PDA

View Full Version : Serious Injuries

Dainoji
11-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Has anyone noticed if their Rage gladiators get more injuries than the other specialties? One of my rage gladiators doesn't get them very often because he is usually dominating the fight and not getting hit, but I've heard from other managers that they get them more often because the berserk fighting style lacks defense. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Limpy
11-14-2010, 07:29 AM
My War gladiator had a string where he seemed to get 6-8 a week. That has sense slowed down, I think due to the fact I have slowly been able to increase his armor and, potentially, due to the fact that I have migrated his style to be more defensive.

Gubment Cheeze
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the chance of getting a serious injury has nothing to do with defense at all.
Like you however, my Rage gladiator gets few Serious Injuries because of his dominating fights. Although when I fight a well managed/geared War gladiator like Limpy's, my Rage gladiator becomes wide open to Serious Injuries just like anyone else.

Limpy
11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the chance of getting a serious injury has nothing to do with defense at all.
Like you however, my Rage gladiator gets few Serious Injuries because of his dominating fights. Although when I fight a well managed/geared War gladiator like Limpy's, my Rage gladiator becomes wide open to Serious Injuries just like anyone else.

My meaning behind the lower serious injury rate due to being more defensive was meant in a manner that, since I am more defensive, in turn I get hit less and those strikes that do land don't always land with full force due to the higher armor. Just to clarify.

Apparition
12-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't have a rage guy yet but I would think that the most natural way to run them would make them very good right off the bat but they would be more susceptible to big shots and make them more likely to end up getting killed.

Blackwill
12-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Lower level Rage gladiators don't really have a "defensive" style. Berserk is just the opposite.....it's high offense, high Blood Lust, throwing caution to the winds. The problem with playing a Rager "defensively" is that, when you lower the Activity Level and Blood Lust, you're not only reducing the number of attacks you GET, but also reducing the number of attacks you can BLOCK (and reducing the damage you can CAUSE due to the lower Blood Lust). Ragers don't get Parry or Counter-Attack (at least not at the levels of my current Rage glads), so there is really no point in hoping for blocked shots. My experience is that Rage gladiators should use their size and strength to bash the opponent to dust in the first few rounds, and hope they don't gas out before the Kill Shot.