PDA

View Full Version : New Updates - Faster Progress

Nate
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
FASTER PROGRESS!!!
The bloodthirsty crowd's of the Great Realm scream for epic battles and more bloodshed on the arena sands and the Blood Gods have granted their wishes!
* Arena Fight Tokens are awarded every 3 hours now!!!
* Increased the daily tavern contracts to 20!!!
* Increased a gladiator's max energy to 50!!!

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

oedi
02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
:( sad to say i dont like fast, i like slow. Faster the game pace, the sooner i get bored and quit. But i see most folks want more and faster so i hope its overall good for the game.

Narol
02-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Wow, that's great !

That means you need 4 times less time than before to max up your glad, concretely !

Thanks Nate, now the youngest stables will be competitives much faster !!!

Cynaidh
02-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Interesting change, I think it will be a good one as it will make the game be something you want to hit up 1 time a day to multiple visits!

Dainoji
02-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Nice! Very cool update, this will really help new players get to the "real game" a lot faster giving my stable more fodder to smack around at the top! :cool:

Prinny
02-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Limit for arena tokens is also raised or still the same?
Would add to help the players that dont get on each day~

Dainoji
02-09-2012, 07:50 AM
:( sad to say i dont like fast, i like slow. Faster the game pace, the sooner i get bored and quit. But i see most folks want more and faster so i hope its overall good for the game.

I guess the good news for you then is you aren't required to use all your fight tokens each day or do all your tavern quests. If you want, nothing at all changes for you, keep doing 2 arena fights per day and 5 tavern quests and you can keep playing at the same pace you are comfortable with. :) I suppose you could argue you'll get matched up more often, but I'll bet you'll enjoy the varied and deeper competition at the top shortly. Aren't you tired yet of losing to Thunder Lips all the time? Soon you can start losing to throngs of new gladiators you aren't familiar with...or on the other side of the coin, you'll have a lot more gladiators to beat on at the top! ;)

crow
02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Dainoji,
Do you still only have 3 glads in your stable? If so I figure after playing for over a year you would have found some new blood to put on the sands. My guys enjoy beating up on your guys and want more!! :)

Eric
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Limit for arena tokens is also raised or still the same?
Would add to help the players that dont get on each day~

At this time we have raised it to a max of 8, but this will be evaluated and monitored. We have a few thoughts on this ourselves, and may have some alternative options for the exact players you are talking about in the very near future. We have more good stuff for you guys on the horizon, now we just need to figure out how to clone Nate as he does the heavy lifting when it comes to programming.

PhantomSythe
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I like being able to play for more than 1 minute a day :) Great addition to walk into my first week.
Now if only I could start winning again lol.

OogWasFles
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
New update improves time able to spend in a game and with that I'm happy. Now I'd like to see some change in Slave Market, 'cause I'm getting tired of waiting on a good/worthy slave. Spent 11 trophies on finding a decent one, no success. Most of them would cost me 830-870 and have inferior stats :(

Ochrasy
02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
just gotta say that the new stuff is really cool ;)

Eric
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
just gotta say that the new stuff is really cool ;)

Awesome, glad you guys are enjoying the extra activity. We really aimed to give you guys more stuff to do, so it puts a smile on our faces to see that we have achieved our goal.

CaineDeSoulis
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
yea this update dramatically increased the speed of the game. started a new glad today and already have 4.3 weapon skill. to get to where the vets are it's only going to take 2-3 months now.

Warmonger
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm a little concerned about this. It's a BIG jump. And yeah we dont' have to use all the chances, but we didn't before and I still made sure I did everything everyday. I will likely drop a team or two, as this will become unmanageable as I have 4 teams and 19 warriors at the moment. My crazy OCD obsessed self will feel compelled to use all my arena and tavern fights every day.

BlkTmplr
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm with you there War, I can't leave anything undone but still only running one stable for the moment. This change is great for people who are attached to their one main stable.

CaineDeSoulis
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
@Warmonger

I kinda like it because of that reason actually. it discourages multiple stables per manager by turning the game into work lol.

nova1491
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
2nd caine point

Warmonger
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Gonna hold off until I'm thinking a bit more clearly, a death in the family today (Though not an unexpected one), it's 2AM here, and I'm not thinking clearly but my gut is telling me to go cold turkey. I know myself well enough to know I will sink in far too much time.

