Wieght- 319 lbs(149kg)
Level- 12
Health- 577
Stamina-84
Head-28 armor
Torso-28 armor +1 strength +2 stamina
Weapon arm-28 armor
Shield arm-28 armor
Front leg-25 armor
Back leg-25 armor
Main weapon-
Wyrdsteel Broad Sword
Blades Speed*1.55 Weight*3.5
Main Hand
40 - 77 Damage
(90.7 damage per round)
+ 1 Intellect
+ 1 Presence
+ 2 Defense
Offhand-Epic Dagger
Blades Speed*3 Weight*1
Off-Hand
23 - 51 Damage
(111.0 damage per round)
+ 2 Stamina
+ 1 Chi
+ 2 Attack Power

Toop55
09-14-2012, 05:50 AM
More info on Koran the grey
Specialty- rage
Race- human
Height-7'0"
Weight-307 lbs (139 kg)
Level- 6
Health-319
Stamina- 78
Head-3 armor
Weapon arm-3 armor
Shield arm-3 armor
Torso-6 armor
Back leg-5 armor
Front leg-5 armor
Weapon-
Wicked Ball & Chain
Two-Handed Weapons Speed*1 Weight*8
Both Hands
40 - 61 Damage
(50.5 damage per round)

uglyteam
09-14-2012, 08:56 AM
nightmare killed my glad lvl 20 :mad: (first computer glad who kill me)

i was beserking :(

Apoca1ypse
09-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Cheers for the info Toop55. I've updated the relevant entries.

Uglyteam, how close was your fight? are you a 2H rage or a DW rage? what class of weapon do you use?

Toop55
09-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Info on Grom iron jaw
Specialty- Rage
Race- urk
Height-7'6" (229 cm)
Weight-465lbs (211kg)
Level-8
Health-457
Stamina-92
Weapon arm- 5 armor
Shield arm- 5 armor
Head-6 armor + 3 chi
Torso- 7 armor +1 chi + 3 attack power
Front leg- 5 armor
Back leg- 5 armor
Weapon-Deadly Warblade
Two-Handed Weapons Speed*1 Weight*6
Both Hands
45 - 80 Damage
(62.5 damage per round)
+ 2 Strength

I'll have more info on other people soon as well as tier 2 challenges

Apoca1ypse
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Awesome. I dont have glads that can do the challenges to get the required info so that's a massive help!

Toop55
09-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Info for the butcher
Specialty- war
Race- human
Height-7'0" (213cm)
Weight-310 lbs (141 kg)
Level- 14
Health- 655
Stamina-82
Head-44 Armour+ 3 Agility+ 1 Presence+ 2 Chi
Torso-31 armor + 2 Agility + 2 Stamina
Weapon arm-31 armor
Shield arm-31 armor
Front leg-31 armor
Back leg-31 armor
Weapon-
Ironwood Giant Chopper
Two-Handed Weapons Speed*1 Weight*6
Both Hands
91 - 152 Damage
(121.5 damage per round)
+ 5 Chi
+ 5 Attack Power
+ 5 Defense

riggen
12-17-2012, 07:48 AM
As my first real contribution to the forums, I present to you information about Grom Ironjaw, the Arena's first REAL challenge!

Stats:
Rage Urk Gladiator
82 Strength
43 Intellect
59 Agility
80 Stamina
75 Size
58 Presence
68 Chi

Equipment:

Green Two-Handed Sword, Blue Helm, Green Chest, White legs and arms. All light armor, ofc.

Fighting Style:

Since he's a low level gladiator, he's most likely set to Slash, with a rather low activity/bloodlust, since he has low stamina consumption.
He's not to be underestimated for gladiators starting out their arena careers, as he tends to kill people really quick
bringing said careers to an early end :P.

Beating him:

Your best bet is to equip a fast weapon, train your weapon skill and set a rather high activity level for your gladiator, Grom is quite slow.
Also, aim for arms or legs, he's less likely to be set on defending those.

Edit: Updated with the new changes, he seems to be faster, uses Barreling Attack now as well.

riggen
12-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Some info on Kodran the Grey :)

Stats:
Human Rage Gladiator
75 Strength
45 Intellect
65 Agility
78 Stamina
80 Size
67 Presence
60 Chi

He's level 6 and has 319 Health.

