PDA

View Full Version : My experience with pit of war..

nezul
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I came across pit of war the other day as an advertisement that appeared on the newgrounds website. I was having a somewhat trying day after steam was bugging out and i uninstalled it and unknowingly removed all my games. in combination to this flash 11 decided to start causing massive errors making my web browser freeze anytime i watched or played anything that used flash (so pretty much everything).

I came across this website and thought, eh I got nothing really better to do, i suppose ill check it out. first thing that hit me when I started learning to play was " O DEAR GOD ITS A TEXT BASE GAME, GAH! :mad:" but then i remembered my options on a choice of game where a little scarce...so I played it a little, got an understanding of how it worked and this is what happened....

I have to say this is the first web browser text based game that I have every re-visited and actually thoroughly enjoy playing. The game itself seems relatively simple, no cluter of menus, no ridiculously long and boring quest lines. nothing like that. its full on pvp, survival of the fittest and I love it.

admittedly my first character goretooth was craptacular and I was getting my ass handed to me more often than not. I did google for a guide and game across the beginners guide by crow (what a guy) and it made me see how complex and and strategic this game can be, all the builds, strategies, everything.

I then managed to scrounge up enough cash to buy another slave...Flesh Stalker. having a little better clue on what to do and how to build him I sent him off into the arena to see how i had improved.

not a single loss, not yet 18-0-0 . he was even good enough to win the black market the other day. I am now really starting to get into game and I have to say, to everyone, especially to Nate (i think he was the lad who made this) who has done a fantastic job of this game that Im having an absolute hoot playing this. I especially enjoy the gore pics, they really make this game something special.

my team
Stable: Blood Howl
Current Warriors: Flesh Stalker, Rol
Sold Warriors: Goretooth

I look forward to joining this community and catching you all out in the arena :D

Nate
02-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Hey Nezul! Welcome to the Pits and many thanks for the candid review and I'm pleased you are enjoying yourself! In today's day and age it is tough to get past the "It's a text based game" mentality but for those who do I think many find it to be a similar experience as your own and as you go deeper into the rabbit hole you'll find the game has a lot of depth to discover and master as you are already finding out. I never get tired of hearing about a new player enjoying the game, so cheers for that! :)

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

BlkTmplr
02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the pit Nezul! :D
Gotta say I was on the same boat as you. I came from many flash-based RTS games and felt I needed a break, just wanted something different and found Pit of War...
Haven't left since. :)
Hope to see in the pit soon and congrats on Flesh Stalkers record (not to far from my new glad Sensual 21-0-0 :p).
If you wanna chat I'm hanging around in the IRC atm.
http://http://irc.wyldryde.org/?uio=d4&channels=#PitOfWar (http://irc.wyldryde.org/?uio=d4&channels=#PitOfWar)

Narol
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome Nezul and congrats for Flesh's performances !

Good to see new trainers getting as hooked as us to this great addictive game !

nezul
02-13-2012, 09:18 PM
hey Narol!

I thought your team name sounded familar....your the one who took away my chances of top 3 in the black market today...*_*

hahah! I look forward to meeting you in the pits some day!

Narol
02-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Well, I only finished second, someone kicked me out of first place... But I'll try again today, I never won a Black Market tournament yet in 6 months of playing but I'm not giving up !

So what's your team name, you didn't say and there is no search functions to find the ranking and team of a gladiator...

nezul
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I did indeed say, I mentioned my team name on my first post.

however i have a new slave that has replaced Hol, Gorgan...and he seems to be tearing it up.