I do hope I don't come off as sounding like sour grapes, but I'm thinking this is an error. When everyone can max out much faster it takes out a lot of the in-between levels buying of equipment, skills, and stats. I also tend to spend trophies on buying the first 2 skills levels for guys because they are cheap. Or if a guy is lose to a new skill tier I might drop some trophies to get him there instantly so I don't have a wait a few more days. But when I'm earning so many skill points a day I'm much less likely to have an "impulse buy" moment and drop $5 or $20 on some trophies to slightly tweak some guy. People who max out quick might grow bored quicker. Or get frustrated when their newly minted max skill warrior can't cut it with the other top people and quit. It just seems like too big a change in one shot. Then again in the age of everyone playing maxed out endgame people in MMOs I might be totally wrong. I've played RPG games for a LONG time and for me the fun is more getting there then when I finally max out. That's when I personally tend to lose interest.

Dainoji
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
@Warmonger: Sorry to hear about your loss, even when a death is known it doesn't make it much easier.

Personally the old speed felt much too slow for me and many of my friends and as a result the upper brackets were populated by something silly like only 10 managers. I see this change as a major step in the right direction to grow the game and get a lot more people involved especially at the upper levels. I also see the opposite happening if a player reaches the end and is unhappy with their gladiator, they'll just start a new one because they know it won't take a year to get to the end. As far as enjoying the journey and not just focusing on the destination, it's not like you can go 0 to 50 in 3 days. It is still going to take some time, just less than you are used to, but more than enough to still enjoy the journey if that is what you are after. Plus, the end game is a totally different animal with the blood games and with the influx of all the new gladiators in the coming months I bet the tournaments are going to be intense, unpredictable and exciting! I think we're going to see a lot more activity, a lot more players, a lot more gladiators, a lot more competition and a lot more fun all around. If you are worried it will be too big of a time sink then just drop down the number of gladiators you are managing.

BlkTmplr
02-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Well, after almost 24hrs since the update I've just gotta say wow... It's a struggle to finish everything in 2 stables... OCD sucks!

Cynaidh
02-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Hell I like it so much I started a 3rd stable! for 13 glads: doing 10 tavern fights each, 3 arena fights, 1 arena challenge, figuring out where to put all those skill points, repairing gear, adjusting strategies from skill gains took me a total of 50 minutes this morning while i ate breakfast, now granted i only skim the tavern fights, but I don't think its too much of a time investment yet. I figure I'll have another hour after work going over the fights my guys/gals get challenged to during the day and knocking out another round of 10 tavern fights and 2 arena fights per each glad.

Warmonger
02-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the concerns. :)

Managed to sleep on it for a few hours and decided I'm dropping Bankrupt and Deep Hurting. I'm keeping the other 2 experimental teams for now to play around with some weird stuff I was doing with them, but they are not that active in the first place as neither of them initiates fights. I totally understand your logic Dainoji, and there might be 100 guys waiting to take my place, but I just can't justify spending any more money on the game as it currently is if I cannot keep up. I'll have to give this part some more thought too but my early thoughts are to sell all my glads on the dying teams so as not to let them wither away and die a slow death of injuries and equipment damage.

Cynaidh
02-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Damn Warmonger I really hope you reconsider, I have had some epic battles against your glads, I think about half of Gypsy's kills are against my guys :)

I actually think this will lead to me spending LESS money in this game, like you I also like to bump up a new glads weapon skill to 5 and some secondary skills to 2 or 3 when i start a new glad, but with the new amount of training points I don't really see the need to spend that anymore as I made new glads yesterday and they are already at 5 weapon skill, with 1 skill point in 4 secondary skills in two days! If anything I think this will free me from hanging on to some older glads that i should have replaced a long time ago but that just had enough skills that i thought i had too much time invested in them. Time for even more experimenting! one of the glads i started yesterday is a size 90! Ok'ish other stats but with the new system I can give it a try for a couple of weeks and have a good grasp on if its a keeper or not!