Gear:
All light armor, green chest, grey head, grey legs, grey arms, green two-handed Ball and Chain

Fighting Style:
Probably just bashing

Beating him:
Mostly anyone should be able to beat him without issues

riggen
12-18-2012, 02:15 AM
And now for something a bit more serious, Nightmare!

Stats:

Human Theatrics Gladiator

84 Strength
63 Intellect
66 Agility
77 Stamina
87 Size
78 Presence
56 Chi

He's level 9 and has 502 Health and 77 Endurance

Gear:

His gear is a bit odd, he wears a white Medium Armor Chest, an epic Light Armor head, a blue Light Armor Weapon Arm, white Light Armor Shield Arm and white legs.
He wields a single, blue, one handed axe.

Fighting Style:

He's a very defensive fighter, most likely set to Parry-Bash. Strikes hard, but not often, however, he's hard to hit as he kinda spams Create Distance.

Beating him:
Personally, I find this guy to be a very tough nut to crack for many of my gladiators. I've had the best results trying to hit his back leg or shield arm, as those have the lowest armor.
While Two-Handed war and rage gladiators have a slightly easier time, fast attacking rage or theatrics will definitely have issues with Nightmare. Another option would be to try and wear him down
with a defensive gladiator, since his Endurance isn't gigantic.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. This guy hasn't changed much, he remains the same pain in the butthole.

riggen
12-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Let's carry on to Skull Reaver! (I know I've skipped Panzer, I'll post his stats when I can :D)

Stats:

Human Rage Gladiator

76 Strength
65 Intellect
70 Agility
73 Stamina
65 Size
57 Presence
54 Chi

He's level 11 and has 474 Health and 73 Endurance

Gear:

He wields a single, blue, One-Handed Morning Star, wears a green Helm, a blue Chest and white legs and hands, all Light Armor, of course.

Fighting Style:

Likely just bashing around. He uses Barreling Attack and Feint.

Beating Him:

Personally I've found him to be pretty easy, only encountered issues on a couple of Two Hand gladiators. You can mostly outswing him with any fast attacking gladiator. Create Distance will definitely help Two Hand war gladiators. Two Hand rage also has a decent chance to just murder him with pure damage.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He now attacks a lot more and uses Sunder Armour. He also seems a bit harder to hit.

riggen
12-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Now for another nasty opponent, General Kain!

Stats:

Human War Gladiator

81 Strength
63 Intellect
67 Agility
84 Stamina
85 Size
72 Presence
70 Chi

He's level 12 and has 577 Health and 84 Endurance.

Gear:
He wears full green heavy armor, roughly the same armor everywhere and wields a blue One-Handed Sword and an epic Dagger in his off-hand

Fighting Style:
Although I've seen him deflect quite a few hits, I don't think he's set to parry, but rather, Slash. He uses a lot of Create Distance and Feint

Beating him:
This guy can be pretty tough, especially for Theatrics glads, as far as I'm concerned. Rage has a pretty easy time with him, just go nuts and berserk his sorry ass. Kill shot might work too. War glads can get there with Create Distance. As for Theatrics, try Create Distance out as well, it'd definitely help.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He uses Death From Above now.

riggen
12-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Today's info is on Axe Murderer!

Stats:

Human Theatrics Gladiator

88 Strength
64 Intellect
93 Agility
86 Stamina
90 Size
59 Presence
67 Chi

He's level 13 and has 649 Health and 86 Endurance.

Gear:
He dual wields a pair of blue One-Handed Axes and wears full Light Armor, he has a white Helm, blue Chest, blue Shield Arm, green Weapon Arm and white legs.

Fighting Style:
He strikes hard and fast with his axes and he may be set to some kind of defensive tactic as I noticed a lot of parried attacks on his side.

Beating him:
He's nothing special, just go for his head or legs and swing away.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He's a bit stronger now. He uses the new sig move and his bleeds are really sick.

riggen
12-20-2012, 03:04 AM
And now for the final boss of Tier 1, The Butcher!

Stats:

Human War Gladiator

85 Strength
56 Intellect
70 Agility
82 Stamina
80 Size
70 Presence
90 Chi

He's level 14 and has 655 Health and 82 Endurance.

Gear:
He wields a blue Two-Handed Axe, wears full green heavy armour, except for his helm, which is epic.

