PDA

View Full Version : Selling your MAIN Gladiator - Good or bad?

oystein
01-04-2011, 12:21 AM
So my MAIN gladiator never really got off to any good start and is now struggling in all his fights as he is just too small compared to everyone else. My SLAVE gladiator is much bigger but obviously had to start from the beginning again...

So my question is if it makes sense to just sell off my "main guy" and start over again with the new guy?

:confused:

Dainoji
01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I think there are a couple ways you can approach this. You can keep him around as a means to earn gold since the higher level you are the more gold you earn and then you can use that gold to buy better items for your lower level gladiator. Or if you really just want a fresh start and don't mind starting over then that is probably fine too. Much of the fun for me is learning how the game works and trying out different ideas. It's cool to be at the top but the way the arena is grouped makes me always feel like I'm in the running for something. So it depends on how attached you are to your main and how you are doing on gold. I don't really think there is a wrong answer.

Jaradakar
01-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I would be more inclined to sell if it was worth my while. My starting slave/gladiator has just slightly above average stats -- mid to low 60's. I thought this was pretty good but as I've gained levels and gone up in ranks, I'm constantly fighting people with better stats. Also my 2nd gladiator I picked up has all mid to low 70's (so he's quite a bit better!).

Of course being new to the game, I was stupid and spent quite a few trophies increasing my starting gladiators main stats -- first 2 upgrades are 16 trophies so I did that on almost ever stat. So 8 upgrades for a total of 64 trophies. That's ~6400 gold.

But when I go to sell him, I'm offered $600 gold!!! Personally I think that sucks! I really wish it would take into account what I've invested into him (not at a 1 to 1, but at least a 0.3-0.5).

Overall I agree with Dainoji -- you're better off keeping him for the money he earns. Just use that to fund your other gladiators.

At this point the only time I'd sell mine is if I found an amazing slave and needed the room (Maybe this is what Nate wants, but I sure wish I could recoup some of my investment).

Team Kaos
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Also my 2nd gladiator I picked up has all mid to low 70's (so he's quite a bit better!).

From what slave pool are you picking from? I check almost everyday and if I see a slave with 2 or 3 stats above 70 I'm lucky.
Usually all I see are mid/high 50's and mid 60's with an occasional 70 or 2 mixed in.

Jaradakar
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
From what slave pool are you picking from? I check almost everyday and if I see a slave with 2 or 3 stats above 70 I'm lucky.
Usually all I see are mid/high 50's and mid 60's with an occasional 70 or 2 mixed in.

hmm I see quite a few with higher than 60 ;-) I've seen one with 80 size, was tempted but his Str was only 50 or something ;-)

My 2nd Slave started with 70, 74, 70, 70, 74, 62

But as soon as I saw him, I was like wow... I guess I need to expand my stable now I was planning on doing it after a while... but he sort of forced my hand.

oystein
01-07-2011, 07:13 AM
After another disappointing loss I sold my main gladiator... :-p

Starting over.......................

Arkham
01-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I sold my starter. It is natural. Once you feel you have an understanding of the basic mechanics, you want to start fresh.

GorbagGutripper
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes, I got rid of my original loser as soon as I was able to get 2 gladiators. The slaves are better than the starters. You will naturally get more loot for selling a higher ranking gladiator. And yes, you will get even more loot keeping a loser around and using him to get better gold from the tavern. So if you want more money, keep the beginner and let him rack up losses....and of course die like a fly all the time, in which case he is costing you more to resurrect than he is bringing in going on missions....Ive seen some decent slaves who cost close to 1k, but havent seen any with outstanding stats. Also, I asked Nate if the slaves got any better as you forked out tokens to look at new ones...the answer to that question is no.

So I guess my answer to the question is ditch the loser...fork out loot and get a winner.

oystein
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Both my new guys are better than my beginner - sucked to start over again, but at least Ill have better stats and get access to the weapons etc. I want "faster" with these guys.

Another question is if the guy I sold can be picked up by someone else?

Jaradakar
01-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't think so Oystein -- would be kind of cool but I don't think that's how it works.