BlkTmplr
02-10-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm tempted to run a stable just on tavern fights now *deep in thought*. :cool:

Warmonger
02-10-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm tempted to run a stable just on tavern fights now *deep in thought*. :cool:

It has been an interesting experiment. A guy who I decided to do this with halfway into his life had maxed out weapon skill without buying any at level 8 or 9. I've since created new warriors specifically to try this. The theory is that I keep them moving up the ranks as slow as possible to minimize hitting the wall and build up their skills as much as possible. One is level 3 and at 7.3 weapon skill. He's had 4 career fights. Only 2 until the new system went in then he got 2 more. Another is at 8.5 at level 5 with 12 career fights.

Is it worth all the trouble? I don't know. They are certainly beasts and when I bust them out on a favorable black market day (i.e. wins and kills help) they decimate the competition and when they randomly match up with people they are pulling a 92% winning record. But they are all obviously still very short on experience.

Cynaidh
02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
well that's interesting.... Never considered doing that with a glad, i can see how it would work though, I have several warriors that are too high up in the ranks for their skill level, so by doing this you could front load a glad and then come out of no where and fly up the ranks when you where ready to unleash them, or save them for if we ever get tournaments for other then max level glads (I loved that part of duelmasters, rookies tourney for the win!!!)

oedi
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I would like to say that Warmongers comment mirrors my own thoughts exactly, and i would like to add just one thing to this.

The faster things evolve, the shorter the life span.

And i think a good solution wouldve been to not speed things up, but given us blood games or similar tournaments for lower brackets. That way it wouldnt be the same NEED for everyone to rush it to the top. We wouldve had equally fun and fierce competition on every step of the way.

Cynaidh
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I totally with Oedi and the multiple tourneys for different brackets!

But in addition to that what about having two arena's a slow and fast, fast with the new fight/tavern system, and slow one with the old system or even slower, let managers choose which arena they want their teams to move to. That way people who only want to play 2 or 3 times a week or prefer a slower game can have stables in it, and the people who want to be on everyday and have a constantly changing upper bracket can manage teams in the faster arena. I know I'd probably have teams in both myself.

The slow arena could also have slightly different rules like allowing tavern fights accrue for up to 4 days, that way the people who play 2 times a week or so would be able to be completely effective.

Anyway just an idea, why not make both sides happy.

Eric
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh you all are so cute. If you think Nate and I haven't thought about your scheming ways of just running Tavern fights and overloading a gladiator, you are putting far too little confidence in us. :p

Eric
02-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I would like to say that Warmongers comment mirrors my own thoughts exactly, and i would like to add just one thing to this.

The faster things evolve, the shorter the life span.

And i think a good solution wouldve been to not speed things up, but given us blood games or similar tournaments for lower brackets. That way it wouldnt be the same NEED for everyone to rush it to the top. We wouldve had equally fun and fierce competition on every step of the way.

This is assuming that the game does not evolve at all. Nate and I have many things planned for you guys in the future, some in the VERY near future, some in the not so distant future, and some that are several months off.

One of the things we are aiming to create in the coming months is a more living a breathing world with more PVE, more powerful items, ways to make your items more powerful, and ever expanding the depth to which you guys already enjoy from PoW.

Change can always be resisted. Trust us when we say that we have more new and exciting things planned for you guys.

Prinny
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Have had this system for a little while now but already dislike it.
Things have been sped up to much.

Comparison?

Before: 2 arena tokens a day - Now: 8 tokens a day.
Before: 5 Tavenr quests a day - Now: 20 Quests a day
Equipment goes down extremely fast now aswell which is annoying to keep up with.
Same goed for injuries, they add up extremely fast now even if you have a maxed out doctor.

I feel like it wouldve been better to have only doubled things instead of quadrupled

Cynaidh
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
One of the things we are aiming to create in the coming months is a more living a breathing world with more PVE, more powerful items, ways to make your items more powerful, and ever expanding the depth to which you guys already enjoy from PoW.