Fighting Style:
This guy is certainly not a defensive gladiator, likely set to bash. He uses Create Distance and Feint.

Beating him:
The butcher is actually not all that hard, compared to some other challenges, but he can still be a pain. For best results, aim for arms or legs, since he's less likely to be defending those, although he still wears heavy armor on them, and just smack away at him. Sunder Armor, Brute Force and Gratuitous Violence are all skills that definitely make him an easier fight.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He still uses Feint, he may be set to tanking or a fail-parry, because the crowd started throwing things at him at a certain point.

riggen
12-22-2012, 12:38 AM
And for the last T1 challenge I haven't covered yet, Panzer!

Stats:

Human War Gladiator

82 Strength
69 Intellect
56 Agility
80 Stamina
85 Size
51 Presence
50 Chi

He's level 10 and has 524 Health and 80 Endurance

Gear:
He wields a green one-handed Hammer and a blue Tower-Shield. He wears a green Heavy Armor Helm, a green Medium Armor Chest, white Medium armor weapon arm, white light armor shield arm and white light legs.

Fighting Style:
He's set to parry-bash and uses Feint and Create Distance.

Beating him:
This guy's really tough, he's a very defensive gladiator. For best results, go for his shield arm or legs and rack up attack power or brute force. Otherwise, one can try to outlast him with a low activity setting.

Edit: Updated with the new changes. He now uses Death From Above, he's also slightly harder to hit :P

riggen
02-23-2013, 01:20 AM
All of t1 is also updated :D

Apoca1ypse
02-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Updated with all available info at this point in time.

Dire Ray
04-10-2013, 01:09 AM
I still can't get past Panzer with a 2H War. :/

Apoca1ypse
04-10-2013, 07:41 AM
how are you losing? are you getting beaten to death or exhausted out?

Jervaj
04-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Trying to parry nightmare is a good option?

With my dual wielding swords War Im finding quite difficult to beat him. He's always outhiting me both in frequency and damage. I tried puting more activity to try to gain the initiative but still remains the same.

Dire Ray
04-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Most of the time I end up being close to dead. My 2H War stats are 89/82/74/84/73/84/76 (including boosts from equipments) and I usually use lunge or parry-lunge. AL and BL level are generally around 5~7 (if that can help) and I only have the basic fighting styles along with parry and tank.

ETA: The moment when I finally defeated Panzer...

Jervaj
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Nigthmare is really a pain in the ass xD. All battles were easy victories till him. I try going very agressive, defensive, high-low activity or/and bloodlust and still all combats are still the same. He hits a lot more and harder than I do.

I have just beaten him with my first gladiator after been stucked there for a week or more. I was losing the battle but I had a lucky strike in the head and knocked him out xD. At least my strategy of aiming for the head served me this time haha.

Hope my theatrics snivler has the same luck or its gonna take long to beat that beast xD

riggen
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Nightmare is quite the beast, once you're past him, only general kain MIGHT(and I really mean MIGHT) pose some trouble.

The other tiers might make you want to have never been born tho =/ imagine the second challenge of tier 2 being a way stronger version of nightmare :(

Now, for beating nightmare, hitting either more often, or harder than him will do it. You can also tank him down, should you have unreasonable amounts of stamina :P.

Jervaj
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
The problem was that even at 10 activity he outhitted my glads in terms on frequency despite they have both decent agility and ussually hitting a lot in arena battles. I think it could be for using medium armor against his light one.

Tanking wasnt an option for me because neither of my glads is a great tank and he killed them a lot before using up his endurance.

The point is also that my glad still have no skills. Just some weapon ones. Hope that when I start to build skills (that would be soon I hope if I reach that danm 10 :P) they are more prepared for this hard challanges hehe.

Apoca1ypse
04-16-2013, 08:01 PM
unless weapon skill is 10, you dont want to go above 6 or 8 activity/bloodlust.

Jervaj
04-17-2013, 05:53 AM
unless weapon skill is 10, you dont want to go above 6 or 8 activity/bloodlust.

I dont use to. In fact (and I find it funny xD) I exactly use 6 for my war and 8 for my theatrics standard activity. But vs Nigthmare I tried everything because with my default tactic he simply crushed my glads.

