PDA

View Full Version : Becoming #1

OogWasFles
02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Hello everyone.
My gladiator Lysanna has just made it to #4 in the Elite tier. Of course I'd like to make it to #1, but how can that be accomplished. I fear that if I commence a single battle, I will be upgraded to the next tier and not have the #1 title. So should I just NOT attack anyone and pray I won't be attacked (which also might upgrade me to next tier)?

BlkTmplr
02-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Heh, I've had this problem through every bracket... It's luck, the points awarded from a fight are based on not only a win or loss but also on how your glad performed in the fight and how close it was. The points are then added to your glads total and unless you get exactly the right amount to fit you in between the glad in 1st and the bracket point cap you wont get it....
At the higher brackets I've noticed a bad performance causes you to drop ranks (sometimes drastically even from one fight) and I used this to my advantage in Juggernauts to get the achievement for all 3 of my glads who have passed through there so far. Granted, 90% was luck ;) on their bad and good performances and who they fought but it is possible to coax that rank into your grasp.

Now, as for Elites.. I don't know if you will be able to drop the ranks (to around 5-8th seems to work) so that you can jump up into 1st.
Reason I say this is also because I don't know if you can even drop the ranks like in Juggernaut while in Elites but good luck. :)

OogWasFles
02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Okay, I see what you've done. But I've looked at my points, and I can score about 105 points to still be in the Elite Tier.. So maybe with a bit of luck somebody will attack me and I'll lose (that has only happened 4 times so far) and I'll be the #1. Or maybe I'll win and just get a few meager points. Maybe if I rough up the Enforcer he will grant me less points for my win xD

BlkTmplr
02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
If I had the choice I would have caved the Enforcers head in by now for all those fights he screws me over in..... Maybe in a dark alleyway someday... :rolleyes: You could try that and then award yourself 104 points. :p

OogWasFles
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
What about an option to bribe the Enforcer granting you more %chance to kill or just earn a little more of his favor?

BlkTmplr
02-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Bribe him with food, have you seen the size of that guy!? :D He backhands glads for annoying him.

OogWasFles
02-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Wait, what? Are there any pics of him? I haven't yet seen any messages like that. I've just seen him throw weapons in the arena, or blocking weapons.

Cynaidh
02-14-2012, 08:45 AM
the number 1 title isn't that bad, the Undisputed title is whats a pain in the ass, you have to hold the number 1 spot for 7 fights, i have only done it twice in all my glads.