Interesting 0.o

CaineDeSoulis
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
i like the new changes. my war gladiator is about to get last stand level 10 in 3 days total. currently at 9.9. so it took 2 days to get to 9.9 with less than 10% for the better half of it. ^_^

oedi
02-11-2012, 01:20 AM
I did plan a long speach but, after a while i decided to cut straight to the bone a make a short line that capture my feeling on how the game presents itself to me now.

``an endless grind with one single moment of exitement each day.``

To much just takes out the exitement of everything, even skill trains are boring. With 28 new skill trains the next day nothing really matters, you couldve just given us maxed out gladiators to play with.

Kreegan
02-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Aye, it seems too fast. I feel a bit like a cheater now, after my top gladiator achieved about 20 victories in 2 days just because (well, supposedly) I managed to rush his training before the other people caught up with the changes. I mean - he had a very good win-lose ratio before but now...
Anyway, 4 fight tokens and 10 tavern missions per day sounds much more fun. If faster training is the aim, why not just unlock the Spa/Training Yard/Legendary Trainer (and of course make them cost gold, not trophies :p)?

CaineDeSoulis
02-11-2012, 09:55 AM
8 arena fights a day might be a bit much in a years time we would be looking at 2920 fights. the 20 taverns a day is neat tho ^_^

Cynaidh
02-11-2012, 12:11 PM
The new amount of fights and taverns is cool with me, just more fights to read, one thing i would suggest is the points spread between brackets needs to be adjusted, the glads i made on the day these changes went in are already in Veterans bracket, so they are almost going threw 2 brackets per day, i'd say you could almost double if not triple the amount of points need to advance to the next bracket, looks like double'ing it would put the current top warriors in pit lords, plenty of room for everyone to grow then :)

Ochrasy
02-11-2012, 01:07 PM
it's true, we just gotta understand the new pace of the game, but I think in "allgemeine" it's been a good change til now

Narol
02-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry for the few people who had to drop some teams due to the new pace of the game... Personnally with only 2 teams I struggle to get all my tavern/Arena fights made in time so I completely understand their problem...

However, the fact that the most addict players of the game had to multiply teams to fill their day of PoW is the best proof that a faster pace was needed and it makes more sense to have more things to do with each team than to have to create new teams to enjoy more fights !!!

Another very good aspect of the change, it's gonna erase fast the HUGE ADVANTAGE that the early discoverers of the game had and that allowed them to trust most places in the top brackets... Now the fight for the first places has become open to everyone and a new talented warrior has a chance to come challenge the old maxed glads in only a few months of training..

I even wouldn't be surprised to see some fast climbing young gladiators like Belgarad or Varqus already come challenge the old stars for victory in this Blood Games or the next, bringing some fresh air to this competition that has been so far quite a private club of a few trainers !

Adapt fast or die, it's that cruel... The bubble of slow evolution has busted and we're all out of our confort zone, but hell yeah it's an exciting new era that is starting for PoW and I wait each new day of fighting with impatience !

BlkTmplr
02-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Only beef I've got with the faster pace is that no one can keep up with the injuries/armor/repairs... It's the first time I've had to ignore an injury on my gladiator just because I couldn't pay the fee to fix her up and it's because I had to heal too many injuries and fix too much armor already.

Nate
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for all your feedback, Eric and I really appreciate it. Change is always tough in the beginning but always gets better as time goes by, and like all things new some people will like it and some people will not. Our goal is to get as many people engaged and enjoying the game at all levels and this is just one step in a multi-step plan we have. We are monitoring things carefully right now and will be making tweaks here and there in the coming days and weeks as things come up and are brought to our attention. This is also where you come in, as I said earlier, we love to hear your feedback and always do our best to make the game as best as possible for you. Pit of War is a living game ever evolving to meet your needs and desires and if it turns out that the recent changes feel like things were sped up too much then we'll dial it down a bit as we find a good balance for everyone. Thanks again for all your support and feedback and in the meantime enjoy all the fights!

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

BlkTmplr
02-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Nate :). It's really good to know that you as the developer/owner listen to the customer base and take into account our opinions, not many MMO's out there that can say the same.
Keep up the great work and we will find a balance soon enough.

Cynaidh
02-12-2012, 06:07 AM
I've noticed the same thing BlkTmplr my teams that aren't 6/6 armory are broke! like down to 400g broke from repairs/injuries.