Anyway both would be 10 in a week or so I hope

Pit Lord
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
From today:
R O U N D 1
>> NIGHTMARE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
>> TACTICS TRAINER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
TACTICS TRAINER goes for a wicked slashing attack.
TACTICS TRAINER's attack lands on NIGHTMARE's upper back creating beastly damage! (+70 Damage)
• Bleeding: 5 health per round
• Possible Disarm

NIGHTMARE screams in agony as the strike causes him to drop his weapon!
TACTICS TRAINER jumps and hops around NIGHTMARE.
TACTICS TRAINER charges at NIGHTMARE and attempts to injure her enemy.
Women in the audience giggle at the unimpressive hit to NIGHTMARE's mouth. (+16 Damage)
NIGHTMARE hopes for a crushing shot with his FIST.
A pitiful wound is opened on TACTICS TRAINER's torso. (+6 Damage)
R O U N D 2
NIGHTMARE's wounds continue to bleed!!!
TACTICS TRAINER flies right at her adversary.
TACTICS TRAINER makes an off handed attack.
TACTICS TRAINER jabs at NIGHTMARE with her CRAFTED DIRK.
Someone from the crowd screams as NIGHTMARE is hit in the forearm! (+33 Damage)
• Attack Power: -10 (4 rounds)

NIGHTMARE has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
TACTICS TRAINER bounces and skips around NIGHTMARE.
TACTICS TRAINER executes a devastating slash with her FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD.
Vicious slash severs NIGHTMARE's left ear making hearing a bitch! (+90 Damage)
TACTICS TRAINER seeks to cut through NIGHTMARE.
Mighty slash rips a chunk out of NIGHTMARE's right leg! (+93 Damage)
NIGHTMARE has some pretty nasty cuts and bruises on his body!!
NIGHTMARE strikes out with his FIST and overextends himself.
The strike merely grazes the defender's knee. (+14 Damage)
R O U N D 3
Open wounds continue to bleed on NIGHTMARE's body!!!
TACTICS TRAINER sneaks in an off handed strike.
TACTICS TRAINER's CRAFTED DIRK lashes weakly at NIGHTMARE.
Minor slash along NIGHTMARE's lower back. (+1 Damage)
TACTICS TRAINER's FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD hacks at NIGHTMARE with unbridled rage.
TACTICS TRAINER smiles after the beastly hit to NIGHTMARE's upper arm! (+118 Damage)
• Bleeding: 14 health per round

NIGHTMARE can't take much more of this beating!!!
TACTICS TRAINER tries to slice NIGHTMARE.
TACTICS TRAINER's FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD connects with NIGHTMARE's shoulder blade causing towering damage! (+73 Damage)
• Possible Serious Injury

NIGHTMARE's body is going to need a lot of work!!! *** Serious Injury ***
TACTICS TRAINER places a heavy foot upon NIGHTMARE's dead body in the center of the arena for all to see!

TT- lvl19;warrior;trug;main hand sword 1.45;off-hand sword 4.2; slash AL 10 BL 8;skills Blade 9 and lucky disarm :p
forgot it:aiming torso

Scarlet Goddess
01-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Skull Reaver destroys me. The guide doesn't help at all against Skull Reaver because it just says he "bashes around" and is quite easy.

I have fought him twice and both times he has started out immediately landing Sunder Armor, and then he proceeds to attack me repeatedly with very high damage. Both fights lasted 25-40 seconds...

I don't get it; I'm supposed to be faster than him. Theatrics glad with 79 agility and 70 stamina who dual wields falchions, how can he be faster than me?

What should I do?

Prinny
01-07-2014, 11:51 AM
The agility difference isn't large besides that your Falchions have a speed of 1.45, His weapons are a flail of 1.45 speed and his fist which is 3 speed.
Fists are also counted as weapons and when you are only wielding a one-handed weapon this means you are wielding that one handed weapon and a weapon of a speed of 3, this makes him faster than you.

Either try switching strategies abit (higher activity etc.), wield one falchion instead of 2 just for that fight (who knows it might just work :p) or wait untill your gladiator gets more points spent into his skills/gets new gear.

Scarlet Goddess
01-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks for sharing what you know Prinny! I had no clue about the bare fist giving that 3 speed advantage.

Your advice will help me beat him, I'm sure, but I'm still checking this thread in case anyone else has anything to add?