BlkTmplr
02-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Gotta be honest, I'm only 4/6 Armory so it's understandable that I might struggle but it's never been this unbearable...
I've had to sell off most of my purple equipment ( :( ) and trade for inferior green equipment just to keep my stable running.

It was either that or sell glads. >.<

(Just had to add; Nice fight Cynaidh with Black Talon, very back and forth with Sammael ;) )

Cynaidh
02-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Yup same not sure what i am going to do about repairs yet, i can make it one more day before i'll have to decide. Not sure if i will drop gear levels or if i will kill off some glads, going to have to do one or the other.

That was a good fight!

oedi
02-12-2012, 08:04 AM
the best way to get extra gold is to run a gladiator in grey, and just ignore any wounds he get. For this purpose use a slow climbing scum war gladiator. You get paid per lvl and not rank, and such a gladiator should be able to win around 60% for the extra coin wins get you.

oedi
02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I also would like to say i found a way to play the game with the new pace. Grind through the tavern work and arena fights and then set up for next days blood game. Its so many arena fights now its just a blur.
two things i would love to see:
1) easy button for tavern work. exchange all available tavern work for skill points and forfeit gold and loot.
2) show who won under fight history.

Narol
02-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I noticed something that may explain the cash problems some teams have :

After the update, the gold earnings of contracts seems to have been brutally reduced (divided by 4 ?), probably to compensate the fact you can do 4 times more of them...

However, contracts weren't earning much before and now they cannot even cover the healing costs of the wounds you get while doing them... And with 4 times more contracts you get 4 times more wounds so it's a big problem !

Bringing the contracts earnings to what they were before might help to fix the problem, what do you think of it please Nate and Eric ?

Last month, as I was already struggling to repair my purple gears and heal my wounds, I made the decision to invest in Armoury level 6 instead of buying better purple armor gears for my warriors and I don't regret it as I make more money now than before the update, enough to pay all repairs and healing (and achievements ) and even have money left to buy a few green armor gears that are better than my outdated purple ones !

In fact, it's probably the best long-term strategic decision I made for my stable and I recommend everyone who can afford to do so if this money problem is not solved..

CaineDeSoulis
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
the avoid button is rather useless tho as it wears off after 1 out of 8 fights

Dainoji
02-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Last month, as I was already struggling to repair my purple gears and heal my wounds, I made the decision to invest in Armoury level 6 instead of buying better purple armor gears for my warriors and I don't regret it as I make more money now than before the update, enough to pay all repairs and healing (and achievements ) and even have money left to buy a few green armor gears that are better than my outdated purple ones !

In fact, it's probably the best long-term strategic decision I made for my stable and I recommend everyone who can afford to do so if this money problem is not solved..

You hit it on the head, if you plan on running around in all purples, the best long term decision for your stable is to upgrade the armory. Personally I find it to be a bargain and an easy decision to make seeing as it works on all your gladiators forever. I'm only on level 5/6 and I rarely have gold problems.

Isajij
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I dont see why people are losing more money due to the faster progress maybe it is just because it higher ends there are so few glads that you fight each other too much just give it time guys let all the people who are up and coming get up there then you will start making bank like me 45k gold and no clue what to do with it dont spend hardly any on repair costs yet so im looking to just stockpile as much as possible.

Apoca1ypse
02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Thoughts on new format:

Arena Coins: I like that extra can be stored, but with only a 3hr roll over, it makes arena fights feel like tavern runs and really drops the glamor imo. I would personally like to see them recharge every 6 hours instead, and be able to store up to 12 (3 days worth)

20 tavern runs: i like the extra training points it yeilds, but i would prefer it set at 10 as currently it feels too much like a grind. if it was changed to 10, you could do all your runs in 1 sitting (with 50 energy) which isnt too time consuming.

50 energy: I like this a lot. lets me do a bunch of tavern runs and a good chunk of pit fights later on. If tavern runs got dropped to 10, i would like energy to remain unchanged because it keeps session time convenient.

note: I think buying extra energy should be changed to a complete recharge. makes buying them worth it, especially for 50 energy and you want to dominate the pit :)

other stuff:

Bastard Swords: I think the fix went the wrong way. it's damage is less than a gladius, even though it's speed is much less. Personally I would have left them with their big hits and armor penetration (as a big ass sword should) but reduce their swing rate (again, as you'd expect from a huge sword)

2H rage: early days after going away, but after glancing at the ladder, it seems like they are still having issues. need more time to do a stat test on it though, especially because of the racial changes occurring at the same time.

edit: regarding 2H rage, I think the changes are a positive step towards making them competitive, but I think that the answer lies in the weapon itself. increasing the stat bonus so that it is on par with the bonus yielded by 2 single hand weapons. maybe upping damage a little to match or at least get closer to the damage output of 2 weapons is an option too. this gets balanced by having slow-ass initiative and still being up poop creek if you miss.

Narol
02-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Well, I don't remember who predicted that DW rages would dominate after the nerf on Hamstring, but he was right !

Delta and Prey are now number 1 and 2 in the Primus arena and they are both DW Rage... Maybe the nerf on Hamstring was un-needed and could be reversed ?

Apoca1ypse
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
part of why DW rage is so abundant at the top is because it's the most played style by a huge margin. wait at least a month to see what's what.

Kreegan
02-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Did you people have to fight against much stronger gladiators before the change? My guys keep being put against opponents who are 3-12 levels stronger and this doesn't always end well. Today I found that my level 19 was killed overnight by a level 31 in a not-so-fair duel (in which my gladiator was fighting with Death Sickness due to another death from a higher level fighter yesterday). Such matching could trigger a pretty long lose-death-lose-death chain for the lower level gladiators. :(

BlkTmplr
02-16-2012, 10:26 PM
It's normal.

Apoca1ypse
02-17-2012, 05:01 AM
it's normal. awesome low level glads are on the same points as crappy high lvl glads. it's the health difference that makes it tough.

Kanade
02-19-2012, 12:35 AM
The increased speed is perfect for a quicker progress. I was bored to wait before this update...
Too bad the slave market does not refresh more than once a day ;)

CaineDeSoulis
02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
yea its looking like an rage nerf is appropriate. as much as i hate to say it speedrage is just strictly outperforming the opposition unless your build takes advantage on speed rage builds i.e. Echo/Ormgar. lets be honest hear prey using a dagger/gladius shouldent be able to take apart eruption likes she's been doing. Eruption is probably the highest defense gladiator in the pits currently. like when solstice was the top and speed theatrics were the build to make. i can see the same thing happening to speed rages.

Dainoji
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
You guys are focusing on one matchup speed rage vs defensive war. How are your speed rages doing against theatrics?

CaineDeSoulis
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
speed vs. defensive war is fine the matchup with defensive theatrics is about 5% rage 95% theatrics currently

Apoca1ypse
02-20-2012, 11:53 PM
it's true. the few theatrics glads up top are feasting on speed rage

Kreegan
02-21-2012, 05:45 AM
The last Wargh vs Eruption fight was hilarious. Wargh seems to be totally outclassed stats-wise and with nearly twice less health but manages to win against a heavily armoured opponent with just a minor bruise. 12 attacks (one of them dealing over 500 damage!) in 21 seconds against... 1. I too have the impression that the higher level Rages are a bit over the top when it comes to amount of attacks and defense penetration.

Cynaidh
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't know anymore to be honest, one thing to me is clear is we have 60% of the glads in primus are rage gladiators, so there isn't going to be balance right now cause we have so many of one type at the top.

Right now it breaks down to me that, and take for granted this is just my opinion:

Rage beats war
theatrics beats rage
war beats theatrics <-- well not sure about this one, but would make it nice if its true :)

And then you can break it down even more

Speed rage beat defensive war (if they use broadsword or heavier in main hand, if not they loose to bounces)
Speed rage loose to two-handed last stand war <-- this is a guess, we currently don't have one in primus, but if a last stand war can take the initiative from a speed rage then in theory they could 2-3 shot them in last stand attacks I know my war that i am doing this style in gets 3 attacks if he hasn't attacked yet that round when last stand goes off. looking forward to Tourach and my guy Zmash getting up there with some new gear to see how they do!
Speed rage equal to speed offensive theatrics
Speed rage loose to defensive theatrics
Speed rage beat Power Rage
Power rage tie defensive war
Power rage beat last stand war <-- i think power rages will have a high enough hit point pool to do it
Power rage loose to speed offensive theatrics
Power rage beat defensive theatrics

So if that is correct (and that's a big if) then speed rages are doing so well due to just a lack of glads who have the correct style to beat them in primus currently.

Prinny
02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I Speed rage loose to two-handed last stand war <-- this is a guess, we currently don't have one in primus, but if a last stand war can take the initiative from a speed rage then in theory they could 2-3 shot them in last stand attacks I know my war that i am doing this style in gets 3 attacks if he hasn't attacked yet that round when last stand goes off. looking forward to Tourach and my guy Zmash getting up there with some new gear to see how they do!

My Glad Shikii has 8 skill points in Last Stand so he is also counted into this group :P
He's currently 26yj on the Maximus Ladder so that's 1 spot away from Zmash :P
It's high time I give him some new armor though....xD

Apoca1ypse
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
with the abundance of rage in general, good speed ragers are going to have more favorable outcomes and therefore move up the ranks. I know my poor 2H boys have been getting nothing but losses as the new wave of DW speed rage shoot past them in the rankings

Cynaidh
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Nice Prinny! I have high hopes for this style vs speed rages should be fun once we get them up there :)

Sierra11A
02-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I too have the impression that the higher level Rages are a bit over the top when it comes to amount of attacks and defense penetration.

how are they over the top? isnt the whole goal to be better then the rest?

Cynaidh
02-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Actually they aren't over the top at this very moment :)

Number 1 spot is a duel weilding War <-- i want to call him offensive
Number 2 spot is a defensive Theatrics
Number 3 spot is a speed rage
Number 4 spot is a speed rage
Number 5 spot is a duel weilding defensive war
Number 6 spot is a speed rage
Number 7 spot is a two handed defensive war
Number 8 - 10 are all Power Rages

Now since primas is 19% war, 25% Theatrics, 56% rage basically shows its all fairly balanced right now, I'd say, when you just look at it rage vs war vs theatrics, Theatrics are under represented some but there is a theatrics at spots 11 and 14 that are moving up i think.

Its almost time for Oedi and Apoc's monthly summarys on how the top glads are doing, am looking forward to seeing them this month lots of changes.

Apoca1ypse
02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
yeah I need to process the stuff from when the changes came into effect and then another at the end of this month. havnt had time yet

Cynaidh
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Yup should be interesting

I also find the blood games interesting in that even with the buff, the highest rage is in spot 7, and its a power rage not a speed rage.

oedi
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I also find the blood games interesting in that even with the buff, the highest rage is in spot 7, and its a power rage not a speed rage.

The blood games are something else entirely. In the bloodgames you design strats to take out the one opponet for your next fight, in the arena you need a generic strat that beats most possible gladiators.
And possibly others feeel like i do. I just dont care about the arena game at all any longer. I grind through my fights to get the skill points, then I prepare for next days blood games.

Apoca1ypse
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
personally I'm working or wargh getting some kudos at the top of the arena. he's not advanced enough for the blood games.

blood games are cool, but really it only caters to the top 20 glads imo.

oedi
02-28-2012, 12:58 AM
blood games are cool, but really it only caters to the top 20 glads imo.
thats totally true, and thats why i promoted the idea of doing blood game type of events for the lower brackets instead of the insane amount of arena fights.
The demand for rapid development came when more managers wanted to join the blood games and thought it unfair that only the veteran managers could join. Speeding up the development will not help that situation anyway. One blood game will never have room for everyone, and it will always be a limited amount of gladiators that actually can win that one game.
The reason that everyone wants to join the blood games is of course a combinations of the prizes and what i think its the ultimate challenge for gladiator dueling, pitting your strat againts 1 other strat.
Why not let everyone actually have a chance to experience that and not just an endless row of random fights in th arena.

BlkTmplr
02-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I know that my end game will be to have a competitive gladiator in the arena who can hold his/her own against all others, it's quite a broad goal and I'm sure it encompasses almost all of the other stable masters in the game.
My point is that as there is one competition and one competition only and it's only accessible for the best of the best gladiators this just wont hold up over time.

More managers will come with more good glads and more glads reaching the Primus bracket until we get to the point where even the glads in Primus wont be guaranteed entry into the Blood Games.

It's a race against the clock to develop something new and exciting to either slow down the charge to the top or make it more exciting just to be on the journey.

Dainoji
02-28-2012, 03:19 AM
thats totally true, and thats why i promoted the idea of doing blood game type of events for the lower brackets instead of the insane amount of arena fights.
The demand for rapid development came when more managers wanted to join the blood games and thought it unfair that only the veteran managers could join. Speeding up the development will not help that situation anyway. One blood game will never have room for everyone, and it will always be a limited amount of gladiators that actually can win that one game.
The reason that everyone wants to join the blood games is of course a combinations of the prizes and what i think its the ultimate challenge for gladiator dueling, pitting your strat againts 1 other strat.
Why not let everyone actually have a chance to experience that and not just an endless row of random fights in th arena.

Nonsense and very short sighted to say the least! The only reason the top 20 or 30 glads are dominating the blood games right now is because they are level 50 or close to it, it's not like they have some kind if secret magic keeping the top spots for themselves, and of course there will be a limited number of gladiators that can win an that limit is currently set at 10 per the blood game's rules. ;) Once the rest of the pack hits the mid 40s to 50s it's anyone's game, so to say it caters to the top 20 simply isn't true, it might be true right now, but it won't be true in the near future. Very soon the bulk of the gladiators in the blood games will all be equal in terms of level and skill points and at that point it's anyone's to win and will be A LOT more fun and exciting. For players not running 100 teams the current pace is great and allows new players to get to the end game in a reasonable amount of time which is good for everyone. Also in my opinion by not diluting the tournament experience and having them at the lower levels it gives players a carrot to chase and something to strive for and look forward to.

Dainoji
02-28-2012, 03:23 AM
I know that my end game will be to have a competitive gladiator in the arena who can hold his/her own against all others, it's quite a broad goal and I'm sure it encompasses almost all of the other stable masters in the game.
My point is that as there is one competition and one competition only and it's only accessible for the best of the best gladiators this just wont hold up over time.

More managers will come with more good glads and more glads reaching the Primus bracket until we get to the point where even the glads in Primus wont be guaranteed entry into the Blood Games.

It's a race against the clock to develop something new and exciting to either slow down the charge to the top or make it more exciting just to be on the journey.

You're making a lot of assumptions, the biggest being that the amount of gladiators allowed into the blood games will remain fixed and I'm pretty sure Nate has said as time goes by he'll open it up to more and more gladiators. The second assumption is everyone thinks like you do. I don't think there is only one competition, I find the arena to be very competitive and enjoyable, I also find the arena challenges to be competitive in regards to seeing where other gladiators of similar level are. You are also assuming that the game is never going to expand with new content, new competitions, etc.

BlkTmplr
02-28-2012, 05:21 AM
You're making a lot of assumptions, the biggest being that the amount of gladiators allowed into the blood games will remain fixed and I'm pretty sure Nate has said as time goes by he'll open it up to more and more gladiators. The second assumption is everyone thinks like you do. I don't think there is only one competition, I find the arena to be very competitive and enjoyable, I also find the arena challenges to be competitive in regards to seeing where other gladiators of similar level are. You are also assuming that the game is never going to expand with new content, new competitions, etc.

Yeah I agree they were assumptions that other people think as I do.

My point was more that the game needs to expand and I know it is, just that the rate of expansion has to match the charge of the stable masters as such.

Narol
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with Dainoji, the Blood games are gonna be even more interesting and challenging when more glads will have reached level 50 and completed their skill trees..

Many promising young glads are climbing the brackets fast and will soon be competitive against the current primus stars, it's only a question of time before their supremacy becomes really contested by newer warriors !

Take a look in the rearviewmirror at Varuk, for example, he's not even level 30 and already in the Maximus Bracket with an impressive 82% W/L ratio !!